Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, 101 said:

These players won't have any more put away than most normal people, however most of the players in the championship employ agents and advisors who should have been all over this for months. You would also imagine in the industry they are in their agents/advisors would recommend insurance of some kind. It's not like a global pandemic has snuck up on us. It's been at the top of the risk register for years.

We’re all talking with 20-20 hindsight vision here, but given that successive governments, supposedly the best informed people in the country, have blithely ignored the expert advice about potential pandemics over the last decades do you really think footballers’ agents and advisers would have given it a thought before around the beginning of February?

And re “insurance of some kind”  -  players can effect Income Protection cover that would pay a weekly or monthly benefit after a set period of incapacity due to illness or injury, but a policy that’ll pay out if footballers are deemed not good enough to be retained after 12 or 24 months? There isn’t one.

Guest Axle Grease
17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I wouldn't be taking some contradictory nonsense off an old duffer who regularly fucked his employees over his whole business life as a stance to align myself with, personally. 

Who would that be exactly? 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I wouldn't be taking some contradictory nonsense off an old duffer who regularly fucked his employees over his whole business life as a stance to align myself with, personally. 

1 hour ago, Axle Grease said:

Who would that be exactly? 

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He means Roy Macgregor.

No, I think he maybe means Alex Salmond.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

?

Can I refer you to the (apparently unfounded) allegations made against Mr Salmond in court recently, to the fact that he is something of an old duffer, and most pertinent of all to the avatar currently used on here by Mr Grease? 

3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Can I refer you to the (apparently unfounded) allegations made against Mr Salmond in court recently, to the fact that he is something of an old duffer, and most pertinent of all to the avatar currently used on here by Mr Grease? 

Ok. Unsure of the relevance to the conversation though.

Been reading up on your badge, mainly because I'm a sad b*****d, but it's a badge I've always liked.

What was it before an art teacher had his nightmare and came up with it?

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Been reading up on your badge, mainly because I'm a sad b*****d, but it's a badge I've always liked.

A big bag of swag.

Guest Axle Grease
4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

None at all, just a (feeble) attempt at humour in the middle  of a shitstorm without end. 

I've given you a green thing as you have thousands of red things. 

Regards

M Grease

I imagine we didn’t have one. Or maybe used the Dunfermline coat of arms. I think it’s a common misconception that football clubs had badges as we know them from the off. Maybe they had symbols or the like but you don’t see badges, especially on football kits until the 50s really.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1328024/ross-mcarthur-dunfermline-furlough-contracts/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"

McArthur has revealed the East End Park outfit received different advice.

He said: “Early on, I had looked at that and if there was a way of helping the boys and their families we would have looked at that.

“But the advice we got, the professional advice we went to from two different sources, was that it’s not the right thing to do.

“There are issues potentially attached to that. What we are conscious of is doing things by the book and we don’t want to expose the business to risk."

Edited by Grant228

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1328024/ross-mcarthur-dunfermline-furlough-contracts/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"

McArthur has revealed the East End Park outfit received different advice.

He said: “Early on, I had looked at that and if there was a way of helping the boys and their families we would have looked at that.

“But the advice we got, the professional advice we went to from two different sources, was that it’s not the right thing to do.

“There are issues potentially attached to that. What we are conscious of is doing things by the book and we don’t want to expose the business to risk."

But still doesnt say what this advice was or what the "risk" is.

Meanwhile, you'r superior neighbours are extending contracts.

ETA - fair play to him for coming out and making some comment though

Edited by Mr X

On 24/05/2020 at 11:08, Mr. Alli said:

He's had advice from HMRC but doesn't say what that advice was, nor what would happen but if there was a government scheme available to help the players he'd use that. 

There is a government scheme available. His nonsense about people getting paid whilst others sit at home is bullshit too, that is literally happening country wide. 

Considering, as you point out, he pumps millions into the club and then writes it off on a yearly basis then taking this course of action and branding an extra month's furlough 'dishonest' is fucking laughable. 

He’s a fucking arsehole. His whole business plan is mental. 

Edit - Spunks other companies money on making sure they finish above The Caley every season by offering our players 200 a week more to come and play for him. On crowds barely over 3000.

Edited by TheScarf