Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Haven't been to many games lately but results are certainly picking up, which is a positive. Are we actually playing any better in general or are we getting a few breaks we didn't previously?

Queens and Alloa games have to squeeze out at least another four points from those two IMO.

I missed last night but it’s a mixture.  Dow back fit and kiltie joining has given us creativity in the side that was a big miss. I think also we are beginning to see a lot better from Paton since coming back from injury he’s never going to be a superstar but he’s no longer looking too out of place. 

our 2 worst performances by far in the 1st quarter were vs Arbroath and united. And whilst we still got beat vs united we weren’t overrun like at east end  and we’ve just beaten Arbroath. Progress. 

we have got a few breaks but I’m quite a bit of a believer in ‘make your own luck’ I’m quite reluctant to blame the poor spell on not getting any luck so it would be harsh to write off the better results as lucky. 

39 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Haven't been to many games lately but results are certainly picking up, which is a positive. Are we actually playing any better in general or are we getting a few breaks we didn't previously?

Queens and Alloa games have to squeeze out at least another four points from those two IMO.

We are looking better. The back four are solid. The attacking players are linking up better. That's the two main reasons we have improved.

I would say the first evidence of improvement started as far back as the home defeat to Inverness and we have steadily improved since. Still a good bit more to improve if we want promotion play-off but the potential is there. If we get Joe Thomson back in the midfield and find a better keeper we could yet gave a good season, as long as injuries are kind to us too.

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We are looking better. The back four are solid. The attacking players are linking up better. That's the two main reasons we have improved.

I would say the first evidence of improvement started as far back as the home defeat to Inverness and we have steadily improved since. Still a good bit more to improve if we want promotion play-off but the potential is there. If we get Joe Thomson back in the midfield and find a better keeper we could yet gave a good season, as long as injuries are kind to us too.

I was at the Caley game and we struggled our way into a performances before Devine gave them a huge helping hand. It wasn't great by any means but was clearly better than the embarrassing United display.

Agree about the new keeper. Scully or Gill don't give you confidence and neither is good enough for a top four side, even though that's a very low bar at this level. Thomson in for Tuner would seem like a good chance in the coming months.

I missed last night but it’s a mixture.  Dow back fit and kiltie joining has given us creativity in the side that was a big miss. I think also we are beginning to see a lot better from Paton since coming back from injury he’s never going to be a superstar but he’s no longer looking too out of place. 
our 2 worst performances by far in the 1st quarter were vs Arbroath and united. And whilst we still got beat vs united we weren’t overrun like at east end  and we’ve just beaten Arbroath. Progress. 
we have got a few breaks but I’m quite a bit of a believer in ‘make your own luck’ I’m quite reluctant to blame the poor spell on not getting any luck so it would be harsh to write off the better results as lucky. 
I thought the Morton game was just as bad tbh.

52 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

United did play very well on the day but we were awful. Should have been 5 or 6.

Yep. Don't even know what our tactics were. Got cut open at every opportunity and treated the ball like a hot totty. Probably should have been 6 if it wasn't for poor finishing from United. 

24 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Yep. Don't even know what our tactics were. Got cut open at every opportunity and treated the ball like a hot totty. Probably should have been 6 if it wasn't for poor finishing from United. 

Pawlett missed from a yard out + a missed penalty.  Even with that I felt united knew at 2-0 they had the game in the bag and we were no threat, they were content with that score line with anything else a bonus.  

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Pawlett missed from a yard out + a missed penalty.  Even with that I felt united knew at 2-0 they had the game in the bag and we were no threat, they were content with that score line with anything else a bonus.  

Stuart Morrison performance was honestly horrifying. Crawford has shown a lot of faith in the young lads but he couldn't get him out the team quick enough after that. He's only made one brief sub appearance in the last two months. I think Shankland broke the poor lad.

Anyway, it's starting to look a bit brighter so fingers crossed the team get another positive result on Sat. I'd really like a good performance as well, though, just to show we are progressing and getting better as the season goes on.