Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What? There's no mention of that at all in the statement.

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=SPFL_Resolution&ID=11836

As I said, everyone knows the deal with the attendance figures and no one cares.

They've edited it. The oriignal claimed over 90,000 fans attended games at EEP last season.

Which is a blatant lie.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

They've edited it. The oriignal claimed over 90,000 fans attended games at EEP last season.

Which is a blatant lie.

Do I need to repeat myself on this? Seemingly I do. Everyone knows the deal with these figures. You seem to be the only who cares. Why? Why do you care?

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

Any thoughts on the futures of Andy Ryan and Callum Smith who have been on loan at Airdrie..   Ryan for some reason didn't hold down a place at the pars, was it mostly injuries or did he struggle at championship level.    Callum Smith great player has done really well,  his goals had dried up, but his overall game had improved,  best prospect we have had in loan for a while..

Ryan won't be back at Dunfermline, might get bigger offers than Airdrie though? Smith is an interesting one I'm not sure if he will be given one final season to prove himself at Dunfermline.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Ryan won't be back at Dunfermline, might get bigger offers than Airdrie though? Smith is an interesting one I'm not sure if he will be given one final season to prove himself at Dunfermline.

Both should be punted. They haven't cut it and we can't afford to carry such players.

I'm saddened that Ryan's time with us wasn't more positive. He truly seemed like a great prospect and scored some great goals, showed some fantastic awareness in the box. Couldn't get in ahead of Clark and McManus though, got injured had that Falkirk miss and went to shit. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Both should be punted. They haven't cut it and we can't afford to carry such players.

Exactly. They fall in to the same category as Ryan Williamson, in my opinion. We punted him and got a player that is miles better in Ryan Comrie.

I'd only keep Comrie out of those that are out of contract as well btw. 

Just now, DAFC. said:

Exactly. They fall in to the same category as Ryan Williamson, in my opinion. We punted him and got a player that is miles better in Ryan Comrie.

I'd only keep Comrie out of those that are out of contract as well btw. 

Who all is out of contract? Or is there a list somewhere?

Agree re keeping Comrie.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Who all is out of contract? Or is there a list somewhere?

Agree re keeping Comrie.

Out of contract:
Scully, Comrie (1yroption), Devine, Ashcroft, Morrison, Paton, Beadling, Thomson, Ryan, Smith.

On the fence with Beadling, Thomson and Paton. Do we give Thomson another year after being crocked and out of form for season 19/20? Would be a gamble. 

Edited by DAFC.

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Out of contract:
Scully, Comrie (1yroption), Devine, Ashcroft, Morrison, Paton, Beadling, Thomson, Ryan, Smith.

On the fence with Beadling, Thomson and Paton. Do we give Thomson another year after being crocked and out of form for season 19/20? Would be a gamble. 

I'd keep Beadling and Thomson. They should have been used far more than they were this season.

Ashcroft too probably. 

Punt the rest.

Comrie is the priority there, would be a big loss.   Thomson and beadling are more than good enough and Ashcroft has proven himself as well, ideally he wouldn’t be the certain starter he is currently but no reason to get rid.

Devine has been pretty good in 2020 but was poor for 18 months previous, i would accept him staying but we should be trying for better.

paton is a pretty important player in our side, we could maybe lose him but would need to find someone in a similar mould. 

Get rid of the rest.  

are we stuck with Edwards? 

Edit-depending on where we stand in may, if we have any certainty over the season starting at a reasonable time or if we can continue using the furlough scheme if players are re-signed.  It’s a high possibility that everyone out of contract in Scotland will be released if clubs are badly struggling.

Edited by parsforlife

Devine and Paton absolutely need punted. Devine is garbage and a few decent games doesn't change that. I can't see what Paton adds. He slows us down often.

Not sure if the furlough scheme can be used for players who are re-signed. I don't think it can.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Devine and Paton absolutely need punted. Devine is garbage and a few decent games doesn't change that. I can't see what Paton adds. He slows us down often.

Not sure if the furlough scheme can be used for players who are re-signed. I don't think it can.

Paton reads the game excellently.  That along with his leadership skills are absolutely vital in getting us points out of tight games, which there’s lots of in this league.  If he was technically more gifted he’d still be playing top 6.  

Devine, it’s proper just a outlier but I can’t help but feel optimistic that something has just clicked with him,  wether that’s OFW or Murray helping him out I’m not sure