Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Why 21? Players are classed as overage in the development league at 20, therefore surely anyone 20/21 signed needs to be considered a first team player.

Edit- ridiculously does that mean that queens could decide at the start of March they want to bring another keeper in cos they don’t have any fit goalkeepers over 21 despite running the full season with McCrorie as number 1?

No it doesnt. If we consciously chose to run with none, as have Ayr, then you still need one to be medically signed unfit to apply.

Edit - and there is no such thing as a Development League any more.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

No it doesnt. If we consciously chose to run with none, as have Ayr, then you still need one to be medically signed unfit to apply.
Edit - and there is no such thing as a Development League any more.

Well yeah it’s been called reserve league for a few years but it’s basically the same thing(tho it’s seems very recently you can now play a team of players any age? There used to always be a need for it to be a mix) if we aren’t using that then the next basis would be youth cup, so anyone over 18.

Any requirement for who is declared unfit(apart from being over 16?) it just seems a dodgy loophole that allows clubs not to worry about the quality of the reserve keeper cos if 1st choice gets hurt you can get a loan in. How many clubs have 3 over 21 keepers?

17 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

Aidan Keena signs for Hartlepool United on a permanent deal. Oh well

Am I the only one that didn't think he was that good? I mean, yeah he's a better option than McCann and McGill, but we could probably do a lot better. 

Keena did okay for us, considering how poor a team we had last season. Think he could've done a job in this squad, hopefully with Ryan and the loanees going Crawford has something lined up to replace these guys. I agree Anderson was probably an all round better player. Eager to see who we bring in to replace the losses we've had on the playing staff

Worth remembering Crawford made these signings that we're gutted to see leaving, and more. His signing record is actually very good so far, so give him the benefit of the doubt that he can bring in some decent players again.

Worth remembering Crawford made these signings that we're gutted to see leaving, and more. His signing record is actually very good so far, so give him the benefit of the doubt that he can bring in some decent players again.
Too sensible a comment for the outrage across the fanbase at the moment (not on here I may add)

52 minutes ago, smpar said:

I have faith he'll bring in decent players, might be too late for tomorrow though. 

His first team signings have been decent, the ones from England... 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I have faith he'll bring in decent players, might be too late for tomorrow though. 

His first team signings have been decent, the ones from England... 

English lower league diddies gonna diddy.

I'm gutted about Kiltie going, but Ross will be an automatic replacement for McDonald and Cochrane never really got going. I've every faith Crawford will get players in, but I still think we needed something sorted before this weekend's game as this is crucial with fellow strugglers. 

Edited by DAFC.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

There ye go.