Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Turner good player to bring on to chase a goal in a number 10 role. Instead we play him deep. Doesnt really work.

I know neither of them are that great, but Cammy Gill deserves to be in that team so much more than scully. In the second half where he sprinted about 20 yards to make a clearance, scully just wouldn't have done that.

I know neither of them are that great, but Cammy Gill deserves to be in that team so much more than scully. In the second half where he sprinted about 20 yards to make a clearance, scully just wouldn't have done that.

Gill does seem more likely to do the sweeper/keeper job. He’s pretty young and has plenty of time to improve his game but right now I’d prefer him to be developing elsewhere. But I do agree with him and scully the options he’s first choice.

Turner good player to bring on to chase a goal in a number 10 role. Instead we play him deep. Doesnt really work.

Quite a few have argued for turner to play the advanced role but imo he didn’t play well in that role when we went 4-2-3-1 just after Kiltie joined. I’d argue if we go with that formation ross would be more likely to play centrally.

Turner IMO has played best in a flat 3 but he’s not good enough for our side to play around him. If Paton is an requirement in Crawford’s mind then thomson/beadling should get the spare midfield slot.

I thought our midfield looked most impressive with Cochrane, Turner and Beadling, at least for controlling the middle of the park. 

Heard we're in talks wi Steven Maclean from Hearts

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Heard we're in talks wi Steven Maclean from Hearts

Would bring experience but not sure how long left he will keep playing. 

Maclean the new Brewster and Nisbet can be Crawford. Scenes.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Would bring experience but not sure how long left he will keep playing. 

Hes fit as f**k, and probably could still "play a role" for a top flight side.

Hearts have woefully misused him so its hard to really judge where he is now.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes fit as f**k, and probably could still "play a role" for a top flight side.

Hearts have woefully misused him so its hard to really judge where he is now.

When St Johnstone rested him on artificial surfaces do you think that was Wright being overly careful considering Hearts use his when they see fit.

If he's fit and hungry for a new challenge then I would welcome him but can see how he fits into our system.

Just now, 101 said:

When St Johnstone rested him on artificial surfaces do you think that was Wright being overly careful considering Hearts use his when they see fit.

He suffered, I think two, fairly serious knee injuries with us, and doctors advised that the harsher plastic surface would cause more wear/damage/pain to his knees, and potentially cause him to end his career before his body really needed too/cause him issues later in life.

Tommy Wright decided it wasn't worth the risk. Craig Levein didn't care. It'll be up to your manager as MacLean will want to play regardless.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He suffered, I think two, fairly serious knee injuries with us, and doctors advised that the harsher plastic surface would cause more wear/damage/pain to his knees, and potentially cause him to end his career before his body really needed too/cause him issues later in life.

Tommy Wright decided it wasn't worth the risk. Craig Levein didn't care. It'll be up to your manager as MacLean will want to play regardless.

Cheers RG sounds like he would be a good addition.

27 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We had a scout at the game last night to look at Nisbet. 

I don’t trust Lyle Lanley when it comes to spending money #monorail

This is Nisbets last season with The Pars, we know that. Hopefully we enjoy some belters over the next few months. 

14 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Craig Levein director of football?

Did this rumour start because he was the hospitality speaker on Saturday?

Did this rumour start because he was the hospitality speaker on Saturday?
Nah from the hearts forum.

Was Crawford at hearts when with Levin as DoF?

This does seem a little made up purely due to him being local and at the game on Friday.

Edit- yes he was back when hearts thought they’d become a decent side and liked Levein’s involved as he had helped Neilson develop.