Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Wish we'd given this role to Paul Paton.

Why? Whittaker has played at a far higher level for far longer in his career, please tell me you're not judging a players coaching ability on some badge slapping fist pumping energy. If so Gregor Buchanan should be a world class coach.

49 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I love the fact that we're paying Watson double what he was at Tannadice.

I heard we had trebled his wage and his win bonus was 10x higher than at United.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Why? Whittaker has played at a far higher level for far longer in his career, please tell me you're not judging a players coaching ability on some badge slapping fist pumping energy. If so Gregor Buchanan should be a world class coach.

Whittaker is a far superior player to Paton, who was madly overrated here.

2 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

It’ll be Watson and Murray who’s rattled when Vaughan scores a hattrick at EEP x

Are you a Hibs fan or a Rovers fan? And are you always this needy, it's hard work.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Whittaker is a far superior player to Paton, who was madly overrated here.

Agreed, anyone arguing someone who has played in the top flight in England and Scotland as well as having 31 international caps has less to offer our younger players than a mid table jobber who has been steady his entire career with limited caps for a smaller country is rather odd indeed.

8 minutes ago, michaeljohnstone said:

It’ll be Watson and Murray who’s rattled when Vaughan scores a hattrick at EEP x

He'll score quite a few hattricks at EEP this coming season...

Declan McManus was a good player for Dunfermline. Anyone trying to claim otherwise is at it tbh.

He wasn’t a top tier Pars striker but worked hard and scored some important goals. If we re-signed him I’d have no problems with it. I saw him play for Falkirk a few times last season and he was far too good for that level.

Yep, let's face it, we're not signing anyone on Nisbets level, chances are we aren't getting anyone on Nicky Clarks level either, if we can get a striker that'll get 10-15 league goals a season that'll be good and I reckon McManus is capable of that. If we could get a couple... 

Gk-

Comrie-Murray-Watson-Martin

Dow-Turner-Whittaker-

-Nisbet 

We're potentially only three players away from a strong championship starting 11, I fully expect Nisbet to be away of course. But even then it doesn't look bad at all, I'm generally a fan of Crawford in the transfer window, seems to buy well.