Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Interesting read, for what its worth I know Donald MacDonald, not McDonald as in the article. He has been involved in many troubled companies and many good companies.

Him, Tom Hunter, Chris Van Der Kuyl even Martin Ritchie the Falkirk Chairman are well known for trying to help young Scottish businesses. They call themselves business angels, so I don't think there is wider conspiracy thing at work,

Certainly Dunfermline seem in the brown stuff, that whole Stadia company thing went away too quickly to be true, Dunfermline fans had their chance there to question this, but carried on lapping up the Calderwood years. Football clubs really only have one asset thats the ground, I don't remember Pars fans kicking off when it was hived off.

For years, fans on this forum have been saying Dunfermline are going to go bust, yet only now are Dunfermline fans concerned, a bit of after the horse has bolted,

I think Dunfermline will survive, lets face it all that is needed is for a group to buy the club from the bankrupt business and get lease for the stadium, no one is building at the moment so the timing is perfect.

Edited by Andreas Kelevra

Is there a club's grave that he hasn't been waiting to dance on, though? :P

I would have to agree that while Gordie is absolutely correct in that many fans did ask questions during the Calderwood era, I would say more were happy to hop on for the ride. Though alarm bells should've been ringing, in hindsight, which they were when we weren't far from administration early in 2004.

Captain Sensible has been waiting to dance on Dunfermlines grave for yonks, read lots of rubbishing of his claims. Seems he was right,

I'm not disputing that a lot of naive Pars fans have believed things were rosy when they certainly weren't but Captain Sensible has been waiting for several clubs to die including ourselves, Dundee and Motherwell to name but 3.

During the Calderwood era there were a few dissenting voices on dot net but their posts always seemed to disappear.

I would have maybe asked questions during the Calderwood years but I had just turned 13 when we got to the Cup Final in 2004 and the club's finances weren't really in my thoughts at that time.

I see our skipper is on the main site admitting that the prolonged wage issue is indeed affecting the players. Not that we didn't know that already but it's the first confirmation that I can remember.

I Was also too young in 2004 to care , but since I've taken interest in what's going on off the field, it's been obvious we've been badly managed, though obviously how badly is not been clear until the last few months, but the suggestions of being criminally ( or at least immorally , no doubt masterton will be treading the line to keep just inside the law) run are coming out.

why we are here is clear. How we get out of this mess is a different matter, we need to get rid of masterton and his web of companies, unfortunately he needs to write off debt and probably watch CH collapse with all the problems that would cause him personally in order for anything approaching a long term future is possible.

Edited by parsforlife

Haven't been following this. Could someone give me a quick rundown of what's happened please? I really hope Dunfermline come out of this ok though.

Gavin Masterton and John Yorkson have been using DAFC income to fund a life of cocaine & hookers, keeping their wives sweet with Louis Vitton handbags & 5* holidays, but they forgot to pay some of their dealers & the shits about to hit the fan!

Andreas Kelevra has pointed out that a club's only real asset is the ground. So that would put Falkirk in the same position as us would it not as the Council own Falkirk Stadium I believe.

Not true, its 50/50, we own the pitch and footballing facilities, they own the office spaces, or something like that.

The Council being a partner isn't such a bad thing killing the local club isn't a vote winner.

No too pleased by that from McMillan.

So it's acceptable to no try your arse during the 90 minutes on a saturday even though 2,000 fans have turned up and paid their good money to see you? Nut it isnae, we can all empathise with the situation but the one time that you can put all that shite to the back of your mind is during the 90 minutes on a saturday

Never got the chance to read the above article, probably hinting at the stuff people like me and others have been suggesting for years. Last year I was banned from the website for the third time, each time it was because of asking questions about finances and suggesting that we cheated for ten years by overspending. Jason, for me, breached an unwritten rule by putting my name on a post without my permission. I also had to put up with Raymie the legend starting a thread that asked me to leave the forum as I was upsetting others. Been harassed by superally also, on here and on dafc.net. It was a real shame that people thought I had some sort of agenda other than seeing the pars survive. I can see why they did it and don't take it personally. It's just pity that yes men and sychophants won out in the post Calderwood years.

Regarding the players not trying I'm glad they have finally admitted to this as it was painfully obvious ever since the Patrick 5-1 game. Husband despite being the most talented player on the pitch last week by far managed to come off the muddy park without a mark on his white boots and socks.

I have bought tickets for Falkirk and Cowdenbeath games but won't be going to another away game this season or buying a season ticket next year until GM is gone.

Holy shit, I was joking about you getting a lawyers letter too.

The way GM is carrying on is bound to be pissing a lot of people off,

Has he started employing bodyguards yet?

According to this he threatened Dominic keane by employing a gangster.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SHUT+IT..OR+ELSE%3B+Ex-football+chief+claims+gangster+threatened+him...-a0127910608

No too pleased by that from McMillan.

So it's acceptable to no try your arse during the 90 minutes on a saturday even though 2,000 fans have turned up and paid their good money to see you? Nut it isnae, we can all empathise with the situation but the one time that you can put all that shite to the back of your mind is during the 90 minutes on a saturday

Bit harsh. It's not that they aren't trying. I think morale and confidence is just pretty damned low at the minute.