Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Again, why do you want a bloated squad? What purpose does that serve? It's a huge waste of money and I'll be pretty annoyed if that happens.

Don’t see it as bloated, we need quality to bring off the bench. Of course all of this is dependant on cash flow.

Keeper will defiantly happen as will another midfielder of some position. Then two loan deals. This could happen any time until the loan deal system stops. I think you will be annoyed tbh.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Don’t see it as bloated, we need quality to bring off the bench. Of course all of this is dependant on cash flow.

Keeper will defiantly happen as will another midfielder of some position. Then two loan deals. This could happen any time until the loan deal system stops. I think you will be annoyed tbh.

So the younger players will be getting paid to do nothing? What's the point in having them at the club if not to supplement the squad?

The manager said he's looking for a couple more signings but half a team is excessive. The financial reality means we can't have plenty of depth in every position, which is why there are numerous players who can cover multiple positions in the squad.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Again, why do you want a bloated squad? What purpose does that serve? It's a huge waste of money and I'll be pretty annoyed if that happens.

We'll make at least three more signings. Or we at least need too, wouldn't be shocked with four. 

Given the current circumstances it’s mad that we should be adding so many players.

We need a keeper, a midfielder and a winger ideally.  Sure it would be nice if once we’ve done that we can afford to bring in a better quality of player so we don’t need to use guys like Todd or McCann as often (and maybe players like turner not starting as often) but given the current circumstances I think it’s perfectly fair that we will be playing these guys quite regularly.  

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

A decent goalkeeper for this level is the next priority. Černy, MacDonald, Fôn-Williams, Rogers. Would take any one of them.

Cerny extended his Aberdeen deal, and Rogers is training with Kilmarnock.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's the point in having 5 or 6 players at the club for central midfield?

Because as it stands we have no quality in central midfield. Turner should be benched from what I've seen. Todd on loan as he's nowhere near good enough as yet. Whittaker may not be able to play every week at 36. Murray will play centre half and isn't a realistic cm option. 

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Because as it stands we have no quality in central midfield. Turner should be benched from what I've seen. Todd on loan as he's nowhere near good enough as yet. Whittaker may not be able to play every week at 36. Murray will play centre half and isn't a realistic cm option. 

This

Turner should not be benched. He's just the current scapegoat, latest in a long line of them.

Whittaker might be able to play every week. He might not. There's plenty of cover in central defence so Murray can be moved to central midfield when needed. The manager disagrees that he isn't an option there.

I can see him maybe signing another CM, but not two or three.

I think we'll sign two, a keeper and a centre mid, and then get a further two loans. I'd say we need two wingers, a Frank Ross/Mcdonald scenario. 

After we sign another centre mid we'd had Todd and Allan as back up, IMO Todd absolutely has the potential and I really like him, at the period towards the end of the season before last he was playing reasonably well, he had a bad injury last season and came in later, with a full pre season hopefully he'd realise his potential. We're undoubtedly going to have a smaller squad so we'll need to use our better youth players as squad players. 

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Turner should not be benched. He's just the current scapegoat, latest in a long line of them.

Whittaker might be able to play every week. He might not. There's plenty of cover in central defence so Murray can be moved to central midfield when needed. The manager disagrees that he isn't an option there.

I can see him maybe signing another CM, but not two or three.

Spare us the ''scapegoat'' nonsense. Turner has been a disappointing signing. Nobody said signing 3 central midfielders either. Your suggestions seem to be taking first pick players out of their best position and putting them in a more unfamiliar role.  If we sign 4 players we would still have a small squad compared to last season. Utter tosh all the bloated squad stuff.

I really, really don't think Turner is that bad. I actually think he could be very, very good. 

At the start of last season you had fans falling over themselves to praise his form. 

I like the look of Todd and hopefully see him kick on more this season and stay injury free. The boy bleeds black and white too which you just love to see. 

Still feel it was a bit mental letting Joe Thomson go. Obviously Crawford didn't rate him, but I genuinely thought he was very good in central midfield for us. 

Turner is bullied too often and he mis-places too many passes. Bugs me when he blames folk for his mistakes too, but he is fairly young still to be fair.

I think he can improve but he needs to work for it and fight for his place. The current squad would mean him starting regardless. He not shown enough to be a starter next year imo. He got a few goals when he first signed which bought him brownie points. No way Stevie will settle on his current central midfield options. Following on from the scapegoat stuff. I'm fairly content with where the Pars are just now, think Craw did OK considering the mess he inherited, I would say scapegoats are only created in times of crisis. My views on Turner are without prejudice. Simply an observation of what I've seen so far. 

53 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I really, really don't think Turner is that bad. I actually think he could be very, very good. 

At the start of last season you had fans falling over themselves to praise his form. 

Im hoping Turner does a Stephen Bell and when played further forward will be excellent.

25 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Turner is bullied too often and he mis-places too many passes. Bugs me when he blames folk for his mistakes too, but he is fairly young still to be fair.

I think he can improve but he needs to work for it and fight for his place. The current squad would mean him starting regardless. He not shown enough to be a starter next year imo. He got a few goals when he first signed which bought him brownie points. No way Stevie will settle on his current central midfield options. Following on from the scapegoat stuff. I'm fairly content with where the Pars are just now, think Craw did OK considering the mess he inherited, I would say scapegoats are only created in times of crisis. My views on Turner are without prejudice. Simply an observation of what I've seen so far. 

Yep, simply looking at him and his performances objectively and you notice all the mistakes. Thomson, Beadling were better players but perhaps he has more potential. He was playing deeper than his usual position, for me he’s an attacking midfielder.

It’s an area of the pitch we’ve struggled to fill despite having some promising players and good signings. Byrne, Herron, Joe Thomson, Beadling etc.

Last great one was Bell before injury. Geggan and Falkingham maybe.

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Regarding kozma and Cardle there’s no doubt that kozma is a higher calibre of player having played international level and for Liverpool.

Watching them at the pars, even though I was young, I could sense frustration amongst fans at times at kozma and wanting him to win games on his own like the st mirren game. I think Cardle had games like that as well but overall did more per game more regularly than Itsvan.

kozma, better player

Cardle, did more for the pars

Again, he played for Liverpool in the early 90s and is *still* regarded as one of the all-time worst signings ever.

Kozma is remembered for being incredible in one game against St Mirren and due to our support’s usual reaction of spaffing in our boxers at the mere sight of a player from outside the UK.

Cardle did *far* more in a Pars shirt and it’s not even remotely debatable.

I also fail to understand the issue with bringing him in. It’s not like he’ll be first choice and he could help with the coaching as well. Will the zero fans in the stand start giving him stick if he has a bad game?

Edited by Poet of the Macabre