Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Have we got enough firepower? Could Declan do a Shankland/Nesbit? 

Doubt it.

Those are two exceptional players at Championship level, doesn't serve us to compare them. 

I always liked Declan though and keen to see O' Hara kick on at a bigger club. The futures bright....before a baw has been kicked that is, could go royally tits up. 

On 15/07/2017 at 19:24, Grant228 said:

How's Fraser Murray doing for game time? He looked absolutely outstanding against us in pre season, last time I remember being that impressed with a player in Pre-season was when Andrew Roberston played one of his first games for United against us, not saying he'll reach those levels but I was very impressed with him.

With all that in mind hopefully Lennon doesn't judge him ready yet and sends him over to Fife on loan, cheers.

Was the same game as Pennant? Played for Hibs. 

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far for the sponsorship. Matt is holding onto O'Haras training kit for a bit hopefully we can make the £100 mark. 

Let me know if you want the moneypool link.

Cheers

12 hours ago, 101 said:

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far for the sponsorship. Matt is holding onto O'Haras training kit for a bit hopefully we can make the £100 mark. 

Cheers

Sorry. Forgot about that but done now. 

The last striker we had called Kevin was v decent so makes sense to sign another Kevin.

You can't post such things before the watershed.

Joe's looking a wee bit older (still handsome as f**k though) but has Josh actually gotten younger?!

Edited by DA Baracus

Watching the Going Up videos.

We had crowds back then that we'd absolutely kill for.

Some team we had too, which makes it crazy we finished second. We were the Dundee United to St Mirren's Pars in the Champions video that season. For the money spunked second place was a total minter, and we probably got a bit lucky the playoffs got canned (think we would have had no issue with Falkirk but unsure how we would have got on against Aberdeen).

Some great players in that Pars team. Forgot how quick Petrie was on the ball. An absolute king. I sometimes see him in Dundee and go weak at the knees every time.

Crawford was an absolute baller and it was genuinely surprising back then and still is how we signed him permanently after that season. It had to have been money. He rips the pish on many occasions in the video.

Bullen was great from the start and never let us down. Absolutely great player and guy. Hope he comes back to the club some day. 

Nipper was such a good player for us. Apart from keeper, he genuinely played in every single position for us over his time at the club. He's also a really nice guy. 

Ferguson was a great player for us but never liked him. He talks about the Rangers dressing room in the video and his final game for us saw him run around with a Union Jack. He can f**k off, the unionist c**t.

Toddy of course needs no introduction. A fucking god of man. 

Potter was class and scored a beauty at Airdrie.

The quality in the league that season was good. Some excellent players around. 

Edited by DA Baracus

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Watching the Going Up videos.

We had crowds back then that we'd absolutely kill for.

Some team we had too, which makes it crazy we finished second. We were the Dundee United to St Mirren's Pars in the Champions video that season. For the money spunked second place was a total minter, and we probably got a bit lucky the playoffs got canned (think we would have had no issue with Falkirk but unsure how we would have got on against Aberdeen).

Some great players in that Pars team. Forgot how quick Petrie was on the ball. An absolute king. I sometimes see him in Dundee and go weak at the knees every time.

Crawford was an absolute baller and it was genuinely surprising back then and still is how we signed him permanently after that season. It had to have been money. He rips the pish on many occasions in the video.

Bullen was great from the start and never let us down. Absolutely great player and guy. Hope he comes back to the club some day. 

Nipper was such a good player for us. Apart from keeper, he genuinely played in every single position for us over his time at the club. He's also a really nice guy. 

Ferguson was a great player for us but never liked him. He talks about the Rangers dressing room in the video and his final game for us saw him run around with a Union Jack. He can f**k off, the unionist c**t.

Toddy of course needs no introduction. A fucking god of man. 

Potter was class and scored a beauty at Airdrie.

The quality in the league that season was good. Some excellent players around. 

Begs the question, how much did Calderwood f**k it by not winning the league that year? Would we have been better sticking with Nichol etc. 

Of course the next season we would rather comfortably stay up, while St Mirren would go straight back down, I'm sure if offered everyone would've taken going up, providing we stayed up rather than a championship, then relegation. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Begs the question, how much did Calderwood f**k it by not winning the league that year? Would we have been better sticking with Nichol etc. 

Of course the next season we would rather comfortably stay up, while St Mirren would go straight back down, I'm sure if offered everyone would've taken going up, providing we stayed up rather than a championship, then relegation. 

Aye, was a bit odd Nicholl never got the job. He had the credentials and experience and won most of the games he was in charge of.

Calderwood was a great appointment but he was the third highest paid manager in Scotland when he took over. Crazy stuff. The stuff about him being groomed for the (dead) Rangers manager role definitely has some validity.

It's a weird season all round, the squad was there, Calderwood was a good manager, who obviously with great resources done reasonably well in Scotland. 

Despite everything being in place, it didn't happen how you would've predicted. 

Jimmy Nicholl won all his games in charge, 4 or 5 of them.

Smith going to Killie was all about him being unhappy at the reduced playing time he was getting, I'm sure. Was gutted to see him leave, a very underrated player with the ball at his feet, as tremendous as he was in the air.

They've got an absolute cheek talking about obstacles the club had to overcome to reach promotion that season, especially only a few years after 96. An absolute fucking cheek.

On 12/08/2020 at 20:23, 101 said:

Cheers

Thanks to everyone who has chipped in that's us up to £70 so last wee push for £30. If you're interested and I've not sent on the detials drop me a line and I'll pass then on.

Thanks again.