Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I know some people may laugh because it's the League Cup, it's Dumbarton or whatever but I'm extremely excited to see us again tonight in competitive action. 

We've signed some great players and with the likes of Thomas and Dow, we've always got a threat going forward. I rate McManus and interested to see how O'Hara fits into the team. 

Our defence looks reasonably strong and we've got decent depth (perhaps not up front)

I've always just really felt excited to see us play and hopefully win. It's as simple as that. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I know some people may laugh because it's the League Cup, it's Dumbarton or whatever but I'm extremely excited to see us again tonight in competitive action. 

We've signed some great players and with the likes of Thomas and Dow, we've always got a threat going forward. I rate McManus and interested to see how O'Hara fits into the team. 

Our defence looks reasonably strong and we've got decent depth (perhaps not up front)

I've always just really felt excited to see us play and hopefully win. It's as simple as that. 

Booked marked for after the game.

Guest Axle Grease
5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Based on?

Based on Celtic recently releasing key young players on loan, we've taken on Mcinroy for instance.

I'm saying if Dembele was available would it benefit us if we could get a young player with his reported explosive potential. 

On 05/10/2020 at 13:46, Stellaboz said:
On 05/10/2020 at 13:05, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
Confirmation that tomorrow’s game will be streamed...
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4590

As mentioned elsewhere, really easy to register and order the stream. Simple and easy, good work.

After 20 minutes trying to purchase the game I gave up. Dreadful. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

After 20 minutes trying to purchase the game I gave up. Dreadful. 

I'm close to that! Been having difficulties. Took me 3 attempts to make my account. After I put in my payment details I got the wee spinning wheel for about 10 minutes, then nothing, now this:

{"message": "Internal server error"}

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Working nae bother for me. To be fair, the club were fairly vocal in advising that signing up for the service should be done in advance.

Screenshot_20201006_194923_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7925aa3f3ade86cb73d99991ca3dfe5c.jpg

To be fair, trying to sign up for a stream 20 minutes in advance of the game is plenty time for a competent website. 

Tried refreshing that multiple times. Nothing.

Looks like I'm not seeing the game then. Absolute shit.

They'd better not have charged me. A charge back will be getting done post haste if they have.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm close to that! Been having difficulties. Took me 3 attempts to make my account. After I put in my payment details I got the wee spinning wheel for about 10 minutes, then nothing, now this:

{"message": "Internal server error"}

Yep, exact same. 

On the payment page I found it weird how it just asks for the date on your card, took a punt that it meant the expiry date, crashed regardless. 

Seing loads of complaints with other people having the same problem, likewise it better not have charged me. Seing that people who did buy it in advance, now can't get on the website. It seems that if you had the video loaded up well in advance you're alright, however the demand has totally outstripped the capabilities of the website. 

This is the drama, a few games like this and people just won't bother even attempting to try and watch the game, just a shite experience. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Seing loads of complaints with other people having the same problem, likewise it better not have charged me. Seing that people who did buy it in advance, now can't get on the website. It seems that if you had the video loaded up well in advance you're alright, however the demand has totally outstripped the capabilities of the website. 

This is the drama, a few games like this and people just won't bother even attempting to try and watch the game, just a shite experience. 

Clubs need to get together and hand over IT and streaming to a professional company. Could see this coming a mile away. ParsTV will be the same.

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Screenshot_20201006_194923_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7925aa3f3ade86cb73d99991ca3dfe5c.jpg

To be fair, trying to sign up for a stream 20 minutes in advance of the game is plenty time for a competent website. 

Given it’s the first time in our history we’ve attempted a live stream I just dealt with it yesterday to ensure I was able to watch the game. I’ve tried to sign up for Aberdeen’s live streaming service 30 minutes in advance of kick off for our last Scottish Cup game and it was too late so 20 minutes isn’t really ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Given it’s the first time in our history we’ve attempted a live stream I just dealt with it yesterday to ensure I was able to watch the game. I’ve tried to sign up for Aberdeen’s live streaming service 30 minutes in advance of kick off for our last Scottish Cup game and it was too late so 20 minutes isn’t really ridiculous.

In which case the Aberdeen live streaming service is gubbins aswell, hth. 

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Clubs need to get together and hand over IT and streaming to a professional company. Could see this coming a mile away. ParsTV will be the same.

Yep, ParsTv struggles with the bigger games where more people try to stream. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

In which case the Aberdeen live streaming service is gubbins aswell, hth. 

Yep, ParsTv struggles with the bigger games where more people try to stream. 

It will happen the. Brian will deny any wrongdoing and blame it on everyone else. f**k paying £17 for a blank screen.