Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Don't think we'll be getting rid of a full squad and replacing them with Fussbal-playing diddies from the 6th tier of Germany tbh. 

Having just listened to your chairman’s interview 6th tier non league German diddies is exactly what you  will be looking at.

Really does reek of Anelka all over again, you have been warned!

11 minutes ago, spot on said:

Having just listened to your chairman’s interview 6th tier non league German diddies is exactly what you  will be looking at.

So you hope anyway. Typical bitter wee team attitute.

I have  never said anywhere that is what I hoped. Quite the opposite actually I wouldn’t even wish all that on you boys, which is saying something,  having seen what happened at Raith and what it did to the club It almost killed us off and we have still  never really recovered fully from it yet.
I just think when it’s sounds too good to be true it normally is. Can’t believe that your board are considering selling more or less lock stock and barrel  including the ground. 

your chairman appears very excited about it and speaks well of a German football and how great everything about Germany is. This doesn’t mean though just because the new guys are German that they will all bring the best of Germany with them. Other than one of them having a connection with running St Pauli what have they done in German football that makes them so great? One was a tennis player ffs.

Seriously all that is being said now and all the same promises were spouted previously by Anelka, the players, the investment, the contacts, the future etc etc, etc 

You have to ask the question why would a team of Germans with no connection to the club or country  invest / sorry donate  large sums of money,  during a world wide pandemic, which they will get no return on as no one  out with Celtic make money, in Scottish football. 

Good luck though but you better pray this is all genuine as if not....

46 minutes ago, spot on said:

I remember when folk used to put a bit of effort in to trolling.

You're lazy man. Up your game.

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The investors have said they view the championship as between the regional leagues and the 3rd league in Germany.

Team Location Stadium Capacity
Dynamo Dresden Dresden Rudolf-Harbig-Stadion 32,066
MSV Duisburg Duisburg Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena 31,500
Hallescher FC Halle Erdgas Sportpark 15,057
FC Ingolstadt Ingolstadt Audi Sportpark 15,000
1. FC Kaiserslautern Kaiserslautern Fritz-Walter-Stadion 49,780
Viktoria Köln Cologne Sportpark Höhenberg 10,001
VfB Lübeck Lübeck Stadion Lohmühle 17,849
1. FC Magdeburg Magdeburg MDCC-Arena 27,500
Waldhof Mannheim Mannheim Carl-Benz-Stadion 25,667
SV Meppen Meppen Hänsch-Arena 16,500
1860 Munich Munich Grünwalder Stadion 15,000
Bayern Munich II Munich Grünwalder Stadion 15,000
Türkgücü München Munich Olympiastadion
Grünwalder Stadion
Hansa Rostock Rostock Ostseestadion 29,000
1. FC Saarbrücken Saarbrücken Ludwigsparkstadion 16,003
KFC Uerdingen Düsseldorf Merkur Spiel-Arena 54,600
SpVgg Unterhaching Unterhaching Sportpark Unterhaching 15,053
SC Verl Paderborn Benteler-Arena 15,000
Wehen Wiesbaden Wiesbaden BRITA-Arena 12,250
FSV Zwickau Z

That's next years league 3 in Germany. Some very big clubs in there.

2 hours ago, spot on said:

Lol wot? He mentions that the jump between the regional leagues, and tier 3 is a big one so you have allot of players in limbo. It'd be those ones too good for the regionals, but not getting picked up by the bigger sides we'd hope to exploit. 

Considering your summer business has seen you go through the 6th tier of English football... 

Lol wot? He mentions that the jump between the regional leagues, and tier 3 is a big one so you have allot of players in limbo. It'd be those ones too good for the regionals, but not getting picked up by the bigger sides we'd hope to exploit. 
Considering your summer business has seen you go through the 6th tier of English football... 
With that potential calibre of player, you'd be absolutely laughing. Whether or not they could adapt to the scottish game is another matter but technically they're miles ahead of our standard.

This has the potential to go very wrong. Outside investment from people who know nothing about your club, the league etc and they are willing to put money in but they will expect to get money back. One of 2 things will happen, they will use your club to bring over players and put them in the shop window, DAFC will not receive any transfer but your German investors will or EEP will be sold for development. Be very careful big promises which may never come to fruition look at Dundee apparently on the brink again and still playing at Dens.

This has the potential to go very wrong. Outside investment from people who know nothing about your club, the league etc and they are willing to put money in but they will expect to get money back. One of 2 things will happen, they will use your club to bring over players and put them in the shop window, DAFC will not receive any transfer but your German investors will or EEP will be sold for development. Be very careful big promises which may never come to fruition look at Dundee apparently on the brink again and still playing at Dens.

I don't get the EEP getting sold for development argument at all. You've got a graveyard to the north, a car garage to the west, one of dunfermlines busiest roads to the south and a mini retail park to the east. You wouldn't be able to build particularly much on it and theres no shortage of land which is constantly having new developments being built on to the east of the town anyway.

Not seeing it has been stated that all the current players will be emptied and lower league German players will replace them. Can someone post a quote?

Also not seeing where the future signing policy will be lower league German players. Can someone post a quote?

Not seeing it has been stated that all the current players will be emptied and lower league German players will replace them. Can someone post a quote?

Also not seeing where the future signing policy will be lower league German players. Can someone post a quote?

I’m not saying it will happen but it’s not an outlandish suggestion to make that some of your new sporting directors contacts will result in a few players from German football coming in. It’s a big risk imo.

However...

If this happened with Ayr I’d definitely be excited to see just how it played out and at least it’s a break from the norm. If they get it right it’s obviously very possible you boys will be in the Premiership within a few seasons.

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not saying it will happen but it’s not an outlandish suggestion to make that some of your new sporting directors contacts will result in a few players from German football coming in. It’s a big risk imo.

However...

If this happened with Ayr I’d definitely be excited to see just how it played out and at least it’s a break from the norm. If they get it right it’s obviously very possible you boys will be in the Premiership within a few seasons.

Have you read the Q&A?

Last player I remember coming to Scottish football from the German lower leagues was some diddy Dundee striker (Tankulic?) @Ludo*1

I'd be wary of expecting that level to be a great hunting zone. Theres a massive floor/ceiling in terms of quality (hope that makes sense), so if you're not getting the better players, you'll be getting complete dross.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Hate to be a pedant but we’ve just signed the core of a team on long contracts that have between them experience of winning this league, a recent Scotland international, players familiar with doing well at East End both for and against us, others that we can hopefully sell on. Plus we have players out there on sell-on clauses. With Ryan Dow and Dom Thomas we’ve got arguably a couple of the best players in the league. 

It’s hard to see, in the short term, having new backers effectively sticking a huge wedge of cash in to ensure the club runs okay whilst talking about helping to secure permanent training facilities in the medium term gives much fuel for schadenfreude. 

Of course there’s no guarantee it will all be rosy but compared to the basket cases that have bought in to Scottish clubs before this lot seem positively Germanic in their efficiency, diligence and sensible approach.

I can't fucking wait to see Dow and Thomas line up for us this season. Two absolute ballers, although I think they both play best on the right. Let's just sacrifice playing a left sided midfielder and play them both on the right. 

Would still be nice to see another option coming in, possibly on loan, for the wide midfield positions. Turner and McCann simply do not cut it out there. Would Josh Edwards be considered a back up on the left??