Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Doesnt help when we boot some of the most promising ones out the door during a global pandemic.

But they're clearly not the most promising ones otherwise they'd still be there surely.

47 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Anyone with a season ticket, how easy is it to watch games?

Just enter customer number and postcode and you get in or do you need to register?

Pretty much but there’s been a few that had issues with postcode and customer number not matching(including me) Probably worth trying to login well before the game to make sure your good.

Pretty much but there’s been a few that had issues with postcode and customer number not matching(including me) Probably worth trying to login well before the game to make sure your good.
OK thanks. Going to go for it.
Tried the first game and it seemed excellent on ppv.

But they're clearly not the most promising ones otherwise they'd still be there surely.
Guess it's down to opinions. Wouldn't be the first time we've let someone go who's went to play at a higher level and doubt it will be the last.

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Guess it's down to opinions. Wouldn't be the first time we've let someone go who's went to play at a higher level and doubt it will be the last.

Is their many we’ve let go who have significantly kicked on?  Millen or Riley are probably the strongest examples I can think of and I’m doubtful anyone wanted to keep either nor anyone who desperately wants them back.

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That happens at every club.

There are also loads who left who have dropped down the leagues.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Is their many we’ve let go who have significantly kicked on?  Millen or Riley are probably the strongest examples I can think of and I’m doubtful anyone wanted to keep either nor anyone who desperately wants them back.

Riley? As if in Gavin Reilly? He scored 2 goals all season. He wasn't our player anyway.

Since leaving us he's had a great season at St Mirren then has scored 8 goals since in all games.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

That happens at every club.

There are also loads who left who have dropped down the leagues.

Riley? As if in Gavin Reilly? He scored 2 goals all season. He wasn't our player anyway.

Since leaving us he's had a great season at St Mirren then has scored 8 goals since in all games.

Aye him.   I don’t think he’s had that much success, and as you say wasn’t technically ours, but given he was out of contract when his loan ended it can be suggested we let him go.  

Millen, Byrne, Williamson, McHattie, Mercer and a few others like Henderson have all made a living out of football but Lewis Martin is the only player in decades that’s made it into our first team and been a great success and improved year on year.

We signed a bunch of them from top spl clubs from money given to develop local talent at the same time as signing on young players from local youth teams with no intent on playing them really. Destroying the local youth setup and teams in the process. This was the time that Stephen Wright was in charge. Heard the full story from a local manger who was really bitter about it. He wrecked his team for nothing and pissed off lots of young kids. I guess stuff like this goes on all over but let’s not pretend we had a good youth system, we signed over a dozen players who were decent and only really developed one of them. I used to get so mad at Williamson because he had talent but never developed. Same old shit every week. Look at Rooney with ICT, he would never have developed with us. Sorry to say this and I’m no trolling, just my view backed with some facts.

The examples of people who have gone on to ''bigger things'' amount to nothing more than being a Premiership reserve player for a season. Folk like Spence, White, MIllen and Rooney and Byrne. I can honestly say I still wouldn't want any of them back.

I don't think it's fans. Too easy to blame.  There are clubs that produce great talents but have even worse fans than ours. I actually doubt our scouting network has much of a far reach due to finance and also FIfe doesn't produce the same quality of footballers as Lanarkshire and Ayrshire. The best young talents are generally found in the West. I know there are some obvious exceptions to that , but in term of producing a high volume of quality young players, it's teams like Motherwell and Killie over the years who have done this successfully outside of the big Cities.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Anyone with a season ticket, how easy is it to watch games?

Just enter customer number and postcode and you get in or do you need to register?

I had a lot of bother but I was trying to log in using my DAFC account which is really for the shop, tickets etc.

If you have a season ticket use the box on the left of centre, enter your customer number (from your ticket) and your postcode - if you have any bother get in touch with Matt Ford at the club, he's a modern day hero who'll sort your issue out within a couple of hours.

My stream for the Inverness game was excellent.

I’ll give you Byrne, but Williamson and Mercer haven’t gone on to play at a higher level, or even play for a team finishing higher than Dunfermline.

I think Nick Phinn would have gone onto bigger things eventually, shame injury cut his career short. 

Williamson was a huge, huge disappointment. So much promise but just never kicked on. Comrie is such a massive upgrade there in every sense. 

Nick Phinn and Steven Bell were very promising talents before their injuries. They must be so gutted, I don’t doubt both of them would have had a good go at the top flight had it not been for their injuries.

Agree re Williamson/Comrie as well. Williamson had some terrific performances for us but he also had some stinkers. Comrie won’t win matches with performances like Williamson did on occasion, but he is far more consistent and one of our most reliable players. I rate him very highly for this level.

Steven Bell prior to his injury was one of the best central midfielders I've seen in a Pars shirt. He had only played 2nd tier football, but could've gone much further. He came to us around 22/23 so not a youth product. 

I find it a waste of money and time having a youth system as poor as ours. You either scout and finance it properly and produce talents akin to Hamilton, Motherwell and Killie or scrap the youth teams and spend your money on guys 20-23 who have something about them. We've done far better in that market with Nisbet, Bell, Comrie etc.

I've followed Pars since the late 80's and can think of McNamara (who was brought in at 18 from another team) as the only big money sales from the youth side.  That's millions on youth investment over that time with hardly any income from it or even first team players produced.

Edited by Chubbychops

12 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I'd add Scougall and, to a lesser extent, Jordan White.

We didn't have a choice with keeping Scougall I heard. 

Jordan White took a long time to come good, and had to drop down to the bottom tier to get reasonably consistent game time. 

Steven Bell prior to his injury was one of the best central midfielders I've seen in a Pars shirt. He had only played 2nd tier football, but could've gone much further. He came to us around 22/23 so not a youth product. 
I find it a waste of money and time having a youth system as poor as ours. You either scout and finance it properly and produce talents akin to Hamilton, Motherwell and Killie or scrap the youth teams and spend your money on guys 20-23 who have something about them. We've done far better in that market with Nisbet, Bell, Comrie etc.
I've followed Pars since the late 80's and can think of McNamara (who was brought in at 18 from another team) as the only big money sales from the youth side.  That's millions on youth investment over that time with hardly any income from it or even first team players produced.
Agreed, unless the Germans can help I would scrap it.
As I said our youth system was just to buy rejects from top spl sides anyway.