Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We will have to see how his "absolute right thing by our club" pans out when nobody wants to sign for you. 
I'm pretty surprised his actions are gaining more vocal support, tbh. 
Many people are unable to ever think their club has done wrong and will defend anything.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
We will have to see how his "absolute right thing by our club" pans out when nobody wants to sign for you. 

Many people are unable to ever think their club has done wrong and will defend anything.

That's not so. Dundee signed Craig Burley and allowed him to leave still breathing and as such he has been able to infect the screens of ESPN viewers. 

I hold the club solely responsible and regularly report them to the authorities for committing a war crime. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's not so. Dundee signed Craig Burley and allowed him to leave still breathing and as such he has been able to infect the screens of ESPN viewers. 

I hold the club solely responsible and regularly report them to the authorities for committing a war crime. 

b*****dS

I might be going out on a limb here but I think players will want to sign for us at some point. And St Johnstone. And Queens.

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I might be going out on a limb here but I think players will want to sign for us at some point. And St Johnstone. And Queens.

I'm not so sure. Of course, players will sign. I just don't think you'll be first choice in their minds due to your clubs actions here. 

And they'd be right. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not so sure. Of course, players will sign. I just don't think you'll be first choice in their minds due to your clubs actions here. 

And they'd be right. 

Players still signed for Dundee after two administrations. They still signed for us after administration. They still signed for Livingston after all their administration and other financial issues.

You're at it.

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Paul Paton did ok and better than expected but he is curiously overrated by a section of the Pars fan base. I would have had zero qualms about him being released even if COVID-19 had never happened.

This. He fills a gap, controls balls when there is space around him and finds an easy pass. He really doesn't do much more than that. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

And they'd be right. 

Pars offering you £500 a week. A team like Morton, for example, offering you £400. 

Nah, think I'll patch The Pars because of that furlough scheme nonsense. Away ye go. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Players still signed for Dundee after two administrations. They still signed for us after administration. They still signed for Livingston after all their administration and other financial issues.

I've literally just said they will sign. Just don't expect players with another offer to do it. Just like Dundee missed out on numerous players due to the admin situations. 

If you genuinely think the clubs actions won't have a negative affect then you're doolally. 

As DAFC pointed out, if we're offering better terms than other clubs, money will talk and they'll sign most likely. 

Also on Paul Paton, did a solid job for us. Held the midfield together, came deep for the ball and can pass it. Works well with someone who can get box to box and has players further forward willing to make runs. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've literally just said they will sign. Just don't expect players with another offer to do it. Just like Dundee missed out on numerous players due to the admin situations. 

If you genuinely think the clubs actions won't have a negative affect then you're doolally. 

We're a Championship club. If players have better offers of course they'd sign elsewhere. That always happens.

Will just come down to what we can offer. Remember that many clubs, if not most, will be going with reduced squads once things are back up and running, so there will probably be less contracts to go around.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

As DAFC pointed out, if we're offering better terms than other clubs, money will talk and they'll sign most likely. 

Also on Paul Paton, did a solid job for us. Held the midfield together, came deep for the ball and can pass it. Works well with someone who can get box to box and has players further forward willing to make runs. 

Paton is a middling Championship player. His attacking play was often slow and poor. He does the basics fine but we need more.

He is absolutely no loss to us.

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We're a Championship club. If players have better offers of course they'd sign elsewhere. That always happens.

Will just come down to what we can offer. Remember that many clubs, if not most, will be going with reduced squads once things are back up and running, so there will probably be less contracts to go around.

Paton is a middling Championship player. His attacking play was often slow and poor. He does the basics fine but we need more.

He is absolutely no loss to us.

Was he not one of the leaders in your team and a good experienced player to have in the dressing room?

31 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Paton reads the game well, had an eye for a pass and would never shirk a tackle. Also a big influence on the dressing room. He is undoubtedly a loss.

Probably mostly true, but an eye for a pass? Come on!

His only passing technique involved getting clearances that came towards him and hooking them over his shoulder. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

You're a tit.

FTFY

His only passing technique involved getting clearances that came towards him and hooking them over his shoulder. 
Hahah aye, him booting the ball as hard as he could in whichever direction he was facing was something we were warned about. And came to fruition.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hahah aye, him booting the ball as hard as he could in whichever direction he was facing was something we were warned about. And came to fruition.

He was more prone to a floated slightly curled pass with his right foot, hit with the inside of his big toe. 

Edited by DA Baracus

I liked Paton, whether by instruction or limitation his tendency to sit very, very deep ala King Nat was troublesome when playing a 442.

However considering the reviews that he came with he far surpassed them, I think he revelled in being the old one in the team, going around booting folk and all that good stuff, he got allot of support from the fans and he really seemed to get enjoyment out of being here, him crunching into a tackle was fucking beautiful. 

I'm not overly upset about losing him in a football capacity, I probably would've offered him a new deal, however we need better in the middle if we're to go up. I do wish, with all the players he'd left more amicably.