Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Does anyone know of previous examples of German lower league talent moving to bigger clubs abroad?

Probaby loads,  but not many folk care in Scotland if Thomas Meltzer went on to be a Legia Warsaw legend (made up but could well of happened).

Guest Axle Grease
19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Back up for the right back spot, who could forget Michel Duisburg?!

Meet him at a football tournament in Holland. Sound bloke. 

46 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:
Probaby loads,  but not many folk care in Scotland if Thomas Meltzer went on to be a Legia Warsaw legend (made up but could well of happened).

^^^thomas Meggle imo

Nah just clarfying that the point you're making is shite.

Edited by Chubbychops

36 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

You didn’t know so why comment?

I wasn’t being facetious maybe someone might have some info.

Thread page 1903 you're stating how uncomfortable you are are with the takeover and''what's in it for them'' stuff. Which is fine.

The ''what lower league German player has ever gone on to a bigger club'' stuff then degrades into an  agenda.  You don't need info. It's obvious a population of 80 million has had various lower league footballers move on to better things.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

Thread page 1903 you're stating how uncomfortable you are are with the takeover and''what's in it for them'' stuff. Which is fine.

The ''what lower league German player has ever gone on to a bigger club'' stuff then degrades into an  agenda.  You don't need info. It's obvious a population of 80 million has had various lower league footballers move on to better things.

No agenda I’m looking for the type of player and level we can expect. I can see why you think I’m having a go tbh.

Quick look at the current German squad and Jonas Hector (43 Germany caps) 233 apps for Cologne started off at SV Auersmacher, who are currently playing in the 6th tier of German football. That was quick 2 minute bit of research. Can't be arsed find more examples of the potential talent to be tapped into.

Quick look at the current German squad and Jonas Hector (43 Germany caps) 233 apps for Cologne started off at SV Auersmacher, who are currently playing in the 6th tier of German football. That was quick 2 minute bit of research. Can't be arsed find more examples of the potential talent to be tapped into.
Look at me hector

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
34 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Look at me hector

Hands up that I was a bit snippy btw. I was on the sauce watching the Scotland game and it put me in a shite mood.  

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Seeing rumours on social media of a move away from East End Park to a new stadium, any truth or is it just the usual nonsense spouted on Twitter?

Twitter nonsense. Chairman has already made it clear that the new owners are not interested in the stadium.

42 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Cheers, that’s what I figured always better to stay in the town than some soulless ground in the middle of nowhere.

Obviously Raith fans only tend to see EEP at Derby's where it is good, but I'd be pretty open to the idea of moving to a smaller ground with safe standing on a couple of sides, it would enhance the match day experience IMO. 

Obviously Raith fans only tend to see EEP at Derby's where it is good, but I'd be pretty open to the idea of moving to a smaller ground with safe standing on a couple of sides, it would enhance the match day experience IMO. 

I appreciate what your saying and I guess we both have the same issue of the stadiums being too big which was done with the stupid 10,000 seats rule for the SPL. Ideally I’d like the sides seated and the ends safe standing and a smaller capacity 6-8k maybe but I’d rather stay in the town than out by the A92. I guess it all comes down to cost and selling the land to pay for a new stadium means moving unless you’re lucky enough to have a chairman with deep pockets.

Anyway it’s all pie in the Sky for most Scottish clubs as we’ve not got the money to move or rebuild.