Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Would take him back for this season.

In a minute. For one season. Loved his time at the Pars. 

Guest Axle Grease
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

It doesn’t show it clearly but a pie just missed him as well from the stand behind the goals. Glorious.

Best girfuy since Watson mooned the Raith support.

Our support were fantastic that game. I went mental when Higgy scored. Even cuddled the wife. 

12 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Eh? So, what you're saying is we are never going to play next season then? At some point the fixtures and how they will operate will have to be decided by the relevant authorities. Once that is done, then I'll buy my season ticket. Am I writing this in Swahili or something?

You’ve totally missed SD’s point brother. He’s just saying that even a few days before the first game, no one will be able to confirm it’ll definitely take place because it’s entirely based on the latest advice and guidance.

11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You’ve totally missed SD’s point brother. He’s just saying that even a few days before the first game, no one will be able to confirm it’ll definitely take place because it’s entirely based on the latest advice and guidance.

Fair enough.

Pre-season is normally quite soon, and there is a lot of development in the background, so here's hoping we can get some names added to the pool soon in preparation for next season. 

51 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Fair enough.

Pre-season is normally quite soon, and there is a lot of development in the background, so here's hoping we can get some names added to the pool soon in preparation for next season. 

If the season isn't scheduled to start until mid-October then i doubt our pre-season will start until mid-late August at the earliest. Given the club may have to pay for folks it signs (unless they agree to a delayed contract start) then i don't see us announcing anyone soon

24 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

If the season isn't scheduled to start until mid-October then i doubt our pre-season will start until mid-late August at the earliest. Given the club may have to pay for folks it signs (unless they agree to a delayed contract start) then i don't see us announcing anyone soon

Aye, I think a lot of clubs will be doing the same to same money and that we'll see a mad dash at some point which will result in a few clubs making some hilariously shit panic signings.

Crawford and his team seems to identify signings early and generally knows who he wants, so hopefully he's already got folk in mind and won't panic buy!

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Crawford and his team seems to identify signings early and generally knows who he wants, so hopefully he's already got folk in mind and won't panic buy!

Seems to be that way but it must be difficult to try and sign someone up if you need to say 'can you wait till August', if there is a club offering a slightly lower wage (for example) but can sign in the next month or so - that added security must be welcome for some.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Seems to be that way but it must be difficult to try and sign someone up if you need to say 'can you wait till August', if there is a club offering a slightly lower wage (for example) but can sign in the next month or so - that added security must be welcome for some.

Yup, it's going to be a game of who blinks in a lot of cases, as once someone starts with the signings other clubs will have to get in or miss out. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

The transfer window isn't even opening until mid July (though they've not confirmed a date yet and it'll need to be open soon for the Premiership clubs presumably).

Not that I think we can, or will, compete with Premiership clubs for players but don't they get yet another advantage over the rest by being able to offer a contract sooner? If they start a month or two before the Championship how can any lower league club pick up a fair standard player? It drives the gap between the top and the rest even greater the way it's setting out.

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Not that I think we can, or will, compete with Premiership clubs for players but don't they get yet another advantage over the rest by being able to offer a contract sooner? If they start a month or two before the Championship how can any lower league club pick up a fair standard player? It drives the gap between the top and the rest even greater the way it's setting out.

We're never beating a Premiership club in a race to sign a player anyway so can't see it making a difference. 

I actually think it's beneficial, players out of the managers plans in the first few weeks will be more receptive to loans... 

It does but nobody has forced the championship's hand by starting late. It's been a collective (and unanimous from what I gather) decision to start in October.

Already seen Scott Fox, Shaun Rooney and Jordan White make the jump up. I imagine many premiership teams will continue looking at the championship for players.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, I think a lot of clubs will be doing the same to same money and that we'll see a mad dash at some point which will result in a few clubs making some hilariously shit panic signings.

Can definitely see some comedy scorelines early in the season, especially if games are in empty grounds and that whole crowd/pressure dynamic has changed. 

Thought that was Owain being announced there on FB but it was just a post about him handing the painting he did over. Would take him between the sticks next season tbh.