Walking Down The Halbeath Road

28 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

We lost to Morton 1-0 on the second last day but other results meant it was impossible for us to be relegated, due mainly to the fact 2 of the teams (QOS & Partick) were playing each other.

Okay second last day. Yay. 

Also, I approve another central midfielder. Just what we need right now. 

That's the point I was trying to make. As much as we had a decent 5 game winning run, we had terrible runs on the opposite ends of it. 

It really is pathetic we're discussing this when there's two part-timers in the league and utter dross like Morton and QoS. Should be light-years ahead of these clubs, no disrespect. 

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

That's the point I was trying to make. As much as we had a decent 5 game winning run, we had terrible runs on the opposite ends of it. 

It really is pathetic we're discussing this when there's two part-timers in the league and utter dross like Morton and QoS. Should be light-years ahead of these clubs, no disrespect. 

Wouldn't go that far but there's no reason with good recruitment and coaching that we shouldn't be able to be performing a lot better.

I really dont understand why Hamilton and Livingston can do better?

Livvy were absolutely rookit and had sub 1000 crowds yet put together a great squad and got promoted twice ahead of teams with three times bigger attendances.

It's not a fluke or a one off either, when hopkin left I thought it would go tits up but if anything they're better now despite losing him and a few key players.

ICT also, struggling but somehow get the best out of players.

Our club hasn't been run well since Bert and Dick times. We've either overspent or made bad signings. If you take away the overspending compared to rivals we haven't won anything with actual good training or getting the most out of players.
We had a youth setup that was basically let's go and sign OF or SPL youth team rejects. Out of that we have had three players from about a hundred who have become first team players.

Still glad we survived and at least we are spending within budget now.

I really dont understand why Hamilton and Livingston can do better?

Livvy were absolutely rookit and had sub 1000 crowds yet put together a great squad and got promoted twice ahead of teams with three times bigger attendances.

It's not a fluke or a one off either, when hopkin left I thought it would go tits up but if anything they're better now despite losing him and a few key players.

ICT also, struggling but somehow get the best out of players.

Our club hasn't been run well since Bert and Dick times. We've either overspent or made bad signings. If you take away the overspending compared to rivals we haven't won anything with actual good training or getting the most out of players.
We had a youth setup that was basically let's go and sign OF or SPL youth team rejects. Out of that we have had three players from about a hundred who have become first team players.

Still glad we survived and at least we are spending within budget now.
It's a harsh truth to hear but you're bang on the money.

13 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

The only season when we went about things "the right way" was 13/14 and that was pretty much forced upon us.

We'd have won that league at a canter. Unfortunately, the Sevco Circus Show were in town that season. 

Jason Cummings only appeared 14 times for Shrewsbury this season out of 24 games. Only managed 3 goals. Possible loan move if wages suit Shrewsbury? Looks like a bench-warmer going by transfermarkt. 

Jason Cummings only appeared 14 times for Shrewsbury this season out of 24 games. Only managed 3 goals. Possible loan move if wages suit Shrewsbury? Looks like a bench-warmer going by transfermarkt. 

Far too good for this league. Return to Hibs would be more likely.