Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:
14 hours ago, Grant228 said:
I'm not a fan of Crawford, and I still wouldn't take Lennon. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49889805

"Give me 20-25 kids, and I would take them away to an island for five years" 

Danny Lennon is a nonce, pass it on...

An ellipsis has three dots, hth. 

Disgusting thoughts from a fifer. No suprised really.

You've got a striker that had sex with a woman against her will and a manager that wants to take a bunch of kids to an island for five years.

I'd be ashamed to support Clyde tbh.

From conversation had with a former director today, you're going to be waiting a long time ma man.

If that’s true then I’m really not looking forward to a play-off against the Wee Team or Falkirk.

In all seriousness, Alloa are probably going to get cut adrift and will fill the 10th spot nicely. I think our hope is that Arbroath, being part-time, will feel the hit of the winter months, injuries etc resulting in their form being slightly more shit than ours.

Problem is, even at that, Arbroath seem to have the guts to grind out results at tough away grounds, whereas we totally shit the bed.

Depressing indeed.

If we lose to dundee the crowd will get angry. Especially if it's down to mistakes.
TBH the league is that rubbish that we could win the next five. Unlikely but who knows?

We can certainly win our next 5 (well 4, we always lose to Dundee United, it’s the law), this side only does things by the extreme. 1 or 2 more decent runs are we’d be safe, problem is we do so poor during our bad spells it’s a very dodgy way to go about things.

There will be some anger if bad mistakes cost us (especially if from Devine/scully) but we’re nowhere near how things were at the end of AJ’s term and that might just save Crawford.

but we’re nowhere near how things were at the end of AJ’s term and that might just save Crawford.

Eh? We’re literally right back to square one. Floating just above relegation off the back of some horrendous results. Indeed, it’s the exact same as the end of AJ’s tenure.

In fact, forget that, Crawford nearly got us relegated! I know there were about 5 teams involved in that scrap in the last few games of the season, but it really didn’t seem as if we were going to sink that low under AJ, although the situation was extremely dire and he 100% had to go.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Eh? We’re literally right back to square one. Floating just above relegation off the back of some horrendous results. Indeed, it’s the exact same as the end of AJ’s tenure.

In fact, forget that, Crawford nearly got us relegated! I know there were about 5 teams involved in that scrap in the last few games of the season, but it really didn’t seem as if we were going to sink that low under AJ, although the situation was extremely dire and he 100% had to go.

To clarify I’m not taking about performances, more atmosphere/fans anger at games. 

I think we'd have ended up in the relegation play offs if we kept him last season.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I think we'd have ended up in the relegation play offs if we kept him last season.

Definitely. Sticking around with Fez and Shitolyte up front wasn't solving anything. Crawford somehow...SOMEHOW managed to band together a bunch of 1-0 wins that just did enough. Then we shat the bed for 5 games in a row and nearly ended up back in the play off spot at the bottom. Infact, IIRC if results had gone completely fucked up on the last day we would have finished 9th. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Definitely. Sticking around with Fez and Shitolyte up front wasn't solving anything. Crawford somehow...SOMEHOW managed to band together a bunch of 1-0 wins that just did enough. Then we shat the bed for 5 games in a row and nearly ended up back in the play off spot at the bottom. Infact, IIRC if results had gone completely fucked up on the last day we would have finished 9th. 

We lost to Morton 1-0 on the second last day but other results meant it was impossible for us to be relegated, due mainly to the fact 2 of the teams (QOS & Partick) were playing each other.

Edited by da_no_1