Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Totally disagree. He had a couple of high profile incidents where he let the ball bounce but to suggest he did it at least twice in every single game is nonsense.

I think overall he was decent for us. Had a shite spell or two. Wouldn't have minded had he stayed but it does look like Watson is an upgrade.
Didn't realised I'd quoted you tbf.

Ashcroft is a strange one. Pair him with a decent partner and he’ll do well. But he only seems to be able to play as well as his partner. His lack of pace means he gets caught out against mobile players and he has been caught out a few times for bizarrely ducking out of the way of a high ball and letting an attacker in behind.

Overall, he’s a decent defender at this level. I’d rather have Watson though and wasn’t too fussed when Ashcroft left. Glad to see him sorted with a new club.

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ok. Never claimed he was going to St Johnstone.

Totally disagree. He had a couple of high profile incidents where he let the ball bounce but to suggest he did it at least twice in every single game is nonsense.

I think overall he was decent for us. Had a shite spell or two. Wouldn't have minded had he stayed but it does look like Watson is an upgrade.

Its not he clearly did.

Just to clarify I was being ever so slightly hyperbolic to show that Ashcroft does indeed allow a high percentage of dangerous balls bounce as has been conveyed by many other posters. I didn't realise an SQA invigilator would be on my case for not posting his exact headers to bounce balls stats. Will be sure to upload a Venn diagram with these results later.

Edited by All-Star-Par

I'd say on average he would let the ball bounce when he shouldn't have about twice a game. Didnt always lead to a goal or even an opposition player getting the ball but it most certainly happened a lot.

It's not even a question of bravery, more decision making.

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I'd say on average he would let the ball bounce when he shouldn't have about twice a game. Didnt always lead to a goal or even an opposition player getting the ball but it most certainly happened a lot.

It's not even a question of bravery, more decision making.

Gonna need you to show your method of working that out for the full mark. 

He's decent at this level, but turned a contract offer down so he moves on. He can & has easily been adequately replaced. I know every fan says this when a player moves to another club, but I'm really not arsed he's away. Good luck to him tho.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Miller Fenton meeting his hero yesterday. He actually looks a hell of a lot bigger than I thought he was going to be.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20200724-105530.thumb.jpg.f9e98d54ca4873d2e1b3bed225a9f938.jpg

The Joe Cardle academy should churn out some exciting players. "This morning boys and girls I'm going to show you how to cut in from the left and melt the ball into the top corner. This afternoon we will learn how to deck your opponents and even your team mates when required". 

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The Joe Cardle academy should churn out some exciting players. "This morning boys and girls I'm going to show you how to cut in from the left and melt the ball into the top corner. This afternoon we will learn how to deck your opponents and even your team mates when required". 

has big ben come on board with the training scheme I didn't know that?

I see Nat has been recruited for holding the ball in the corner training.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

has big ben come on board with the training scheme I didn't know that?

I see Nat has been recruited for holding the ball in the corner training.

Joe had an altercation with a team mate at Airdrie before joining us. Good move bringing Nat on board. Next will be Andy Stirling, to show players how to have lovely teeth and a great torso. Joe could soon churn out the perfect Frankenstein's monster of a footballer.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Joe had an altercation with a team mate at Airdrie before joining us. Good move bringing Nat on board. Next will be Andy Stirling, to show players how to have lovely teeth and a great torso. Joe could soon churn out the perfect Frankenstein's monster of a footballer.

Stirling had good hair an'aw. Could be on to something only releasing bits of players that are no good and chopping off and keeping the good bits.