Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hes too small and slow to play in the top flight because he couldn't defend.
He'd leave wingers options to go either side of him, lunge in, then be left for dead, constantly. If he was stronger/quicker he could've gotten away with it by being able to "recover".
Wingers are slower/less mobile in the second tier, so his window of error is much larger.
And it's impossible for young players to drop down a level, improve and then come again. It's never been done by any player, anywhere, ever.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm saying that Comrie is too small, and slow, to ever be a regular full back in the top flight. 

From this. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where did I say that?

Fwiw I'm saying Comrie is too small to play at the top flight, because he can't read the game well enough. 

To this. 

So what is it? Is he never going to play in the top flight because he's too small and slow? (helpfully everyone's told you this is nonsense) 

Or is he never going to play in the top flight because he can't read the game well enough? which is something that's impossible to improve upon obviously. 

Some craic this. 

To this. 
So what is it? Is he never going to play in the top flight because he's too small and slow? (helpfully everyone's told you this is nonsense) 
Or is he never going to play in the top flight because he can't read the game well enough? which is something that's impossible to improve upon obviously. 

Some craic this. 

This RandomGuy is some laugh. He actually seems to be now be claiming that ‘too small’ was his way of saying that he can’t read the game well. There is absolutely no way that ‘too small’ in any sense of the phrase, means that a footballer can’t read a game well.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

From this. 

To this. 

They're the same thing. 

Hes too small physically to get away with not being able to read the game.

Shaun Rooney at ICT was horrendous defensively and constantly caught up the park, but could get back and win the ball. Comrie v top flight wingers was out the game the moment a winger ran at him.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're the same thing. 

Hes too small physically to get away with not being able to read the game.

Shaun Rooney at ICT was horrendous defensively and constantly caught up the park, but could get back and win the ball. Comrie v top flight wingers was out the game the moment a winger ran at him.

You've absolutely lost the dressing room mate.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Anyone know the story behind Sammy being fucked up by a swan?

Screenshot_20201202-204853.jpg

Very bizarre. Going by the strip Sammy is wearing, it's season 03/04. 

No idea what the deal with big watch and the swan is though.

12 hours ago, 101 said:

I know someone who got in trouble for accidentally shooting a swan. He never told me what swa

12 hours ago, 101 said:

Swans are quite hard. Sammy, being a eunuch, lacks testosterone, hence the need for his military hardware rather than relying on his claws and teeth. The swan has not been seen since leaving East End Park that day.

14 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Probably something to do with a Xmas panto? 

I'm sure it was at Christmas time, with a wizard and other Christmas panto paraphernalia on the pitch as well. Might have been against Aberdeen if memory serves me. A bizarre scene at EEP. 

8 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:
11 hours ago, Shandön Par said:
Swans are quite hard. Sammy, being a eunuch, lacks testosterone, hence the need for his military hardware rather than relying on his claws and teeth. The swan has not been seen since leaving East End Park that day.

Where was Jason Talbot that day?

He loved accidentally booting folk in the face. Can’t remember much about him other than that and maybe a goal at Easter Road? 

Got sent off in his debut at East End, a friendly against Hibs, for an appalling challenge in the first half.

Forgot all about that :lol: outstanding behaviour.