Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I admire the work they put in. Pretty much full time and dont take a wage.

Decisions since AJ took us up have been getting worse though.

Not sure what the long term solution is? They are definitely pars fans and have the best interests behind the decisions but it's not working.

I agree, probably being a bit harsh on them. I think they have made a rod for their own back with the 'transparency' theme they tend to advocate all the time, yet it is very unclear what role Jackie Macnamara is playing at the club. I really thought they'd learn from the mistakes made on the footballing side with AJ. Can't really grumble at the general running of the club and living within our means but surely with the money made from Longridge at the end of last season we could have looked to bring in a tried and tested manager?

I don’t think we made that much from longridge tbh.

As a side note by far the best candidate available would have been hopkin if we got in early enough and things aren’t going that great at Morton either.

This window has been a disaster so far, we are considerably weaker. 6 players have departed and only 2 have come in.
Not brought in a keeper yet either which is essential.

Clarification of McNamara's role was something I harped on about for ages. Now I'm of the opinion that it genuinely doesnt matter.

This window has been a disaster so far, we are considerably weaker. 6 players have departed and only 2 have come in.

Still plenty of time. I’ve no doubt Craw is hard at work. Who we bring in is a totally different matter.

A Keeper is not on the list he's happy with what he has in that department

On 17/01/2020 at 09:11, D.A.F.C said:

I really dont understand why Hamilton and Livingston can do better?

Livvy were absolutely rookit and had sub 1000 crowds yet put together a great squad and got promoted twice ahead of teams with three times bigger attendances.

It's not a fluke or a one off either, when hopkin left I thought it would go tits up but if anything they're better now despite losing him and a few key players.

ICT also, struggling but somehow get the best out of players.

Our club hasn't been run well since Bert and Dick times. We've either overspent or made bad signings. If you take away the overspending compared to rivals we haven't won anything with actual good training or getting the most out of players.
We had a youth setup that was basically let's go and sign OF or SPL youth team rejects. Out of that we have had three players from about a hundred who have become first team players.

Still glad we survived and at least we are spending within budget now.

It was exclusively good management. Alex Neil is probably the best manager to manage in the second tier at least of the last 20 years. David Hopkin is clearly a dud however David Martindale who runs the show is an excellent manager and John Robertson is a good management with good connections who consistently has teams punching higher than they 'ought' to be. In that time we have had Jeffries, who had off field problems but failed to get us promoted. Then John Potter who is a great coach but no where near a manager. Allan Johnston who is a steady bottom half of the championship manager and now Crawford who looks to be somewhere between Potter and AJ. If we had a manager in the same mould of the three teams you mentioned then our problems would be far out of sight. However the clubs who you mention either got lucky (no one knew Neil would be as good as he was) took a risk (Martindale's past isn't to everyone's taste) or used their previous relationship (I doubt Robertson would manage anyone else other than ICT or Hearts)

All we need is a class manger.

He should get sacked for that alone if he thinks they are good enough
Don't listen to that wee fanny, he just talks shit.

Crawford's tranfer dealings are pretty decent apart from Scully,  and I trust him to find a few good players in this window. The problem is that he doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the players or find the right balances in the team. If he wants to stay in the job he must pull off two gem signings at GK and CB. His tenure as DAFC manager depends on it.

It's a shame cause I really like Scully and he was superb when he was with us on loan in league 1. We've seen it in glimpses this time around (Celtic away). Maybe needs taken out the firing line for a few games.

It's a shame cause I really like Scully and he was superb when he was with us on loan in league 1. We've seen it in glimpses this time around (Celtic away). Maybe needs taken out the firing line for a few games.

I think he just needs binned totally tbh. He is absolutely rank.

If we don’t get a replacement keeper in then we’re screwed. I would rather give Gil a game.

48 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I think he just needs binned totally tbh. He is absolutely rank.

If we don’t get a replacement keeper in then we’re screwed. I would rather give Gil a game.

He was superb against Ayr down at Somerset, flapped at a few crosses vs Morton at home then dropped. Mad.

Gill isn't that good either though. Thank f**k we were up 5 zip against Thistle as he got nowhere a free kick taken from just outside the old Shell garage.

Both gill and scully will/have cost us points, gill is the only one who has put in a performance to earn us points. Therefore should probably be the one to play.  I’d rather not play either of them tho and Crawford really needs to get someone signed up ASAP that can be reliable.

Both gill and scully will/have cost us points, gill is the only one who has put in a performance to earn us points. Therefore should probably be the one to play.  I’d rather not play either of them tho and Crawford really needs to get someone signed up ASAP that can be reliable.
Dunno, gill lost the united away game for us. Both dodgy.

Congrats to Stevie managed to go the whole weekend without getting beat. Jurgen Klopp watch out.

Gill isn't that good either though. Thank f**k we were up 5 zip against Thistle as he got nowhere a free kick taken from just outside the old Shell garage.

Scullys form really nose dived after being taken to the hospital during the Stranraer game don't know if that injury has effected his confidence coming off his line, not that he was ever that good.