Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Don't know if anyone saw the Scotsman today but they interviewed Stevie but entitled the interview with "Steve Crawford" and half way down the article is said "Stevie, who hates being called Steve" is the editor of the Scotsman a rovers fan?

[emoji38] rugby and football are the only 2 sports to of had crowds. Look for conspiracy elsewhere champ, maybe be a horse racing fan if you want a chip on your shoulder.
Horse racing had crowds though - they had a three day festival where they went from a large crowd to owners only to no crowds AFAIR. I'm sure cricket had fans at some county games too?

Not being able to use the toilets would be a red line for me, even more so if we have to turn up early and hang back late - knocking on three hours in the cold would test my old bladder somewhat I reckon! Also, I know the reasons for not having the multiple choices, but for allocated arrival times etc., there really needs to be a choice - I'd happily turn up at an allocated time from say half an hour before kick off but more than that would be pushing it. If it was an hour before kick off, with no toilets, catering or friends/family nearby to talk to? I'd rather watch a stream tbh.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Horse racing had crowds though - they had a three day festival where they went from a large crowd to owners only to no crowds AFAIR. I'm sure cricket had fans at some county games too?

Not being able to use the toilets would be a red line for me, even more so if we have to turn up early and hang back late - knocking on three hours in the cold would test my old bladder somewhat I reckon! Also, I know the reasons for not having the multiple choices, but for allocated arrival times etc., there really needs to be a choice - I'd happily turn up at an allocated time from say half an hour before kick off but more than that would be pushing it. If it was an hour before kick off, with no toilets, catering or friends/family nearby to talk to? I'd rather watch a stream tbh.

only in England as far as I've seen.

Thanks for that Salvo, I agree that if the most stringent restrictions were in place I would be a hard sell for folk to come along. We also had a reasonable number of people asking if topping up their season ticket was being looked into, I was personally dead against this as the season ticket has been poor value this season, although everyone knew the risk of a season outside the stadium but I don't think in this time of financial uncertainty when the fans have already done so much that demanding extra money would be a good look even if folk were willing.

What is even the point in having a handful of fans with so many restrictions? There’s no fun or enjoyment to be had. I’d rather pay to watch it from home with a pint of Vitamin T in hand. Can shout and bawl all I want too. Tend not to in the flesh as you just look like a tit majority of the time. Hopefully when next season starts we can all get back to the games, maybe only light enforcements such as masks before sitting down at your seat, hand gel whilst going through turnstiles etc.

21 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

What is even the point in having a handful of fans with so many restrictions? There’s no fun or enjoyment to be had. I’d rather pay to watch it from home with a pint of Vitamin T in hand. Can shout and bawl all I want too. Tend not to in the flesh as you just look like a tit majority of the time. Hopefully when next season starts we can all get back to the games, maybe only light enforcements such as masks before sitting down at your seat, hand gel whilst going through turnstiles etc.

It gives those in charge the opportunity to push for more fans to come back. The arguments will be along the lines of "300 were fine, why not more?".

Basically it's a desperate attempt to rush back more and more fans until levels are quickly back near normal. Aberdeen have been particularly transparent with this, with their proposals for ever increasing numbers of fans at various 'test events', whilst they bleat and mewl about England having fans back (only partially true and completely irrelevant).

19 hours ago, 101 said:

We also had a reasonable number of people asking if topping up their season ticket was being looked into, I was personally dead against this as the season ticket has been poor value this season, although everyone knew the risk of a season outside the stadium but I don't think in this time of financial uncertainty when the fans have already done so much that demanding extra money would be a good look even if folk were willing.

Hang on here,  are some suggesting if there is a limited number of fans who can get in,  that they would pay an extra fee in addition to their season ticket?  Madness.

Edited by parsforlife

Just now, parsforlife said:

Hang on here,  are some suggesting if theirs a limited number of fans who can get in,  that they would pay an extra fee in addition to their season ticket?  Madness.

Yes some fans suggested that and it's been filed in the bin

Just reading the managers comments from the game on Saturday and it got me thinking how refreshing it is to have varied, passionate interviews rather than the repetitive, droll script we got from Mr Johnston every week. 

Are the coaching staff still on rolling contracts? I don't think I've seen anything since the initial announcement so assume they are.

Looks like the Hearts game alone was enough to win Kyle Turner Pler of the Month for November. Crawford picks up YET ANOTHER Manager of the Month award.

On 06/12/2020 at 17:53, DA Baracus said:

It gives those in charge the opportunity to push for more fans to come back. The arguments will be along the lines of "300 were fine, why not more?".

Basically it's a desperate attempt to rush back more and more fans until levels are quickly back near normal. Aberdeen have been particularly transparent with this, with their proposals for ever increasing numbers of fans at various 'test events', whilst they bleat and mewl about England having fans back (only partially true and completely irrelevant).

If you really want in, albeit you might encounter horror of a snapped leg that needs dealt with, you could try this.... https://www.sja.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities/stadium-first-aider/ At least you’ll not hear lots of crowd noise when you drop a player off a stretcher currently.

On 04/12/2020 at 20:44, 101 said:

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=PST_Survey&ID=12709

It would be really helpful if you can fill this out. Also if the number of fans i.e won't return before 1000s rather than 100s then feel free to detail that in the free text section.

Last call for this folks.

Edited by 101

On 07/12/2020 at 11:15, VinnyPar said:

Just reading the managers comments from the game on Saturday and it got me thinking how refreshing it is to have varied, passionate interviews rather than the repetitive, droll script we got from Mr Johnston every week. 

Are the coaching staff still on rolling contracts? I don't think I've seen anything since the initial announcement so assume they are.

Results on the park will ultimately be the yardstick for judging a manager but It’s hard not to swell with pride listening to Stevie. The players must love having a boss like him.  

Jesus. Our next few games aren’t easy.

St Johnstone (H)
Dundee (A)
Arbroath (H)
Inverness (A)
Raith (H)
Hearts (A)

8 points from those 5 league games would be a good return IMO.

17 hours ago, smpar said:

Jesus. Our next few games aren’t easy.

St Johnstone (H)
Dundee (A)
Arbroath (H)
Inverness (A)
Raith (H)
Hearts (A)

8 points from those 5 league games would be a good return IMO.

No winter break for us. This will test us if we are cut out for getting a play-off place or if it's a continuation of mid-table mediocrity.