Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Interview up with the new investors: 

May be naive to say, but I think we'll be alright. I can't imagine a group investing in a club and letting it sink down the drain in the first 7 or 8 months. 

This also might sound a bit weird but I'm more worried about other clubs at our level. We need other clubs to literally have competition and without them, there's nothing. Scottish football as a whole needs to start working much closer together and for the collective benefit, rather than that of a small handful of clubs. 

It doesn't help that the league has no sponsor to actually bring money in to distribute to the clubs. I actually think this year the prize money in the division should just be split 10 ways rather than the sliding scale. But like you say difficult for teams to buy in unless they are in trouble.

As for the investors I think they come across as competent which is more than you can say for most investors in Scottish football. Also by doing it they seem open to the fans being involved in the running of the club, I guess the question then is are the fans interested in doing so. Time will tell.

Enjoyed the interview, they seem to be genuinely interested in the club and speak very conservatively about cash flow and the stadium. As has already been said saying the right things but still not grasping what their ROI is, time will tell but things like club owned training facilities and a better academy set up can only be positives for the club.

In other news, herald is linking us with Lewis Mayo from rangers. Centre half who played with Patrick last season, would seem strange given we already have Murray, Watson, Lang, Martin, Bragg and Whittaker who can all play there. I suppose you could argue that Lewis Martin is an out and out full back now, definitely his strongest position.

It's another striker we need IMO.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18747627.dunfermline-eye-loan-move-rangers-defender-lewis-mayo/?ref=twtrec

41 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Enjoyed the interview, they seem to be genuinely interested in the club and speak very conservatively about cash flow and the stadium. As has already been said saying the right things but still not grasping what their ROI is, time will tell but things like club owned training facilities and a better academy set up can only be positives for the club.

In other news, herald is linking us with Lewis Mayo from rangers. Centre half who played with Patrick last season, would seem strange given we already have Murray, Watson, Lang, Martin, Bragg and Whittaker who can all play there. I suppose you could argue that Lewis Martin is an out and out full back now, definitely his strongest position.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18747627.dunfermline-eye-loan-move-rangers-defender-lewis-mayo/?ref=twtrec

Unless one of the CH is punted of course.

20 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I think fans of just about every club should be worried about their future at the moment. 

The trouble is as far as I can see full time championship clubs are probably the most risk exposed of the lot. 

You're probably right with that when you think about it, and I'm sure the board realise  the obvious dangers. Worrying times.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

We had trialists numbered 9 and 11 the other day. They'll be strikers we'll be having a look at.

No idea why we've signed Mayo tbh as we have plenty of defensive options, but Sevco supporting friends seem to think he is very talented. 

Personally, I'd not be classing Bragg or Whittaker as first team centre halfs and with Murray/Martin you've got our first choice left back IMO.

So where are we with a squad?

strongest 11

OFW

comrie. Watson Murray martin

Dow Whittaker. Turner.  Thomas

ohara McManus

Reserve

Gill

Mayo Lang Edwards

F.Murray(still happening?) Wilson Mcinroy 

McCann McGill 

You also have Allan and Todd who will possibly get game time.

I think ATM if Martin/comrie get injured then it’s going to be a bit of positional changes,  with either Murray or Whittaker covering the full back position and Lang/Mayo/Wilson coming in.

Still desperately short out wide, there’s a few that ‘can do a job’ but nobody natural and those that would be forced out of position definitely wouldn’t take to as well as those we can ask to cover full back.

Not much of a clue where the u20s are going to get game time I haven’t mentioned are going to get any game time,  and even the likes of Edwards are just taking up space,  as it’s better for us to use the core 15/16 players and asking them to at times play in different positions than it will be to bring untested youths in. Loans seem the only option.

We have 28 signed players and I think we will go into the season with 23 here is my thoughts.

The 23 in my opinion is still short of 2 and this is wide and upfront. 

first team squad 

Goalkeeprs 

Fon Williams - Gill - Swinton 

Defenders 

Comrie - Bowman 

E Murray - Watson - Mayo - Lang 

Martin - Edwards 

Midfielders 

Dow - F Murray

Whittaker - Turner - McInroy - Wilson 

Thomas - 

Strikers