Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 more goals for Nisbet tonight.
If he keeps this up he'll surely be considered for the next international squad.

He should have been in it. Callum Paterson, who isn’t even a striker really, and Lawrence Shankland, who has barely kicked a ball this season, got picked ahead of him, which is a bit of a joke in all honesty.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

2 more goals for Nisbet tonight.

If he keeps this up he'll surely be considered for the next international squad.

He is certainly having a fine start to the season - but the two occasions so far where he has faced decent defenders he morphed into The Invisible Man. 

He is certainly having a fine start to the season - but the two occasions so far where he has faced decent defenders he morphed into The Invisible Man. 
Complete lies [emoji23][emoji23] Played very well against Rangers and by all accounts gave Duffy the run around last week at Parkhead.

25 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Eh? He was very good against Rangers and should've gotten the MOTM. 

He made Shane Duffy look very silly on a couple of occasions at Celtic Park last week, so aye, this is a weird take.

1 hour ago, Ian38018 said:

He was given man of the match on BBC against Rangers. Yer talking oot yer erse bud

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Absolute minter fae Ian here.

Yes, sorry folks.  Just being a wee bit provocative there.

But my point is the same - let's wait until he pops in a few against the Ugly Sisters, before punting the lad for Scotland.

12 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Yes, sorry folks.  Just being a wee bit provocative there.

But my point is the same - let's wait until he pops in a few against the Ugly Sisters, before punting the lad for Scotland.

Why? That criteria doesn't exist for any other player.

I would say it's still top early for him, but if he keeps up his scoring then would definitely include him in the next squad after the new year.

Why? That criteria doesn't exist for any other player.
I would say it's still top early for him, but if he keeps up his scoring then would definitely include him in the next squad after the new year.
If only we had a reference point... Like say a player who was called up having only scored at Championship level.....

9 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:
19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If only we had a reference point... Like say a player who was called up having only scored at Championship level.....

Sarcasm does not become you, sir.

........but I take your point.  There are similarities between Nisbet and LS.  

Shankland was a season ahead of Nisbet when he started smashing them in in the Championship. At that time Nisbet started banging them in in League 1. Both then fired in a load in the Championship last year, and I would think that both will fire a load in in the Premiership this season. Nisbet has already got a load and Shankland 2, but the latter was injured for quite a few games (Nisbet was out too but for not as long).

Anyway, I'd have both in the Scotland squad in time.

I see Nisbet hasn’t lost the ability to knock any defender off the ball without actually fouling them. Made Shane Duffy look like a skinny ride last week at Celtic Park.