Walking Down The Halbeath Road

25 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

What’s happened to Andy Ryan with you’s?Hardly scored and wasn’t in the squad on Saturday?

He's injured been struggling this season and also behind Nisbet as we generally play a front 3

What’s happened to Andy Ryan with you’s?Hardly scored and wasn’t in the squad on Saturday?

Squad player. He’s picking up a few knocks here and there which hasn’t helped but his main issue is far more effective as a sub. He has a habit of coming on a few games in a row, making a difference and grabbing a goal or two, get given a starting spot and achieve nothing, dropping out and then pick up a knock before we start the process over again.

Squad player. He’s picking up a few knocks here and there which hasn’t helped but his main issue is far more effective as a sub. He has a habit of coming on a few games in a row, making a difference and grabbing a goal or two, get given a starting spot and achieve nothing, dropping out and then pick up a knock before we start the process over again.

What’s the chances him coming back to us?

8 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I honestly think we are a goalkeeper short of the play offs. What ever combination back 4 we have they utterly shit themselves I put that down to having no faith in the keeper behind them, I will freely admit that our midfield we poor against Alloa but swapping Turner for Beadling should have been the obvious swap. What goalkeepers do you think we should be after in January or the summer? 

I would be interested to see if Motherwell extend Trevor Carson's contract if so they might send him out on loan to get game time before he challenges for their number 1 jersey. Rangers are hoping to cut their cloth in the January window and with Wes Foderinham clearly out of favour he might be willing to get out on loan to get some games before he becomes a free agent in the summer. Both could easily play for Premiership clubs but not sure if their clubs would want them going to clubs in the same division.

As for a permanent replacement if we could get Jamie McDonald in the summer it would be excellent other than that I'm not sure there are many stand out choices of free agents. Avoiding Cammy Bell would also be great

Are you forgetting where Dunfermline are just now? Absolutely mental shouts.

Carson is being linked with Aberdeen, and Foderingham with English Championship sides. Jamie McDonald has played for two sides this season already. Theres also zero chance Aberdeen are loaning out Cerny to the second tier.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you forgetting where Dunfermline are just now? Absolutely mental shouts.

Carson is being linked with Aberdeen, and Foderingham with English Championship sides. Jamie McDonald has played for two sides this season already. Theres also zero chance Aberdeen are loaning out Cerny to the second tier.

I saw Carson being linked with Aberdeen in the summer, but will depend if Motherwell fancy keeping him, like I said of they do I would imagine he may be sent away to get some game time considering he hasn't played all season. Foderinham is no where near Championship level down south and also no where near good enough for Rangers or any top 6 team in the Premiership - hence why I said if Rangers fancy off loading him as they have said they will have to do with then it doesn't seem totally insane that he would go to a club where he would play for 5 months putting him in the shop window for bigger teams.

I said McDonald would be a good replacement in the summer after which the 2 club rule won't matter (at the end of the season) As for Cerny I didn't suggest him as like you say the Dons will be keeping a hold of him if it looks like Carson will stay with Motherwell.

Just now, Adam101 said:

I saw Carson being linked with Aberdeen in the summer, but will depend if Motherwell fancy keeping him, like I said of they do I would imagine he may be sent away to get some game time considering he hasn't played all season. Foderinham is no where near Championship level down south and also no where near good enough for Rangers or any top 6 team in the Premiership - hence why I said if Rangers fancy off loading him as they have said they will have to do with then it doesn't seem totally insane that he would go to a club where he would play for 5 months putting him in the shop window for bigger teams.

I said McDonald would be a good replacement in the summer after which the 2 club rule won't matter (at the end of the season) As for Cerny I didn't suggest him as like you say the Dons will be keeping a hold of him if it looks like Carson will stay with Motherwell.

Motherwell, Aberdeen and Livingston have all offered Carson a contract. I've no idea what your logic about Motherwell loaning him out is all about, every sensible club has two keepers capable of being first choice, it would make zero sense for Motherwell to loan him out.

Foderingham was linked with Middlesbrough and Birmingham about two days ago. I doubt anyone bigger than that will have a nibble because he played for a middling Scottish Championship side for 6 months.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell, Aberdeen and Livingston have all offered Carson a contract. I've no idea what your logic about Motherwell loaning him out is all about, every sensible club has two keepers capable of being first choice, it would make zero sense for Motherwell to loan him out.

Foderingham was linked with Middlesbrough and Birmingham about two days ago. I doubt anyone bigger than that will have a nibble because he played for a middling Scottish Championship side for 6 months.

I didn't realise that Carson was back in the match squads and clearly not as out of shape as I thought he might be.

I assume Foderinham was linked to be their second choice keeper unless Middlesbrough and Brimingham are hoping on getting relegated. I would hope that a steady keeper would take us from middling championship club to promotion playoffs.

Great to see Euan Murray back in action today either him or Lang have to start along side Ashcroft on Saturday and move Martin out to the left.

Needing a goalie at this stage if the season is usually a difficult task. Last season we got Scully as he was unhappy at topping and tailing with Gaston for the number 1 spot at Morton.

We'd probably be looking at a similar situation if a new goalie is to come in. Darren Jaimeson or Denis Mehmet probably more realistic than Trevor Carson [emoji23]

50 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A Happy New Year when it comes to all fellow P&B Pars.

May 2020 bring us all happiness, joy and laughter - or failing that a new keeper and Joe Cardle.

At this rate I'd have Joe Cardle in goals :wub: