Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If only Dunfermline could have Crawford sign the players then let someone else manage them...

In all seriousness you look to be doing some excellent business. Talk of 2 and 3 year deals mean that even if Hearts win the title as expected this year, the Pars should be well placed to hit the ground running the following season (if they don’t go up through the play offs).

Relieved we won’t have to deal with Nisbet scoring multiple goals for the Pars against us. McManus should be a decent signing, good for the derby too, always helps the rivalry to have some players in the Pars side that are easy to dislike.

Edited by R.R.FC

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:Say one thing about AJ, nobody had a clue about signings until they were in the middle of being interviewed and talking about being a "big club".

This is definitely true. Not sure who it is at the club but they clearly leak stuff all the time.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not, we could well have signed a worst player, but in my opinion that is genuinely quite mental, we're a football club ffs! And from a footballing perspective it's a very good signing. 

Very good signing based on less than one good season in his career so far? Leaving aside his dubious past, there is definitely some reservations about a guy who has never played consistently well for a full-time club in his life.

A front three of McManus, O’Hara and Thomas with support from Alston would do a fair bit of damage in this league.

With Inverness and ourselves losing a few key players you should find yourselves serious contenders for the playoffs.

Can't explain why but I've almost got a sense of relief that Nisbet is away to Hibs. I think I had mentally resigned myself to him leaving 7 months ago tbh, and I'm just pleased he's not gone to United or Hearts. Here's hoping he can thrive and maybe even get a shot at the Scotland squad.
As for the other signings/rumours, Thomas looks the most promising. Always looked dangerous as soon as he got on the ball. If we can get even somewhat close to a player of Nisbet's quality in O'Hara or McManus I'll be chuffed.
But I try not to get too excited about signings ever since the #returnofthebak [emoji4]

A front three of McManus, O’Hara and Thomas with support from Alston would do a fair bit of damage in this league.

With Inverness and ourselves losing a few key players you should find yourselves serious contenders for the playoffs.

Still got Ryan Dow as well, who did very well for us last season. Would expect O’Hara to start off as backup/cover.

Alston/Thomas/McManus/O'Hara would be great to watch. Gives you a bit of everything and loads of pace up front. 

McManus came on leaps and bounds working with Lee Miller and was scoring all sorts of goals. He seems to have put everything together now. I fancy him to be one of the top scorers in the league next year.

OWF
Comrie - Murray - Watson - Martin
Dow - Whittaker - Turner - Thomas
McManus - O’Hara

That’s our potential starting XI for next season, unless I’m missing anyone?

1 minute ago, smpar said:

OWF
Comrie - Murray - Watson - Martin
Dow - Whittaker - Turner - Thomas
McManus - O’Hara

That’s our potential starting XI for next season, unless I’m missing anyone?

That would be a playoff team if you had a manager.

Got to say that I was hoping for a better keeper than OFW. Wasn't that impressed with him last year. The rest look really good signings. Hope we can improve on Turner too. 

Edited by Chubbychops