Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Paul Paton has replied to the Ayr United headline with a clapping emoji. Perhaps a bit of a dig at Dunfermline for not keeping him and others on the books for another month or so.

Edit: the tweet has been liked by Callum Smith.

I have sympathy for the players but surely they've known this was likely coming for months now? As soon as the league was called I'd have been looking for another job. Never mind that 80-90% of those released would be getting punted anyway.

There's not going to be a 20/21 season, so can't see them being signed up anywhere else.

Someone told me the pars fans were defending this decision. I didnt believe them
I think some are unaware of all the facts regarding this decision and will wait before getting fucked in about something they know little about.

Just now, da_no_1 said:
3 minutes ago, Mr X said:
Someone told me the pars fans were defending this decision. I didnt believe them

I think some are unaware of all the facts regarding this decision and will wait before getting fucked in about something they know little about.

Feel free to enlighten us.

We can only go by the facts we have, which is what Dunfermline posted on their OS. Based on that, its a pretty poor decision, to say the least.

If other facts come out, I'll have no problem admitting I was wrong.

Looks like Dunfermline have got this massively wrong, Particularly the young lads who will find it impossible to get a club or job/change of career in the current climate. Just got to hope they come from stable homes. 

Hopefully other clubs take note and don’t go down this route. 

Looks like Dunfermline have got this massively wrong, Particularly the young lads who will find it impossible to get a club or job/change of career in the current climate. Just got to hope they come from stable homes. 

Hopefully other clubs take note and don’t go down this route. 

There’s a good few in that list who I’d be surprised if they were older than 16/17, and surely haven’t moved out of their family home. As you say, hopefully they come from stable homes and this won’t affect them as much as the ones who are more likely to have kids and a mortgage.

It doesn't look good due to the numbers involved. But other clubs before Dunfermline released players (or said that players would not be having contracts renewed) including Rangers, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd. It so happens than we have a lot of players out of contract this summer as they were either signed on 2 year deals under Johnston or 1 year deals under Crawford. We probably could have waited until May 31st to release the names but didn't. Will that prove to be a mistake? Who knows.

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It doesn't look good due to the numbers involved. But other clubs before Dunfermline released players (or said that players would not be having contracts renewed) including Rangers, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd. It so happens than we have a lot of players out of contract this summer as they were either signed on 2 year deals under Johnston or 1 year deals under Crawford. We probably could have waited until May 31st to release the names but didn't. Will that prove to be a mistake? Who knows.

If they were shite and never gonna get a deal anyways it's a bit cowardly to hide behind the virus and say you couldn't offer them new deals IMO.

If they were shite and never gonna get a deal anyways it's a bit cowardly to hide behind the virus and say you couldn't offer them new deals IMO.
That's one hell of a leap fella. Careful now

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's one hell of a leap fella. Careful now

It really isn't. 

Is this Dunfermlines fantastic youth policy funded by the trhousands that put money into the club every week. I have a funny feeling that a lot of people will be looking for payments that will not be forthcoming. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

Pish

Always

Runs

South

:bairn

Is this Dunfermlines fantastic youth policy funded by the trhousands that put money into the club every week. I have a funny feeling that a lot of people will be looking for payments that will not be forthcoming. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

Pish
Always
Runs
South
:bairn
Best not to post when you've had a few cause that is complete word salad fella.