Jump to content
Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, lets keep adding more wages in to an already large squad. It's not like this is a time when clubs need to be saving as much money as possible and reduce outgoings as much as they can.

Don't know why you keep having a hissy fit everytime somebody suggests signing a player. McCann and McGill can be put out on loan with subsidised wages and bring another striker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hissy fit? Can you please point out where this has happened? 

I'll keep raising the issue of finance when folk discuss signings, because I feel it has to be kept in mind giving the massive challenge of getting through this season.

What you suggest could happen and could be a way to do it, but I get the impression that the manager won't be loaning either player out 

That's how to have a discussion, not trying to discredit someone because you don't like what they say by claiming that making a post on a football forum is somehow a 'hissy fit'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hissy fit? Can you please point out where this has happened? 

I'll keep raising the issue of finance when folk discuss signings, because I feel it has to be kept in mind giving the massive challenge of getting through this season.

What you suggest could happen and could be a way to do it, but I get the impression that the manager won't be loaning either player out 

That's how to have a discussion, not trying to discredit someone because you don't like what they say by claiming that making a post on a football forum is somehow a 'hissy fit'.

You might be blind to it but Chicken Wing has highlighted to you a few posts above about your dismissive comment about signing 5 players and you were wrong.

You then picked me up about splashing the cash on a defender and responded by dismissively saying that ''there's no cash to splash'' We then signed Mayo. Wrong again.

Your snippy comment about needing a striker is in the same vain. I now fully expect a new strker as you are normally wrong on these matters.

You know nothing about Pars financial matters clearly, so maybe you need to quit the sneering crap when people suggest a potential area that needs improved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

You might be blind to it but Chicken Wing has highlighted to you a few posts above about your dismissive comment about signing 5 players and you were wrong.

You then picked me up about splashing the cash on a defender and responded by dismissively saying that ''there's no cash to splash'' We then signed Mayo. Wrong again.

Your snippy comment about needing a striker is in the same vain. I now fully expect a new strker as you are normally wrong on these matters.

You know nothing about Pars financial matters clearly, so maybe you need to quit the sneering crap when people suggest a potential area that needs improved.

 

I've never once claimed to know the club's finances. I don't have 'sources' etc. What I do know is that the club made a significant the season before last and were struggling to break even last season (because they've publically said so). With income massively reduced, questions need to be asked how they are affording decent players and how they are affording to have a large squad. If there's a good answer then fine, but aurelt you can see the concern about signing more players when all clubs will have severely stretched finances, with talk of many struggling to survive.

The numbers aren't adding up for me, so I'll continue to raise the issue of finances until they do. It might be that the German group are funding this, but if so it should be made clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think stevie said that the signings earlier on were down to the investment.
Thats why we signed folk on longer contracts. I think the interview is on the main site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But does that take in to account that there will almost certainly be no fans in grounds until the new year at the earliest, with the possibility of none at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

But does that take in to account that there will almost certainly be no fans in grounds until the new year at the earliest, with the possibility of none at all?

Worth watching the interview with the German gentlemen. 

They've demonstrated their commitment by providing equity to allow the club to prepare for the season(s) ahead. 

One thing that attracted them to the club was that we were being managed prudently from a financial perspective. They're stressed they aren't about throwing cash at the club though, they talk about long term sustainability and their longer term commitment.

They come across well and also acknowledge the scepticism of the Scottish football fan.

We just need to trust them and the current Board I suppose, to get this right and see us climb back up to the top league. 

They mentioned the need for proper training facilities which is an excellent initiative in my opinion. I'm actually excited about that. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we can go to the stock cars in Lochgelly though eh lads whilst we can’t go to an all-seated ground with social distancing measures!IMG_4273.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathan Afolabi - He any good? We are about to sign him according to Scott Burns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reasonably good option to have.  As said quick and strong, got a decent touch as well.

He was quite naive and made some silly mistakes as a result-  which is presumably what Celtic are hoping is games at this level will fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will he bring goals, do you think? We have Danny Mullen and Jakubiak at the moment so we need either a battering ram (Which despite being on the small side Jakubiak is meant to be good at) or a goalscorer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will he bring goals, do you think? We have Danny Mullen and Jakubiak at the moment so we need either a battering ram (Which despite being on the small side Jakubiak is meant to be good at) or a goalscorer.

He’ll score a few, aye, but probably won’t be troubling the top goalscorers. I’d probably put him as 3rd choice behind Mullen and Jakubiak.

I’d have been happy enough if we’d signed him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have been really happy to have him back, play him consistently and I reckon he has 10+ goals on him easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what some Pars fans saw in Afolabi personally. To me he seemed lazy and his technical ability left a lot to be desired. Certainly glad that we haven’t got him back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I never thought he was lazy more unfit, gassed after half an hour everytime.

Aye maybe it was that rather than he just couldn’t be arsed. Either way he wasn’t mobile enough to cause problems for defenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think he looked interested in doing too much running off the ball and chasing things down. On the ball I thought he looked good.

We've likely been spoiled watching the work rate of Kevin Nisbet every week. That's a side of Nisbet's game that McManus will replace, hopefully his goals can be replaced between McManus and O'Hara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...