Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There are some interesting things in there (to an accountant anyway) but nothing dramatic per se.

It's a profit reported of £23,000 but the Chairman himself says that's after a donation of £40,000 from Save the Pars (not sure how much of that is regular donation and how much if any is a special Covid donation). It also says that returning loan players early saved cash as well as Fife Elite Football Academy closing for a period. There's an acknowledgement for various other donations and of course there would have been Covid grants and furlough support. There's also been a 6 month rent holiday apparently and it's a year you had an away cup tie at Celtic Park. There are plenty of indications that you'd be reporting a 6 figure loss still in 'normal' circumstances.

The club has deferred £345k of liabilities to 2022. There's an acknowledgement of post year end investment from Germany. It doesn't actually say how much that was but other documents at Companies House say it was £600,000. Also the Nisbet transfer although not specified by value, is acknowledged as a major benefit in two places.

The club is about £200k worse off in cash terms than it was 12 months earlier, including now having a £50k bank loan which is probably just a Govt Covid loan but it's interesting they saw the need to apply for it with the German money and Nisbet sale around the corner. I guess it was prudent at the time though. There's a major reduction in "Other Creditors" of about £280,000 but no information to suggest what those were. Soft loans from non directors perhaps?

The most interesting and relevant part in there other than possibly Ross' statement is note 1.2 on Going Concern. Nothing surprising in there but confirmation of a few things and it appears likely you are significantly cash rich at the moment at least.

Appreciated, outwith checking for the profit/loss I don't tend to know what the rest means. 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There are some interesting things in there (to an accountant anyway) but nothing dramatic per se.

It's a profit reported of £23,000 but the Chairman himself says that's after a donation of £40,000 from Save the Pars (not sure how much of that is regular donation and how much if any is a special Covid donation). It also says that returning loan players early saved cash as well as Fife Elite Football Academy closing for a period. There's an acknowledgement for various other donations and of course there would have been Covid grants and furlough support. There's also been a 6 month rent holiday apparently and it's a year you had an away cup tie at Celtic Park. There are plenty of indications that you'd be reporting a 6 figure loss still in 'normal' circumstances.

The club has deferred £345k of liabilities to 2022. There's an acknowledgement of post year end investment from Germany. It doesn't actually say how much that was but other documents at Companies House say it was £600,000. Also the Nisbet transfer although not specified by value, is acknowledged as a major benefit in two places.

The club is about £200k worse off in cash terms than it was 12 months earlier, including now having a £50k bank loan which is probably just a Govt Covid loan but it's interesting they saw the need to apply for it with the German money and Nisbet sale around the corner. I guess it was prudent at the time though. There's a major reduction in "Other Creditors" of about £280,000 but no information to suggest what those were. Soft loans from non directors perhaps?

The most interesting and relevant part in there other than possibly Ross' statement is note 1.2 on Going Concern. Nothing surprising in there but confirmation of a few things and it appears likely you are significantly cash rich at the moment at least.

The £40k was given in batches not all at once I'm not 100% sure they all went through before the end of the reporting year. Interesting breakdown from someone on the outside so thanks 

How much was the sell-on clause? 30%? Would be disappointed if the sell-on fee wasn't north of £1,000,000 given how good he is, but it's guaranteed to be at least £500,000, which is unreal business for us. 

He keeps playing the way he is, coupled with Scotland caps to his name, an English team with more money than sense will fling all sorts of MUNEY at Hibs this coming summer IMO.

Edited by DAFC.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

How much was the sell-on clause? 30%? Would be disappointed if the sell-on fee wasn't north of £1,000,000 given how good he is, but it's guaranteed to be at least £500,000, which is unreal business for us. 

He keeps playing the way he is, coupled with Scotland caps to his name, an English team with more money than sense will fling all sorts of MUNEY at Hibs this coming summer IMO.

Depends if he wants to go he spend this year saying he wanted to stay in Scotland which is understandable if he knew his dad was unwell but yeh I would really like to see him leave our little backwater and try new things in Europe or further afield.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I would be astonished if any sell on is as high as 30%. I've never heard of a sell on that high before. About 10-15% seems far more likely. £2m+ is a big ask too but its possible I suppose

St Mirren had a 33% sell on clause when they sold McGinn to Hibs.

Dykes got sold for 2m+ aswell (apparently) and Nisbet is one goal off matching his total from last season, good chance that if he goes it'll be for 2m+ I reckon. 

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

St Mirren had a 33% sell on clause when they sold McGinn to Hibs.

Dykes got sold for 2m+ aswell (apparently) and Nisbet is one goal off matching his total from last season, good chance that if he goes it'll be for 2m+ I reckon. 

I wouldn't believe all the numbers you read in the papers.

John McGinn went to Hibs on a free transfer with the sell on clause being the main part of the deal and it's still incredibly unusual for it to be that high (if we assume the reported one third in that case was correct). NIsbet was sold for a large up front payment. Unless someone at Dunfermline has confirmed it publicly I'm enormously sceptical you will have anywhere near 30% on it.

McGinn went to Villa for £3m but that was with Villa competing with Celtic for his signature. To get those sort of offers you need two big clubs deciding they have to compete for it and there's less money in the game right now.

Good luck but it's optimistic to think you'll get anywhere near those sort of numbers. You'll make more money off him for sure though.

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

Last shout for anyone who thinks the put money in the pot for Danny Devines shirt sponsorship. Cheers.

ETA, does anyone know @Poet of the Macabre irl not been online for a wee bit, hope he's okay.

I'm sure I follow him on Twitter and he's been active in the last 24 hours (unless I've got the wrong person). 

I would be astonished if any sell on is as high as 30%. I've never heard of a sell on that high before. About 10-15% seems far more likely. £2m+ is a big ask too but its possible I suppose
we accepted a pretty small payment up front in exchange for the 30% sell on fee plus lump sum for a scotland cap

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I wouldn't believe all the numbers you read in the papers.

John McGinn went to Hibs on a free transfer with the sell on clause being the main part of the deal and it's still incredibly unusual for it to be that high (if we assume the reported one third in that case was correct). NIsbet was sold for a large up front payment. Unless someone at Dunfermline has confirmed it publicly I'm enormously sceptical you will have anywhere near 30% on it.

McGinn went to Villa for £3m but that was with Villa competing with Celtic for his signature. To get those sort of offers you need two big clubs deciding they have to compete for it and there's less money in the game right now.

Good luck but it's optimistic to think you'll get anywhere near those sort of numbers. You'll make more money off him for sure though.

I'm not as bothered comparing McGinn and Nisbet, different positions. There's always been more of a premium on strikers, in this instance you can compare Dykes to Nisbet and Nisbet comes off more favourably, Hibs aren't going to accept less than what Livi got for Dykes. 

No way are Hibs accepting anything less than 2.5mil for Nisbet if he keeps this up. Didn’t McKenna go for about 3mil to Forest? Yeah he’s played longer in the top flight, had caps to his name, plays CB etc but the problem is, he isn’t very good at football. Nisbet is very good at football, as he continues to prove every week.

On 25/11/2020 at 16:22, DAFC. said:

I’d say just now he’d be about £4.5million. Scores all sorts of goals. Can’t imagine what he’ll be worth after the Euros.