Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Osha
Great question. 

Joe Cardles finest moment was against Falkirk on the first day of the season when we won 1-0, tied Marr in absolute knots. 
I wasn't at the game but I heard great things about Willie Gibson against Dundee. 
That was a superb, virtuoso performance on a horrible night. He played on the left for a change and I think Dundee went through 3 different right backs trying to contain him. Obviously the Kozma hat trick game was something special too, but we were locked out of the house with the season tickets inside and had to wait all afternoon for a locksmith so I missed it, to my constant regret.

Ian Westwater against Hearts in the League Cup quarter final against Hearts, when Allan Moore scored in extra time. Absolutely nothing got past him (clearly, it finished 1-0), but he was utterly sensational that night. Neil McCann probably had nightmares about him for months after it. 

There were a couple of Adam Hammill performances that were simply stunning. 

Greg Shields in the cup semi replay against Hibs. Fish out the highlights for that game and watch his clearance from the goal line at one point, probably the best save I've ever seen.

Stevie Crawford against Dundee in a 4-2 home win, hat trick. A great game but he was simply brilliant.

Probably forgetting many, many other obvious ones. 

A few to add here.

Joe cardle vs Partick thistle(and he only played the 2nd half) hat-trick + an assist.

Faiss vs Dundee in the league cup.

gibson in the first? Derby at starks when rovers first came up. Absolutely ruined Wilson.

Cardle vs Falkirk probably tops them but they’re certainly in the mix.

Edited by parsforlife

Aye Cardle vs Thistle was something else.

Hardie against them Wee Team has to be up there as well, for the sheer importance of it as well as the quality and contribution.

Jackie Mac is not a well man according to reports. Collapsed on his door step and was rushed into surgery...fingers crossed its not quite as serious as it could be. [emoji45]
Just saw similar on Twitter. Doesn't look good.

Hopefully he is better soon.

Screenshot_20200210-171003_Twitter.jpeg

9 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

First person to jump into my head is Adam Hammill.

He seemed to be a cut above everyone in the SPL for the short time he was with us. 

Hammil is without doubt the best player to play for us in the last 25 years, there’s many I’ve adored in that time but he was so far above everyone(including opposition) during the time he was at us.  It’s a shame he went off the rails afterwards because his move to wolves should have resulted in him being an EPL regular. Even during his time with us his attitude wasn’t 100%(he’s let everyone else get on with their warm-up and stand on the 18 yard line dinking shots into the net for example) but the talent more than made up for it. 

Edited by parsforlife

I mind after the first semi final against Hibs he was a a table in Life that was fucking stacked full of drinks people had bought him in a friendly gesture. Sat with him for a bit but I was almost as buckled as he was, poor guy. Was really nice though.

He's a legend in Barnsley (not like Hristov) though, they love a bit of Adam Hammill.

If he'd been able to focus away from the boozey Saturdays and whatever, he'd have been EPL star for sure.

One of the few things kenny got right.

Loan signings of O'Brien and hamill.

For a few games we looked amazing.

I remember kilmarnock and Jim Jeffries playing at eep. First their full back got booked then they swapped sides hacked Hamill again, booked. Then subbed and they got booked as well.

Hamill went off injured but continued.

Sunday league tactics, they couldn't cope with him.

He was also brought down for a penalty.

Anyone got links to some of the highlights of that time?

I mind the Scott Wilson winner vs Hearts was on Sky Sports News that night, must be on YouTube somewhere.

We apparently rejected £425k from Dundee United for Nizzy, glad the board didn't give in.

They must be confident we will sell him for more come summer, otherwise doesn't it contradict the aspiration of becoming a "selling club"?

Utd only bid £300.000 hibs two bids were 200.000 and 250.000 all rejected . if shankland had went in window they would have come back in with over 500.000 but it will happen in the summer

If he keeps doing what he's doing, then an English team will cough up much more, most likely breaking our transfer fee record, in the summer. 

I'm just enjoying watching him for as much as possible as he's 100% away.