Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can also remember Yorkston (think it was him) had a couple of jokes that went down well in the room. Think the first was about Cowdenbeath getting relegated, then he thought he was on a roll and made a joke about McCoist. Got about half the reaction as the first one, but I think he'll be happy with that.

Look out Jimmy Carr. Mind you, he knows how to avoid his tax liabilities :)

I was there when the guy started talking about the auction and stuff. I can't even explain what it was like, just surreal. Like something from a comedy sketch almost. I think he was being serious though.

After that I decided it was about time to feck off and go home.

And that's nowhere near as bad as it got

Ok an interesting evening at the "Pars Alive" meeting tonight. Will just go through the notes I took during the meeting and what I think were the key points.

• Home crowds are up but blame for cash flow issues was placed on very low away crowds and lack of home fixtures. The example given was Rovers who overall brought 2000 less to EEP this season compared to our last season in the First Division.

Loving this one. It wasn't the years over overspending and chasing the SPL dream which done Dunfermline in. Nope, it was that pesky wee team from along the coast who failed to turn up in their diddy numbers.

You missed out the guy talking about an auction? I had it on as background noise but it went a little like: "Just any little things...someone offered his services as a gardener for a day...I thought that was nice. Someone gave £80!" and "one time we went to auction and I had nothing and someone bought nothing off me for £20! I thought that was nice." If that was anyone here, sorry, but my ears were bleeding when he was talking. Which was for about 10 minutes listing a load of these relatively trivial things.

taking the piss out of someone who's raised nearly £600 for Pars Alive - nice!

Poor or deliberately shit example on the away crowd blame thing.

Two full time sides going for the title against this season's mis-match?

Duhhhh.....

"In-Fighting caused a massive sponsor to go cold" ? Pish!

Club owings are all to GM huh? And who does he owe money to then... ;-)

Good luck unloading this fanny pars....

I can also remember Yorkston (think it was him) had a couple of jokes that went down well in the room. Think the first was about Cowdenbeath getting relegated, then he thought he was on a roll and made a joke about McCoist. Got about half the reaction as the first one, but I think he'll be happy with that.

Wonder who will get the last laugh!

Loving this one. It wasn't the years over overspending and chasing the SPL dream which done Dunfermline in. Nope, it was that pesky wee team from along the coast who failed to turn up in their diddy numbers.

That is a fact though. The away support at the 2 derbies this season is down from 2 seasons ago by a significant amount (for whatever reasons).

Not that we should be budgeting for large away supports anyway...............

That is a fact though. The away support at the 2 derbies this season is down from 2 seasons ago by a significant amount (for whatever reasons).

Not that we should be budgeting for large away supports anyway...............

I'm going to take a wild and uneducated guess that it's because the derbies this season weren't top of the table clashes or title deciders.

Not sure how I've come up with that, I'm certainly not a "professional accountant" so I've no real business suggesting how Dunfermline would budget.

I'm going to take a wild and uneducated guess that it's because the derbies this season weren't top of the table clashes or title deciders.

Not sure how I've come up with that, I'm certainly not a "professional accountant" so I've no real business suggesting how Dunfermline would budget.

Even though the games aren't "top of the table clashes" I'd still have expected better away supports. 1300 on the 2nd january was piss poor IMO.