Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Stellaboz said:
11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
No one is having a meltdown on here? Unless all the action is on Dot Net or FB.

I'm exaggerating but people moaning about him before signing? Settle down.

Right, can you let everyone know when it’s acceptable to discuss Pars transfer rumours? We wouldn’t want to upset you again.

Will be interesting to see how O’Hara does, he never really impressed at Falkirk or at any of his loan spells during his time at the club. He’s had one good season at Alloa so maybe worth a gamble if he’s low cost.
McManus is a player who is hard not to love. His work ethic and determination is infectious within the team. He’s proved he can score a wide range of goals for us last season and I strangely hope he does well for you and gets the championship goal scoring monkey off his back.

McManus did well for us last time around and seemed to have a habit of scoring in the ‘big’ games. His work rate and commitment was second to none and his passion was there for all to see. As far as I can see, he’s been like that at each of his (many) clubs, just giving his all for whoever is paying his wages. Just a decent guy, giving his all to achieve all that he can in the game. When he’s played for your club and you’ve seen this side of him, it’s hard not to like the guy, as you say.

He scored 13 goals for us in all competitions (albeit only 7 in the league), but we were very much set up to create chances for Clark. I think he’d fit in well with Crawford’s style of play, with hard workers like Dow and Turner nearby and would chip in with more goals.

21 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Looking like we're set to sign Nisbet and you'll get a six figure sum. 

That could be a terrific move for all concerned. A few quid for us, hopefully get you plenty of goals (and he makes scoring look a piece of piss at times) then a big sell-on. 

Set to go to Hibs for 250k,had a feeling it must've been on the cards with us bringing in O'Hara and McManus, no matter what way you look at it that's good business by us to bring him in for nothing then selling him for that. 

I'm sure we'll have a nice selling on fee aswell so hope he does well for Hibs. 

Aye there’s no chance we’re able to chuck money at decent players without shifting Nisbet on.

I’m just glad it’s a decent club he is away to and it’s not the perma-shithouse that is Dundee United taking our players again.

That’ll be a great move for him. He’ll score goals for fun, get a 6mil move to a middle-of-the-road English club and we’ll make a tidy profit.

Guest Axle Grease

Some shit-hot, in the know Pars fans here.

Fingers on the old proverbial pulse. 

Impressive connections no doubt. 

Keep it up *cough*

By the way O'Hara and his misjudged antics. Hope the stupid wee fud has grown up somewhat, and starts scoring goals straight off. Otherwise he will be ostracised I think. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I couldn't really care what he's done & apologised for in the past.

If he scores a decent amount of goals then that'll be just dandy. 

Might as well put in a bid for Goodwillie with that attitude.

I agree with where you’re coming from but the two situations were quite different.

O’Hara made a disgusting gesture and was quite rightly punished for it. I’m sure he regrets doing it but it’s the kind of thing where he can be given a second chance and s

David Goodwillie sexually assaulted someone and only got away with it because it couldn’t be proven. He knows he did it, we all know he did it, even Clyde fans know he did it but they will say otherwise because he scores goals for them and despite all this he is allowed to carry on playing football.

3 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Will be interesting to see how O’Hara does, he never really impressed at Falkirk or at any of his loan spells during his time at the club. He’s had one good season at Alloa so maybe worth a gamble if he’s low cost.

I wasn't particularly impressed when we signed O'Hara last summer based on how his time at Falkirk had panned out and his loan spells. I thought he would have been set for the lower leagues and would just be a squad filler for us. But Peter Grant talked him up from the start and as a striker rather than a wide player and it turned out he was right. O'Hara is quick and very direct, he is strong and he can finish. He also never stops working for the team. Good range of goals too, some poachers efforts and some from further out. 

Obviously has some previous with Dunfermline but he is a good addition for pretty much any f/t side in this league. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlloaStats/status/1264483933296766977

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I agree with where you’re coming from but the two situations were quite different.

O’Hara made a disgusting gesture and was quite rightly punished for it. I’m sure he regrets doing it but it’s the kind of thing where he can be given a second chance and s

David Goodwillie sexually assaulted someone and only got away with it because it couldn’t be proven. He knows he did it, we all know he did it, even Clyde fans know he did it but they will say otherwise because he scores goals for them and despite all this he is allowed to carry on playing football.

I'm not comparing the two. One is quite clearly far worse than the other.

I was commenting on the attitude of "I don't care what he's done as it's in the past and he's apologised as long as he scores goals". Don't agree with that at all.

This is the shit I'm on about bud.
Som people are full of shit, everyone was raging at the time. So offended for blind people and now who cares?

Don't want this guy anywhere near our club. Horrible little shit.