Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Look like those Magic Eye drawings.

There's a 3D Joe Cardle in the middle of each

Hopefully Cardle doesn’t sign. Not cut out for even being a sub at this level. He’ll probably end up at Kelty Hearts which would suit him nicely.
Disgusting way to speak about a club legend. Reported.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

There’s no u20s or reserve games at all?

Crawford said in one of his interviews that reserve football would be very difficult to run next season.  Several clubs are just about completely binning their academies.  Maybe have the odd bounce game but that will be about it.

41 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That’s all I see in most photos anyway so no surprise I didn’t notice.

I recently saw him on a dish towel and a piece of toast.

Disgusting way to speak about a club legend. Reported.

Legend? I assume you were born in the 2000’s. Kozma is a legend. The Craw and Brewster are legends. Cardle did a decent job at a lower level.

2 minutes ago, King_Kozma said:

Legend? I assume you were born in the 2000’s. Kozma is a legend. The Craw and Brewster are legends. Cardle did a decent job at a lower level.

Condescending pish. Cardle is very much a legend to many people. 

He's a goal away from being in the club's top 10 all time goal scorers. Well over 200 games for the club across three divisions. Unsure why you're so down on him.

He's done far more than Kozma ever did at East End. 

It hard to define what a legend is.  I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder and people have different things they look for in a player. For me, Cardle just went missing too often. I don't really buy into badge kissing types either, just not my kind of personality but I can see why many do love him.

I adored Hamish French. The club has had better players over the years but for me, he was a loyal servant, a good person and a bloody good player for us. No ego about him and a quiet guy who consistently did his talking on the pitch.

Edited by Chubbychops

35 minutes ago, King_Kozma said:

Cost over half a million quid and scored less than 10 goals. If he’d had that record for that fee and was called Ian Smith then he’d be considered a flop.

Then got flogged to Liverpool where he’s regarded as one of their worst signings ever. 

Give me Cardle every day of the week and twice on a Saturday.

Kozma, simply an enigma. 

George O'Boyle was a better signing at that time. 

Hamish French is a legend. 

Cardle deserves recognition for sure. However he is past his best now and I wouldn't like to see him return and really struggle. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Crawford said in one of his interviews that reserve football would be very difficult to run next season.  Several clubs are just about completely binning their academies.  Maybe have the odd bounce game but that will be about it.

Didn’t know, wonder if that effects Shields?

To be brutally honest I’m not sure apart from McCann that any of the reserves are better than the players we let go. Hope they  progress but without a reserve or youth league they will be bench fillers at best.

Still need four or five signings. We have two central midfielders really, perhaps Murray is three. Loan system will be handy.

1 hour ago, King_Kozma said:

How is Kozma a legend? 

I never saw Kozma play but friends who have speak highly of him. I don't doubt he was a quality player and if folk wish to class him as a legend then fine.

Likewise if folk wish to say Cardle was a legend then fine. I would rate him as such due to what I mentioned previously. Think inferring that he's just a 'badge kisser' is way off and he has a genuine like for the club.

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Didn’t know, wonder if that effects Shields?

To be brutally honest I’m not sure apart from McCann that any of the reserves are better than the players we let go. Hope they  progress but without a reserve or youth league they will be bench fillers at best.

Still need four or five signings. We have two central midfielders really, perhaps Murray is three. Loan system will be handy.

Five signings seems a bit crazy. What kind of money do you think the club has and why do you think they should be spunking it on a bloated squad during the tightest financial times since the recession, baring in mind that income will be significantly down across all revenue streams? 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Five signings seems a bit crazy. What kind of money do you think the club has and why do you think they should be spunking it on a bloated squad during the tightest financial times since the recession, baring in mind that income will be significantly down across all revenue streams? 

Had no idea about the reserve league but still think we need four or five. Keeper, two midfielders and a striker/winger.

Will be surprised if we don’t sign at least three.  Not saying they all need to be top class expensive signings.

Edited by D.A.F.C

We definitely need a keeper and at least on central midfielder I reckon. 

Defensively we are well covered in all positions. 

Out wide Thomas can play both sides, Turner can play left as a back up and we obviously have Dow on the right. Even McManus can play wide if need be. 

Up front we should be okay? McCann is someone I think could be a player given a chance. McGill....should be used as a goal-stanchion.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Had no idea about the reserve league but still think we need four or five. Keeper, two midfielders and a striker/winger.

Will be surprised if we don’t sign at least three.  Not saying they all need to be top class expensive signings.

Again, why do you want a bloated squad? What purpose does that serve? It's a huge waste of money and I'll be pretty annoyed if that happens.

Bookmarked for when we make five further signings!!

Regarding kozma and Cardle there’s no doubt that kozma is a higher calibre of player having played international level and for Liverpool.

Watching them at the pars, even though I was young, I could sense frustration amongst fans at times at kozma and wanting him to win games on his own like the st mirren game. I think Cardle had games like that as well but overall did more per game more regularly than Itsvan.

kozma, better player

Cardle, did more for the pars