Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

I am enjoying the pant wetters on .net who are convinced these guys want to knock down the stadium and build houses. 

Now this could all go very badly wrong but I doubt their cunning plan is to build loads of Häuser

I Googled DAFC Fussball gmbH.

Low and behold Jambos Kickback pops up. Couldn't help but look. Apparently ourselves and Rovers are screwed due to their imaginary boycott. We are losing 100k from the two home games against them etc. Admin 2 was a matter of time etc. Their bitterness goes beyond normal behaviour, some real weird stuff on that site.

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It's not quite some dodgy taxi bloke from Sunderland I'll give you that. 

Falkirk fans would've been absolutely delighted if this had happened to them.

Falkirk fans are currently delighted that Alan Gow seems to be taking control of their club...

Who is this investment banker that is part of the group? Is he some kind of friend of Masterton in the banking circle? I seriously hope not. 

I honestly still cannot figure out what they expect to get out of this, it's not like we've got the potential to fill the stadium every single week despite what anyone thinks. That Leishman era had everything going for it, that simply won't happen nowadays. 

Thinking about this a bit more, I feel that we're being taken on as some kind of venture to be branded heavily, then sold as the club's value reaches a certain level. 

I think the fans need to have the opportunity to question the new investors because despite all the excitement, there are questions that still need answering. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Who is this investment banker that is part of the group? Is he some kind of friend of Masterton in the banking circle? I seriously hope not. 

I honestly still cannot figure out what they expect to get out of this, it's not like we've got the potential to fill the stadium every single week despite what anyone thinks. That Leishman era had everything going for it, that simply won't happen nowadays. 

Thinking about this a bit more, I feel that we're being taken on as some kind of venture to be branded heavily, then sold as the club's value reaches a certain level. 

I think the fans need to have the opportunity to question the new investors because despite all the excitement, there are questions that still need answering

Take the bit in bold first, we are trying to organise this, unfortunately it won't be until we can get people in doors.

Nick Teller is the honourary head of the United Kingdom's Consulate in Hamburg, certainly means he's less shifty than Masterton.

I expect them to use this as a spring board for talent into the English market and also a way to get easier exposure in Europe. It's unlikely that St Pauli will ever play in Europe but for us we "only" have to finish 4th in the top flight, I would hope with their investment that's a considerable possibility.

If they do wish to sell the supporters have first dibs.

The amount of outright bampots that have bought Scottish clubs naturally creates a bit of caution but it’s a far cheaper entry point into investing in a club that plays at a decent level than they’d get in England for example. Plus we’re a club that has already been well-run so they’re not buying into a basket case of a club.

Like the rest of our signings, they probably just spoke to The Craw and swooned.

Take the bit in bold first, we are trying to organise this, unfortunately it won't be until we can get people in doors.
Nick Teller is the honourary head of the United Kingdom's Consulate in Hamburg, certainly means he's less shifty than Masterton.
I expect them to use this as a spring board for talent into the English market and also a way to get easier exposure in Europe. It's unlikely that St Pauli will ever play in Europe but for us we "only" have to finish 4th in the top flight, I would hope with their investment that's a considerable possibility.
If they do wish to sell the supporters have first dibs.
Fair response, can't argue with it.

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Fraser Murray on a loan deal should be announced tomorrow or Thursday.

Would directly contradict this - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1548586/dunfermline-athletic-stevie-crawford-transfer-news/ - but then again this deal has been in the pipeline for a while, they've just signed a player in the same position too.

I think it reflects a realisation by the board that we couldnt muster the financial muscle to mount a serious challenge for the Premiership and  sustain a Premier league position once there. I have some reservations but they are emotional ones ,  perhaps in 5-7 years  time when we are back in the top flight  and progressing in Europe beyond the first qualifying round we will look back on this moment and agree that was the turning point.- it will hopefully be a "Jock Stein"  decision.    

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:
Falkirk fans are currently delighted that Alan Gow seems to be taking control of their club...

Which ones? I see quite a bit of cautiousness on the subject.

RandomGuy talking absolute nonsense once again. After last year I don’t think anyone is anything other than cautious. He’s possibly just looking for attention as his club keep patching his Messi wyscout reviews.

On the topic, this on paper looks the real deal and it’s hard not to feel envious of Dunfermline. See yous all at Oktoberfest: Abbeyview 2021 boys.x

Edited by wee_bairn

I think the status quo could lead to the club going stale and a dwindling fan base whilst coasting in the Championship mid table. Sounds like Ross and the board felt this was the only way to inject a bit of life back in the club and help us achieve our Premiership ambitions. 

If the Germans take us from this point to being a KIllie or Motherwell, the value of the club would be much greater than it is now. It might not be soley money orientated, maybe it's lifetime ambition to own a football club. I'm sure they are aware that there are more lucrative investments than a Scottish football club.

Edited by Chubbychops

3 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Interesting comment fro Ross McArthur about creating their own youth set up given they are part of Fife Elite.

Spoke to someone their last night and they have no communication from Dunfermline about this.

looks like yet another academy could be folding.

I think other than SFA funding we are the only club putting any kind of cash in.

If the SFA funding dries up them the academy will have to close, unless Raith, East Fife and Cowdenbeath put their hands in their pockets. It seems sensible to me to plan for FEFA coming to an end.

2 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Interesting comment fro Ross McArthur about creating their own youth set up given they are part of Fife Elite.

Spoke to someone their last night and they have no communication from Dunfermline about this.

looks like yet another academy could be folding.

Might not be that they want to walk away from Fife Elite completely but need to do more to promote and coach youth players at the club. At the minute (and for some time) we seem to have a real problem getting younger players to develop into consistent first team players and then kicking on. A lot of young players come in and seem to do well, show a bit of promise but then fade away again. If their model is to recruit youth players at the right stage, develop and train and then sell on to bigger clubs then that part of the club needs some serious work..

Again, time will tell but the comment that they are not throwing money in for a short term fix and are pretty open about how they see the club working is to me a good sign.

The board also being open in saying that the current model has probably hit it's ceiling is interesting as well as most clubs would like to be community owned, but how many would be satisfied with their ability to move on being so restricted. We just don't have the size of supporter base that would allow this to work in a way that would support ongoing growth.