Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Garmony I believe. 
I agree with the assessment of AJ's contract and a 2 year deal being given was a big risk. But he was absolutely the right man for the job initially we can all agree? 
I'm happy with the Crawford appointment on the whole (subject to change at any time).
Nope.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
Garmony I believe. 
I agree with the assessment of AJ's contract and a 2 year deal being given was a big risk. But he was absolutely the right man for the job initially we can all agree? 
I'm happy with the Crawford appointment on the whole (subject to change at any time).

Nope.

Nope what? It wasn't Garmony that appointed Potter? Then it must have been under the old regime? 

Guest Axle Grease
2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Have to say that I disagree with the narrative being spun that as a fan owned club that we've reached a glass ceiling as to where we're at. Numerous incorrect decisions over the years have led us to staying in the league for what will be a 5th season. It's very achievable to gain promotion with the resources we've had available.

I also think it was achievable but it didn't happen. So plan B it is. 

The point is there is now no appetite from the current Board to keep propping the club up with their own money. Most recently totalling £300k. So you understand why they've sought additional investment. 

Nope what? It wasn't Garmony that appointed Potter? Then it must have been under the old regime? 
was on response to AJ being right man for the job at the time. any manager who jacks his job in due to robbie fuckin muirhead being sold behind his back is one for a watching. He should have been doing laps of rugby park swinging his top aff.

I'm just being wide. He did a decent job at first, by all means.

I never thought we would get Johnston. Thought it was an unreal appointment at the time. Time has obviously shown he is useless at any level that doesn't involve sandcastles, buckets and spades. 

53 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Don't think we'll be getting rid of a full squad and replacing them with Fussbal-playing diddies from the 6th tier of Germany tbh. 

No🤔. It’s all in their name already😉

Edited by spot on
Update

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Good to see all this hysteria and excitement going about, not seen anything like it since Anelka arrived at Starks Park🙄

Best not to use words when you don't know the meaning of them.

1 minute ago, spot on said:

No 🤔

What has led you to 'believe' otherwise?

13 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

was on response to AJ being right man for the job at the time. any manager who jacks his job in due to robbie fuckin muirhead being sold behind his back is one for a watching. He should have been doing laps of rugby park swinging his top aff.

I'm just being wide. He did a decent job at first, by all means.

Robbie Muirhead 😅

What a fucking jobber. I was actually pleased with his signing.

If he scores against us this coming season then every single person at the club should be fired, right down the program sellers, and the Germans should be fully refunded with using the sale of the stadium and any other possible asset.

East End should then be bulldozed and the earth salted.

Just listened to the interview with Ross. As always, comes across passionately, as transparent as possible and intelligently. Probably mentioned it before but was lucky enough to get the opportunity to talk to him a few years ago one to one about the whole administration saga and knew then this was a man who has all the experience necessary to steer us in the right direction. I'm hoping he stays on, at least in some capacity? Maybe as some kind of supervisory board member? 

On another note, didn't know we had a sell on clause for Jackson Longridge. 559026.jpg?b64lines=Tm93IEphY2tzb24sIHlvdSBiZXR0ZXIgZ2V0CnJlYWwgZ29vZCByZWFsIGZhc3Qgb3IgUE9XIQ==

Ross McArthur was practically giddy in that interview. Even though he said there's not to be dramatic changes to player wages or anything like that he did confirm that this investment did allow the flurry of 2 year deals and O'Hara's 3 year deal early in the summer.

I'm not sure I agree that the club hit the ceiling for the fan owned model on the pitch, possibly in the background developing and maintaining revenue streams that we're not privy to.

45 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Ross McArthur was practically giddy in that interview. Even though he said there's not to be dramatic changes to player wages or anything like that he did confirm that this investment did allow the flurry of 2 year deals and O'Hara's 3 year deal early in the summer.

I'm not sure I agree that the club hit the ceiling for the fan owned model on the pitch, possibly in the background developing and maintaining revenue streams that we're not privy to.

I took the ceiling comments to mean that the club can't invest in things like training facilities and a youth academy, as well as only being able to offer 1 or 2 years deals. 

Also I think the model is severely tested when a manager needs the boot. Folk can talk pish about managerial appointments all they want but the facts show that the majority will have to be punted at some point, even if they were successful before. It's rare to be able to come to the end of a manager's contract and be able to not renew. Fan pressure dictates that more than anything. Folk can say we were in that position with Johnston, but fan pressure was for him staying on. Think back at our managers over the last 30 years. 

Reserves for such a thing probably should he part of any funding model but then there would most likely be some folk demanding the use of those funds for players. 

I don't think the ceiling of the model means we can never gain promotion. I think the implication is that doing so is more difficult. 

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I took the ceiling comments to mean that the club can't invest in things like training facilities and a youth academy, as well as only being able to offer 1 or 2 years deals. 

Also I think the model is severely tested when a manager needs the boot. Folk can talk pish about managerial appointments all they want but the facts show that the majority will have to be punted at some point, even if they were successful before. It's rare to be able to come to the end of a manager's contract and be able to not renew. Fan pressure dictates that more than anything. Folk can say we were in that position with Johnston, but fan pressure was for him staying on. Think back at our managers over the last 30 years. 

Reserves for such a thing probably should he part of any funding model but then there would most likely be some folk demanding the use of those funds for players. 

I don't think the ceiling of the model means we can never gain promotion. I think the implication is that doing so is more difficult. 

Pretty much everything is more difficult with a fan owned model. That's a fact. Good and bad. The biggest advantage of a fan owned model, and Dunfermline had a really good one that probably worked as well as anyone has (not sure about Motherwell, I don't count Hearts as 'fan owned' in reality no matter what they claim), is that it's generally far less likely that one complete shyster a la Massone, Mileson, Ron Dixon, Hugh Scott, etc takes control of a club and runs it into the ground. The biggest disadvantage is probably the inability to source decent outside investment with people regularly running things who have no great personal wealth to stand personal guarantors or insert funds themselves, then when you get a long spell of inclement weather or a global pandemic you have a real problem meeting ongoing commitments (make no mistake if the Govt had not stepped in to cover wages for about 6 months, most of the clubs in Scotland would probably have gone under).

Depending on how they run it can be difficult to get a consensus on anything and it usually degenerates into some form of infighting.

A club of Dunfermline's size could, and possibly should, be capable of making the top 12 with a working form of fan ownership (which they clearly had) but it's more difficult to take the sort of risk decision that might sometimes be needed.

35 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Wee bit more salt in the wound to the lads who never got furlough extended.

I would agree but with the caveat that any potential 'penalty' down the road wouldn't automatically be covered by new investment. It could have been right enough. I don't know either way.

Would still have liked to have seen the guys get furlough extended though and feel that new investment should have budgeted for any potential penalty (assuming it wouldn't be a silly one).