Walking Down The Halbeath Road

AJ being allowed another crack is to blame for that, especially on a two year contract. Some of the signings that season were truly horrific, all on decent money too.

Not a chance in hell is Nisbet staying. He’ll go for a lot of money in the summer. I’d like to keep ahold of Thomas and Afolabi. They have been impressive.

Thomas will more than likely return to Kilmarnock in the summer and stay put. Afolabi is still a long way away from being in Celtic’s first team so he’ll either be released or sent out on loan again. Absolutely no inside information of either of those but they seem like the most likely scenarios.

Im not seeing anything official. Kevin posted something on his instagram and nothing suggests anything is amiss I know thats clutching at straws. Hopefully its nonsense. 

If its true I'd stick Afolabi and Ethan Ross up front and see what happens. 

Tbf that doesn't say he'll be out for any length of time which is what he said...

Hopefully it's just a sprain or something minor. Alofabi and McGill actually did reasonably well together at Palmerston although McGill injured himself in training so who knows who the next cab off the rank would be? McCann is meant to be a forward even if he gets played out wide, Thomas could play there, we could play 4-3-3 with Thomas and Ross high and wide?

Is it fine to assume that these "high" earners were Hippolyte, the Longridge brothers, Higginbotham and perhaps Fez? I can't imagine the likes of Robinson, Durnan, Muirhead, Craigan and Williamson were on particularly high wages compared to who we have now. 

Even if we're paying the same as those last 5, we've completely leveled up the quality. 

Comrie > Williamson

Murray > Durnan (also Devine on current form beats anything he's played previously)

Nisbit > Muirhead/everyone

Craigan was a decent hand but with Turner and Paton in midfield and the full back positions covered, it was the correct decision.

Robinson trained part time and Williams looks a decent loan signing in Scully's place.

Also AJ effectively bought nearly four squads in three seasons.
He should never have been allowed to buy an entire new midfield because he made mistakes. All it did was get us beat in the playoffs.
Hes a good manager for organising a team on a big budget in league one. When competing with a level playing field hes hopeless. As seen now at QOTS.