Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I think we'll sign two, a keeper and a centre mid, and then get a further two loans. I'd say we need two wingers, a Frank Ross/Mcdonald scenario. 

After we sign another centre mid we'd had Todd and Allan as back up, IMO Todd absolutely has the potential and I really like him, at the period towards the end of the season before last he was playing reasonably well, he had a bad injury last season and came in later, with a full pre season hopefully he'd realise his potential. We're undoubtedly going to have a smaller squad so we'll need to use our better youth players as squad players. 

I'd agree with this, defensively we are fine, forward wise unless one of McCann/McGill goes somewhere, we don't need another forward.  Perhaps even one winger on loan would do it given that Thomas and Dow (hopefully) start most games, might be tricky to attract two decent loan options on the wing if their playing time is likely to be limited. 

While Thomas and Dow will start most games, what happens when one of them is having an off game, or one is injured? We have literally no cover out wide, none of this nonsense about Turner being able to play there. We need at least one wide midfielder, after a goalkeeper it's our most needed position. 

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

While Thomas and Dow will start most games, what happens when one of them is having an off game, or one is injured? We have literally no cover out wide, none of this nonsense about Turner being able to play there. We need at least one wide midfielder, after a goalkeeper it's our most needed position. 

I think most of the cover positions will be loan deals which won’t be happening until the Premiership has been up and running and squads are sorted out.

I like Turner but he didn’t make the impact I expected last season. Really wanted to see him nail down his place and dominate games but it was a firmly 6/10 campaign.

Not sure where McManus and O’Hara signing up leaves McCann and McGill. Perhaps one of them will be shifted out wide?

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think most of the cover positions will be loan deals which won’t be happening until the Premiership has been up and running and squads are sorted out.

I like Turner but he didn’t make the impact I expected last season. Really wanted to see him nail down his place and dominate games but it was a firmly 6/10 campaign.

Not sure where McManus and O’Hara signing up leaves McCann and McGill. Perhaps one of them will be shifted out wide?

It leaves them as reserve/back up striker I'd imagine, our preferred starting 11 won't play every single minute of the season, McCann and McGill will get their chance. 

Craw likes a loan wide player and they're usually decent. 

39 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It leaves them as reserve/back up striker I'd imagine, our preferred starting 11 won't play every single minute of the season, McCann and McGill will get their chance. 

Craw likes a loan wide player and they're usually decent. 

There will be even fewer chances in a reduced season though, where McCann especially should be looking to play every week.

I know a few clubs tried to get him on loan but Pars didn’t want to let him go out so he must be well regarded.

Edit - For every Dom Thomas and Greg Kiltie, there’s a Dylan Duncan and Josh Coley.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

There will be even fewer chances in a reduced season though, where McCann especially should be looking to play every week.

I know a few clubs tried to get him on loan but Pars didn’t want to let him go out so he must be well regarded.

I like McCann, I'm loathe to play him out wide, can't be good for him. If we had a big enough squad where we could loan him out to a league 1/2 side to play upfront consistently for his development that'd be swell and brilliant for his development, however that would leave us very light upfront. 

It's a tough decision. 

I'd rather ship out McGill if possible. McCann is handy up front. 

Possibly get Ethan Ross back on loan from Aberdeen? Didn't see much of him but was alright and surely a good option as a back up loanee? 

We're also supposedly interested in Iain Wilson, I'd love that as a signing. Remember being at a game at Palmerston where he absolutely dominated our midfield, big, strong powerful centre mid. 

Crawford had McCann out wide a few times but agree that he isn't suited to it.

Edwards can play on the wing, so I suppose that's an option.

Would agree on the Ethan Ross shout. Guy can play in the middle and out wide.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Edit - For every Dom Thomas and Greg Kiltie, there’s a Dylan Duncan and Josh Coley.

The moral of the story is don't sign young duds from the English league. 

The extreme example of that strategy  is still floundering about the league below. Shame. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Man, I’d forgotten Josh Edwards existed. Now I’m getting flashbacks of the Alloa game at EEP where he melted his career.

I though he was doing okay until that game hopefully he can put that behind him and prove himself next year

I have a relative that supports Airdrie and didn’t see anything in him to suggest he could make the step-up.

New signing to be announced soon according to Twitter. Goalkeeper or Blair Alston IMO.

Never heard of him. Can’t remember him playing against us for QoS. Killie and QoS fans, over to you...

He's a really good signing based on what I seen against us in a game for QoTS the season before last, powerful runner from midfield. 

Can't remember him playing against us but gets a good write up and seems to be someone who won't be bullied off the ball. 

Jamie MacDonald signs for the Wee Team. He’d have been my first choice out of realistic targets, but Fôn-Williams will do.

Wilson is a good player - he was unfortunate at Killie in that he was trying to break into what has consistently been one of the best midfields in the country over the last three seasons, and therefore didn't get the chance to play much. I think most of our fans would have liked to keep him, but he wants to play regular football and he was never going to get that with Dicker, Power and El Makrini all still under contract.

He can be a bit slow and lumbering but he's good on the ball and very strong physically. Think about a slightly more mobile and more talented Nat Wedderburn and you're probably not far off.

Edited by craigkillie