Walking Down The Halbeath Road

19 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It was a luxury that no other team had in the league.

Don’t talk shite.  Everyone side in the league(and every other league) looks at their squad in January and brings in replacements where necessary.  I can’t be bothered looking up everyone else’s signings but I believe Falkirk signed about 10 players that window. 

Just now, parsforlife said:

Don’t talk shite.  Everyone side in the league(and every other league) looks at their squad in January and brings in replacements where necessary.  I can’t be bothered looking up everyone else’s signings but I believe Falkirk signed about 10 players that window. 

I think he meant bringing in 3 midfielders, not bringing in players in general.

It's still not true that no other team had that 'luxury' though. As noted Livingston had loads of central midfielders.

St Mirren had Stephen McGinn, Ian McShane, Massimo Donati, Kyle Magennis, Lewis Morgan and Ryan Flynn who could all play central midfield.

Dundee United had Willo Flood, Sam Stanton, Fraser Fyvie, Craig Slater and Scott Allardice who could play central midfield.

Morton had Ross Forbes, Gary Harkins, Andy Murdoch and Michael Tidser who could play central midfield.

And so on.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I think he meant bringing in 3 midfielders, not bringing in players in general..

Are there rules on what positions players play when you bring them in? Did we somehow get dispensation  on this made up rule that every other team needed to follow?  

Bringing in 3 centre midfielders is little different to 1 full back, 1 striker and 1 winger.  You have your budget and you spend in most appropriately to improve your side the most.

The major f**k up happened signing the likes of Durnan, Devine, Hippolyte, Muirhead (was he that summer?) and sadly Fez. Also, the initial joke of a 352 experiment (outside of Tannadice opening day).
This.

That was the second season of his f**k ups that led to his sacking. First season he messed the midfield up, second season he messed about with the defence. He was a bit unlucky with Muirhead, Fez and Hipolyte as most people thought they were decent signings. All three have talent but it just didn’t happen. Durnan and Devine was a bit bizarre, to try and shoehorn them into a system they weren’t good at.

I suppose if anyone had scouted fez at Dundee you would have seen he was a bit off. Hippo only seemed to play well against us and Falkirk fans warmed us about him. Muirhead was his ego trying to resign the guy who killie sold behind his back. At one stage we had three left midfielders who were all pretty shit. Longridge, Muirhead and Connolly. 
Higgy also never really got to where he was the previous season after his agent died.

Guest Axle Grease
8 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Thanks guys for the info on the Elizabeathen,will give it a big miss. Are there any decent ales pubs in town not just Wetherspoons. Many thanks again.

Commercial had opened back up just before the Covid-19  shut down. East Port and the Old Inn are also of your more traditional type pubs worth visiting, and both have an element of a football crowd as clientelle. 

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

That was the second season of his f**k ups that led to his sacking. First season he messed the midfield up, second season he messed about with the defence. He was a bit unlucky with Muirhead, Fez and Hipolyte as most people thought they were decent signings. All three have talent but it just didn’t happen. Durnan and Devine was a bit bizarre, to try and shoehorn them into a system they weren’t good at.

I suppose if anyone had scouted fez at Dundee you would have seen he was a bit off. Hippo only seemed to play well against us and Falkirk fans warmed us about him. Muirhead was his ego trying to resign the guy who killie sold behind his back. At one stage we had three left midfielders who were all pretty shit. Longridge, Muirhead and Connolly. 
Higgy also never really got to where he was the previous season after his agent died.

I bet those players were on really good wages too. Bet we could have got much better players for much less money. A total sham of a squad that season. 

Devine actually played pretty fucking well for that season there. 

Edited by DAFC.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I bet those players were on really good wages too. Bet we could have got much better players for much less money. A total sham of a squad that season. 

Devine actually played pretty fucking well for that season there

No he didn't. He was fucking garbage for most of it but had a run of games this year where he was ok.

Glad to see him gone from the team.

Our budget would have been the highest in years and ended up being one of the least enjoyable seasons supporting us.

Does anyone have an updated list of our current squad?

Gill

Comrie (no word on him leaving, he had an option for a 1 year extension)

Martin

Lang

Edwards

Murray

Dow

Turner

McCann

McGill

Nisbet

Are the first teamers I can think of. Still a few youth guys left over as well I believe. A pretty good spine there, we utilised the loan market last year to the maximum as well to compliment those numbers.

On a side note what a total fud Robbie Neilson is, commenting openly on being after Nisbet, obviously professional courtesy goes out the window with him trying to unsettle players...

5 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Our budget would have been the highest in years and ended up being one of the least enjoyable seasons supporting us.

Since admin we have had 2 seasons where we have made a loss, each being as a result of giving the manager a decent increase in budget compared to the previous season looking to improve on a play-off defeat. We have been horrendous both times.  

Since admin we have had 2 seasons where we have made a loss, each being as a result of giving the manager a decent increase in budget compared to the previous season looking to improve on a play-off defeat. We have been horrendous both times.  
Hahaha aye 14/15 was some laugh

8 hours ago, Nat Weederburn said:

On a side note what a total fud Robbie Neilson is, commenting openly on being after Nisbet, obviously professional courtesy goes out the window with him trying to unsettle players..

It’s already public knowledge they bid for him in January. Is it supposed to be some scandal they’re still interested?

As long as we get decent money for him than good luck to him and good luck to them.