Parscelona

Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Can't have been great for him that we suddenly lose and concede 4.

He was quite flappy on crosses especially later on he was coming for things that were never his, I don’t know if that was a result of losing trust in his center backs or purely just being Scully.

He made a couple of good saves and wasn’t at fault for any of the goals.  

Bottom line, neither Scully or Gill have shown they are a reliable No 1 moving forward.

I'd try and get Cerny on loan from Aberdeen if it was at all feasible.

Cerny would be a huge boost.

Goalkeeper is our weakest area just now and if we can get someone of quality in then that needs to be the priority in January.

I had thought previously that we could try and squeeze Alloa out and get McDonald on loan with us but it looks like he played for killie in the Europa league which I believe means he can’t play for another club this season.

Center back should be fine once Murray and Lang return. Wingers might be a problem if either McDonald or Kiltie get recalled/coley injury is long term. Think we’re good everywhere else ideally another experienced option.

ETA-

To be absolutely ridiculous Micheal McGovern. 3rd choice for Norwich, we have some form of connection with them(coley) and maybe he’ll want a few months of regular football in the run up to euro 2020(play-offs initially) plus as mentioned there’s an ex-Falkirk quota that isn’t being currently met.

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Center back should be fine once Murray and Lang return. Wingers might be a problem if either McDonald or Kiltie get recalled/coley injury is long term. Think we’re good everywhere else ideally another experienced option.

We don't really know what Murray, Lang and McDonald will bring to the table, as they have four competitive appearances between them.

We don't really know what Murray, Lang and McDonald will bring to the table, as they have four competitive appearances between them.

We don’t know exactly but if we consider them good enough signings originally then there’s nothing to say we can’t move forward on that basis.

We have as much(if not slightly more) to judge them on than any potential signing.

According to one of the rags, us and Thistle are in for Jamie Barjonas from rangers on loan. Can remember we were linked with him in the summer.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Pish. Murray and Lang are the new Nesta Maldini.

Correct. Sick of the typical Fifer attitude talking these players down. Maldini is quoted saying Murray and Lang are better CB's than he ever was*

*Probably 

19 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Cerny would be a huge boost.

He would be an exceptional signing. 

Coley, Cochrane and McDonald returning to their parent clubs should free up some wages. 

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Want to make it clear that my idea of Cerny on loan came purely from looking at what keepers were on the bench in the Premiership at the weekend.

I don't have SCOOPS~!

^^^

been told to rein in by his inside source IMO

Someone is going to look foolish when he goes to the game wearing his CERNY #13 shirt he got for Christmas.

Speaking of which, and based on listening to part one of the Golazzo podcast about Luca Vialli, I remember playing Rangers at home early in the season when the Italian was rumoured to be joining them (as was every Tom, Dick and Harry) and seeing a Rangers fan with their new shirt and VIALLI 9 on the back. I think on the way home in the car they announced he had signed for Chelsea that same day.

Happy Christmas lads.

Thanks for supporting the first ever P&B jobber fund! Hope you enjoyed the DAHT advent calendar.

Here's to 2020!

I see Marv is to get a BEM very well deserved, shame so many celebrities get honours for doing their work which dilutes the honour system. Marv is probably the most dedicated volunteer working at the club! 

Tbf we’ve had Ayr’s number this season and they are also in free-fall, so a victory could well happen. The next two games are very winnable.

I honestly think we are a goalkeeper short of the play offs. What ever combination back 4 we have they utterly shit themselves I put that down to having no faith in the keeper behind them, I will freely admit that our midfield we poor against Alloa but swapping Turner for Beadling should have been the obvious swap. What goalkeepers do you think we should be after in January or the summer? 

I would be interested to see if Motherwell extend Trevor Carson's contract if so they might send him out on loan to get game time before he challenges for their number 1 jersey. Rangers are hoping to cut their cloth in the January window and with Wes Foderinham clearly out of favour he might be willing to get out on loan to get some games before he becomes a free agent in the summer. Both could easily play for Premiership clubs but not sure if their clubs would want them going to clubs in the same division.

As for a permanent replacement if we could get Jamie McDonald in the summer it would be excellent other than that I'm not sure there are many stand out choices of free agents. Avoiding Cammy Bell would also be great