Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've literally just said they will sign. Just don't expect players with another offer to do it. Just like Dundee missed out on numerous players due to the admin situations. 

If you genuinely think the clubs actions won't have a negative affect then you're doolally. 

It depends if the other offer is better than ours, if it is, they'll sign for someone else. 

I genuinely don't think the clubs actions will have that much of an effect at all, so far we have Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Dunfermline, Rangers, QoTS, Hibs and St Johnstone all releasing players, with more to come. You reckon they'll all struggle to sign players? 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Aside from the players have the Pars had to release any non playing staff such as office staff etc?

I don't think so. There's only about 2 of them anyway. Think they're furloughed.

Sounds like Paton might be what we are looking for if we are replace Docherty and Kerr in the team . After all the last Pars captain that moved to us did pretty well , including the goal that knocked Killie out the Ramsdens in his first game back . 

Cheers ....

3 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

Sounds like Paton might be what we are looking for if we are replace Docherty and Kerr in the team . After all the last Pars captain that moved to us did pretty well , including the goal that knocked Killie out the Ramsdens in his first game back . 

Cheers ....

He's a very different player to both Kerr and Docherty. 

Doesn’t strike me as an obvious replacement for Doc and certainly not for Kerr.

Tbh if we’re looking at any released midfielders from Dunfermline it should be Joe Thomson or Tom Beadling.

Pre-injury thomson was fantastic. However since he’s not really been able to put a run of form together which isn’t that much of a surprise when a player is out for so long and misses pre-season.  With a long break and a proper pre-season he’ll be a tough opponent.

Agree about Paton other than his passing ability. He can play great defence splitting balls into channels at times. We scored a few goals off it this season. Not gutted he’s gone but I don’t think it’s true that he can’t pass. He does get a bit clumsy under pressure but when given time he can play some great passes.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

if we’re looking at any released midfielders from Dunfermline it should be Joe Thomson or Tom Beadling.

I was thinking more of an experienced captain and holding midfield player like Paton . Caught my eye in the live game last season . All about opinions I suppose .

19 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Tom Beadling could've been fantastic at this level, can't seem to go more than a few weeks without an injury though. 

Aye he really showed his ability when he first came up. His form in those months were a huge part of making the play-offs.  Centre-mid has probably been our weakest position(after keeper) this year and the fact that neither Thomson or beadling were able to get themselves fit and a good run of games is the reason for that.  

Edited by parsforlife

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye he really showed his ability when he first came up. His form in those months were a huge part of making the play-offs.  Centre-mid has probably been our weakest position(after keeper) this year and the fact that neither Thomson or beading we’re able to get themselves fit and a good run of games is the reason for that.  

Absolutely, he was a huge miss for the play offs themselves.

Paton did a more than decent job for us overall and in normal circumstances I wouldn't have had any problem with him getting another year. Really the only player we had that was good at the dirty side of the game, and a great player to have in your side when you're trying to see a game out with a one-goal lead.

Joe Thomson showed plenty before his injury and was a big loss at that time as he'd been our best player for a number of weeks. Never really looked on it after coming back though and I don't think I'd have kept him. Every chance he'll go on to have a good season with another club in this division.

Tom Beadling is a strange one. A lot of folk seemed to like him but I didn't see much in him and I don't think I ever came home thinking he'd had a really good game. Games just seemed to pass him by. I should say though that I missed most of our good run to take 4th spot in the second half of 17/18 season, when he ws getting great reviews. That seems to be have been his best time with us, and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to keep him.