Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Bit of gossip from today. Been told Fraser Murray loan deal is a goer and he will sign next week. Not a huge surprise, but will be a really good option covering wings and competing with Turner for the attacking central midfield role.

56 minutes ago, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

Always respected the Pars (used to work on the ticket office) but my god your team is pish this year isn’t it 😂

That's just lazy man.

At least put a little effort in to it.

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Bit of gossip from today. Been told Fraser Murray loan deal is a goer and he will sign next week. Not a huge surprise, but will be a really good option covering wings and competing with Turner for the attacking central midfield role.

There has been a tendency that most of the heavily rumoured players do end up signing recently so definitely wouldn’t be surprised. I’d still like an outright winger to come in,  we’ve got enough players that can play wide if they have too,  but only Dow and Thomas for who it’s a natural position,  Murray doesn’t completely fix that, even if he has played their before.

Guest Axle Grease
On 14/08/2020 at 23:36, DA Baracus said:

The stuff about him being groomed for the (dead) Rangers manager role definitely has some validity.

Without doubt. Calderwood spoke openly about on Off the Ball few year back. 

On 14/08/2020 at 23:08, DA Baracus said:

Watching the Going Up videos.

We had crowds back then that we'd absolutely kill for.

Some team we had too, which makes it crazy we finished second. We were the Dundee United to St Mirren's Pars in the Champions video that season. For the money spunked second place was a total minter, and we probably got a bit lucky the playoffs got canned (think we would have had no issue with Falkirk but unsure how we would have got on against Aberdeen).

Some great players in that Pars team. Forgot how quick Petrie was on the ball. An absolute king. I sometimes see him in Dundee and go weak at the knees every time.

Crawford was an absolute baller and it was genuinely surprising back then and still is how we signed him permanently after that season. It had to have been money. He rips the pish on many occasions in the video.

Bullen was great from the start and never let us down. Absolutely great player and guy. Hope he comes back to the club some day. 

Nipper was such a good player for us. Apart from keeper, he genuinely played in every single position for us over his time at the club. He's also a really nice guy. 

Ferguson was a great player for us but never liked him. He talks about the Rangers dressing room in the video and his final game for us saw him run around with a Union Jack. He can f**k off, the unionist c**t.

Toddy of course needs no introduction. A fucking god of man. 

Potter was class and scored a beauty at Airdrie.

The quality in the league that season was good. Some excellent players around. 

Good shout about Nipper. Brilliant player in whatever position. I remember Dafc.net had quite an anti-Crawford clique and when they revealed the reason behind it it was quite tragic/amusing. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Good shout about Nipper. Brilliant player in whatever position. I remember Dafc.net had quite an anti-Crawford clique and when they revealed the reason behind it it was quite tragic/amusing. 

What was the reason?

Some folk seemed to hate it when he scored and said he was nothing without Brewster. Very bizarre and bitter stuff. He was one of our best ever players.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What was the reason?

Some folk seemed to hate it when he scored and said he was nothing without Brewster. Very bizarre and bitter stuff. He was one of our best ever players.

They may even post on here now?

A few Pars lads on a night out, following the team on preseason to Holland. They saw Crawford in a bar and it sounds like he blanked them or wasn’t up for joining in with their boozed up songs etc. After that he was a billy big baws, aloof, a Rangers fan...

In my 35 years watching Pars Craw would be in the very top bracket of players who had something truly special.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

They may even post on here now?

A few Pars lads on a night out, following the team on preseason to Holland. They saw Crawford in a bar and it sounds like he blanked them or wasn’t up for joining in with their boozed up songs etc. After that he was a billy big baws, aloof, a Rangers fan...

In my 35 years watching Pars Craw would be in the very top bracket of players who had something truly special.

Dear me. I can imagine some drunken fannies slobbering shite and Crawford wanting to give them a swerve and then the entitlement from them kicks in. Has happened so often to so many players.

He was brilliant for us. Mental that there were folk who thought otherwise.

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Did David Murray not present some kind of ornament to Masterton pre match once as a "gesture of friendship" between the two clubs? I swear something like that happened.

Certainly they were close for a time. 

Guest Axle Grease
22 hours ago, Cauliflower-HMFC said:

Always respected the Pars (used to work on the ticket office) but my god your team is pish this year isn’t it 😂

Not as pish as your patter. Crawl back into your bin ffs

Plenty of Tories in here were happy to see players released rather than furloughed

Absolutely. Plenty fellow Pars fans have a lot more in common with her views than they’d probably care to admit.

Heres a query that has probably been answered somewhere. 

On the footage of the semi final replay at Pittodrie against Inverness, right after the final whistle, Crawford can be seen getting in a heated argument with, I think, Lee Bullen.

What was that all about? 

51 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Heres a query that has probably been answered somewhere. 

On the footage of the semi final replay at Pittodrie against Inverness, right after the final whistle, Crawford can be seen getting in a heated argument with, I think, Lee Bullen.

What was that all about? 

Heard Crawford blanked him on a night out and Bullen was fuming.