Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Tbh. If Pars are in the Premiership, EEP will be fine. It only seems too big if we are out the top division. 

I can't stand grounds like St Mirren's.  It would be horrible being out by Halbeath halt or some souless bit of land. It's not just the football I enjoy my day out for. I like walking 10 minutes into the Town and having post match beers with the lads. I just don't think swapping  our current 11,000 stadium for 8000 stadium is worth it.

42 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I appreciate what your saying and I guess we both have the same issue of the stadiums being too big which was done with the stupid 10,000 seats rule for the SPL. Ideally I’d like the sides seated and the ends safe standing and a smaller capacity 6-8k maybe but I’d rather stay in the town than out by the A92. I guess it all comes down to cost and selling the land to pay for a new stadium means moving unless you’re lucky enough to have a chairman with deep pockets.

Anyway it’s all pie in the Sky for most Scottish clubs as we’ve not got the money to move or rebuild.

Aye that's fair, was in Birmingham last weekend and ended up speaking to some hockey fans who were asking about the venue for the flyers and if it was close to all the pubs, couldn't give them good news in that regards. 

31 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Tbh. If Pars are in the Premiership, EEP will be fine. It only seems too big if we are out the top division. 

I can't stand grounds like St Mirren's.  It would be horrible being out by Halbeath halt or some souless bit of land. It's not just the football I enjoy my day out for. I like walking 10 minutes into the Town and having post match beers with the lads. I just don't think swapping  our current 11,000 stadium for 8000 stadium is worth it.

When I've been up recently I've been drinking at the Barley then firing down in a taxi so it wouldn't make as much of a difference for me, can appreciate if you're drinking in the town then it'd be important. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Seeing rumours on social media of a move away from East End Park to a new stadium, any truth or is it just the usual nonsense spouted on Twitter?

Think it's nonsense. Not even sure where a new ground could be built! Plus how would it be funded? EEP is in a good location for housing but would the sale of it be worth enough to fund a new stadium? Doubt it.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Obviously Raith fans only tend to see EEP at Derby's where it is good, but I'd be pretty open to the idea of moving to a smaller ground with safe standing on a couple of sides, it would enhance the match day experience IMO. 

Urgh, get 'safe standing' so far to f**k and get some regular terracing down. 'Safe standing' is an absolute con.

Any time I catch the EFL highlights show I always think many of the lower league groups that are modern with a mix of (normal) terracing and seating look smart and absolutely ideal for us.

Would rather see EEP redeveloped mind, but that's very unlikely.

39 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Nah, it's rank for Premiership games too. It's far too big for most games.

St Mirren's ground is pretty close to Paisley town centre. Not far to walk. They totally missed an opportunity with it though, as it's a dull ground.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Urgh, get 'safe standing' so far to f**k and get some regular terracing down. 'Safe standing' is an absolute con.

As I typed that I knew you'd get a sad on about it, I'm not interested in anyone rabbiting on about terracing being as safe as terracing. It's pointless going against the rules just to satisfy your pedantic needs. 

On the off chance we ever get into Europe we'd be able to use our home stadium, that's far more important. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As I typed that I knew you'd get a sad on about it, I'm not interested in anyone rabbiting on about terracing being as safe as terracing. It's pointless going against the rules just to satisfy your pedantic needs. 

On the off chance we ever get into Europe we'd be able to use our home stadium, that's far more important. 

Ha, I do have some Pavlovian triggers and that's certainly one of them.

I get what you mean but sadly it's very unlikely we'll play in Europe again, especially since the best route of doing so (runner up in the Scottish Cup) has been taken away.

I wouldn't like to have a more expensive and more restrictive standing area based on a very unlikely scenario that might never happen. It isn't pedantry at all. 

I would imagine that by the time we ever made it in to Europe the rules could very well have changed. 

I'd prefer 'safe standing' than all seater though.

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It would be good if, when possible, the club could organise a few Q&As with the German group at East End. Even if it was something before or after a game I think it would be very beneficial.

"Vee vill ask zee kvestions"

Daft idea?

Why not convert the top ten rows or so in the big stands into more hospitality or upgraded seats?
Could reduce the ground by 2000 and would push fans closer to the pitch.

TV studio and or media room could go there as well.

Probably the most cost effective way of upgrading. Would also like safe standing in the old cage area.

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

St Mirren's ground is pretty close to Paisley town centre. Not far to walk. They totally missed an opportunity with it though, as it's a dull ground.

Aye, I wasn't familiar about the location, but it's the horrible design. 

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ha, I do have some Pavlovian triggers and that's certainly one of them.

I get what you mean but sadly it's very unlikely we'll play in Europe again, especially since the best route of doing so (runner up in the Scottish Cup) has been taken away.

I wouldn't like to have a more expensive and more restrictive standing area based on a very unlikely scenario that might never happen. It isn't pedantry at all. 

I would imagine that by the time we ever made it in to Europe the rules could very well have changed. 

I'd prefer 'safe standing' than all seater though

If this project is going to be successful then European football should be within our reach should Scotland’s coefficient stays reasonable,  it’s highly likely 5th would be enough.   It’s a while off being something we’re capable of but the general talk seems to be having an extended run in the premiership should be the aim and if we achieve that then chasing that spot may happen in a good season.

Its not something we’re likely to experience much. But a reasonable possibility long term.

4 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
39 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:
Barley is a superb pub. Always a friendly,  lively atmoshpere in there. 

It's a bear pit and I was the daddy until I moved out of Pitcorthie.

If you were the daddy you would at least be called Rab, Rob just doesn't cut it.

25 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Anyone else think we’ve been thinking about this wrongly by discussing what German players we might bring over,  when we should actually be questioning what German fans we should get over on loan?

We should be discussing what German stadiums we should get on loan.