Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease
16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That would be a playoff team if you had a manager.

You really are a blocked toilet of a poster. 

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Will the signing of McManus provoke opposing fans like the Watson and Whittaker ones did?

Considering we’ve just sold a guy for 250K, I think they’ll be more understanding.

Happy to see McManus return. If we can get Dom Thomas over the line as well then it’s a very decent starting XI on paper.

Dunfermline really going about business quickly and well by the looks of it. Nisbet was always going so get him away early, for a decent fee, and get the funds re-invested in 4 or 5 very good championship level players (assuming Whittaker can still cut it, I haven't seen him play in at least a year).

If it wasn't a season with Hearts in the League then that looks on paper a Championship winning squad. With Hearts in the League............ ? Should at least be a playoff squad though, Only thing would be Dunfermline looked to have recruited pretty well last summer too and then it didn't really happen in practice despite NIsbet. You need a reliable keeper to build from too. Is OFW the answer and is he definitely coming back?

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With you guys getting some decent business done early, would it be fair to say that not making the top 4 would be considered a failure this season coming? 

Impossible to say until we see what the competition looks like but I’d say - and I’m very biased - that any Dunfermline side finishing outside the play-off spots has failed.

27 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With you guys getting some decent business done early, would it be fair to say that not making the top 4 would be considered a failure this season coming? 

Absolutely, if we don't get top four I'd imagine Crawford will be away. 

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

... ? Should at least be a playoff squad though, Only thing would be Dunfermline looked to have recruited pretty well last summer too and then it didn't really happen in practice despite NIsbet. You need a reliable keeper to build from too. Is OFW the answer and is he definitely coming back?

I dunno, we still had some pretty glaring problems last season, the main one being that most teams in the league had two better goalkeepers than us, a goalkeeper who can talk to the defence and give them confidence is absolutely vital. 

As well as that until Afolabi came in we didn't really have a good strike partner for Nisbet, and we had absolutely no back up on the wings if Dow was out. 

Signing Mcdonald/OFW in goals would be a massive difference, meanwhile bringing Thomas back plus one more (Nesbitt?) would rectify our wing problems.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He played centre of midfield for us last season and was our second best player after McManus.

As a defensive midfielder? I suppose it depends on how big a role Crawford anticipates Whittaker playing, outwith him we don't have a defensive minded midfield player outwith shoehorning Murray in there. 

We'll definitely sign one more centre mid, looks set to be Alston though. 

You're probably OK. 

Probably. 

Edited by Grant228

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As a defensive midfielder? I suppose it depends on how big a role Crawford anticipates Whittaker playing, outwith him we don't have a defensive minded midfield player outwith shoehorning Murray in there. 

We'll definitely sign one more centre mid, looks set to be Alston though. 

Box to box midfielder. Like a poor man's Will Vaulks, which isn't necessarily an insult tbh.

Two good signings so far today. More to come.

O’Hara deserves a chance. What he did 3 years ago was wrong. However, he admitted his mistake, publicly apologised and accepted his punishment. I believe Dean Shiels also accepted the apology.

I can understand why people might hold a grudge for what happened, but I’m willing to support him as I would any other Pars player.

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yup, as I suggested they decided not to mention the incident whatsoever. What I would have done in their shoes tbf.

Not impressed with this signing at all but I understand I may be in the minority.

Looks like it will be discussed in the interview tomorrow.