Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Who is the bigger fool? Masterton or Bob Purvis for believing in him?

. Must be a close call.

We should probably wait until the extent of BP's bank borrowings comes out (and who approved them!) before having a go at him. Mind you, if the details and timing of the EEP loan are even half correct then somebody at the bank should end up in jail for p!ssing our hard earned public bail-out cash down Masterton's gold-plated shunkie in the EEP boardroom.

Meh, a quarter final at home to Falkirk would've provided a tremendous atmosphere, good crowd and something to look forward to.

Well back in 97 we beat you in round 4.

2009 we beat you in the semi.

Seems poetic that 2013 we beat you in a quarter final.

Given we are playing the winners of the Dunfermline vs Hamilton tie in the QF, how much money have Dunfermline cost themselves, and us, by getting knocked out?

Probably cost them a lot more than they lost you in real terms,

They would have budgeted for a crowd of 250k

Because Killie v Hibs is so attractive?

Probably find a bigger crowd would have went to Dunfermline v Falkirk than what that game will get.

Because its an all SPL tie, Hibs v Aberdeen got picked last round, they will get picked this round aswell. When was the last time a cup tie involving no team from the SPL or Sevco was shown on BBC or Sky?

I'm sorry we put you out of the cup - you could've done with a cup run and I wish we'd beaten one of the other teams instead. I've always liked Dunfermline, the fans seem very decent, no trouble outside the ground and no slagging Accies on your fan's websites unlike many teams. Almost always enjoy visiting EEP, had hospitality a couple of times and it's all very nice, Jim Leishman came in for a chat and Sol Bamba even won MOTM after (I think) his 1st game for DAFC against Hearts. Only time I didn't enjoy visiting EEP was in 1979 when Dundee Utd beat us 6-2 in the League Cup Semi.

Dunfermline fans deserve better.

Thanks for the nice words, mate. I'm sure we can all agree though, Accies deserved it on Saturday and practically strolled the game. I did hear a lot of nice words outside the ground though at 4:45; I heard many Pars fans congratulating Hamilton supporters of their victory and wished them well for the rest of their Scottish Cup run. I thought that was really quite nice considering the troubles on and off the field we've had to deal with recently!

Exactly, over 6 years ago. They didn't even show our Semi a few years back.

I know.

My point is though that 3 quarters will be live so 1 has to go.

It's a lot of easier to drop Hamilton v Falkirk than Dunfermline v Falkirk ahead of Killie v Hibs.

In all honesty I wouldn't want this game live as it gives too many fans the old pub excuse.

We wouldn't have had 17,000+ at Hampden In 09 if it was live.

My point was never this game would be live (read my wording) the point is it would give sky food for thought.

Edited by Gaz FFC