Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, DAFC. said:

No winter break for us. This will test us if we are cut out for getting a play-off place or if it's a continuation of mid-table mediocrity. 

There's never been a winter break in the Championship, or First Division before that.

Got the fear that after tonight and last weekend we're going on one of those shite losing streaks.

Thought we did well to respond to a couple15-20 minute spells of pressure in that game.

As a team we were well organised but a little short on quality, which is understandable against an established Premier league team

Thought Watson and Murray were much better and the central midfield did well. Wilson and Mayo good subs. Thought Crawford had a good game apart from randomly having Watson taking the first penalty.

On the downside...

OFW could've saved either the second or fourth penalties. Really don't rate the guy overall. Struggled badly with keepers for a while now. I also think O'Hara is not a scapegoat, he just not a very good footballer. First touch is so poor. We are crying out for an option up front who can control the ball, shield it and bring other into play. McManus is not good at this either.

On 14/12/2020 at 22:39, smpar said:

Dundee (A) Win
Arbroath (H) Win
Inverness (A) Draw
Raith (H) Win
Hearts (A) Lose

That's how I think we should fair if we are going to be gunning for second however not impossible that we lose/ draw the lot :lol: such is Dunfermlines way.

I would like to see us bring in a striker in January other than that the squad is pretty balanced OFW will be fine for the remainder of the season but we will need a better keeper next year and if I'm honest Gill should be left to find another club as I feel he's not going to develop sat on the bench and if we did have to rely on him he wouldn't be up to the job of a top 4 finish.

That's how I think we should fair if we are going to be gunning for second however not impossible that we lose/ draw the lot :lol: such is Dunfermlines way.

I would like to see us bring in a striker in January other than that the squad is pretty balanced OFW will be fine for the remainder of the season but we will need a better keeper next year and if I'm honest Gill should be left to find another club as I feel he's not going to develop sat on the bench and if we did have to rely on him he wouldn't be up to the job of a top 4 finish.

10 points from that lot of games would be fantastic but it’s just not going to happen. As you say, only taking a point or two seems more likely, and I agree with DA Baracus that I get the fear we’re about to go on one of our frustrating runs of picking up almost f**k all.

I was pleased with our recruitment upfront before the season began, on paper it should work but it doesn't. We need another option and McCann probably isn't it but I'd certainly give him some minutes. 

I fear the worst and its justified. 

10 minutes ago, smpar said:

10 points from that lot of games would be fantastic but it’s just not going to happen. As you say, only taking a point or two seems more likely, and I agree with DA Baracus that I get the fear we’re about to go on one of our frustrating runs of picking up almost f**k all.

The end of the 1st third was always where I was going to take stock and it's been a cracking start. If Crawford wants to try what he did last night against Dundee then I would play Dow and Thomas as the wide men with Turner as the ACM and Wilson & McInroy as the central pair. I think we would be far more balanced and be a lot quicker on the attack and allow Turner to defend far higher up the park. The back 5 speak for themselves until Martin is back.

50 minutes ago, 101 said:

The end of the 1st third was always where I was going to take stock and it's been a cracking start. If Crawford wants to try what he did last night against Dundee then I would play Dow and Thomas as the wide men with Turner as the ACM and Wilson & McInroy as the central pair. I think we would be far more balanced and be a lot quicker on the attack and allow Turner to defend far higher up the park. The back 5 speak for themselves until Martin is back.

Agree entirely with this. That would seem to be our best team atm.

Aye a little bit, but hindsight is such an easy thing to use. 

Absolutely. I was disappointed, obviously, to lose on penalties on Tuesday night, but I just assumed that Rangers were going to obliterate any of the remaining teams (apart from Hibs), I was even mildly relieved that we wouldn’t have to play them.

My mentality in the cups is that if we're playing higher league opposition, as long as we give them a tough game and show some promise I'll be fairly content most of the time. I always demand we beat lower league teams. Obviously it won't always work out like that, but that's my general feeling.