Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It really is an utter disgrace that there are 2 midweek games scheduled(away vs Arbroath is a Wednesday night)  and yet nothing at all has been arranged for Boxing Day or new year.  Whoever decided that should be sacked.

Agreed. Total nonsense. The festive fixtures are also always well attended.

Think it's more to do with what day of the week Xmas falls on than decision making tbh.  Not ideal having a game on boxing day (a Thursday this year) then one on the saturday. Not as if our 'festive' fixtures are anything to be excited about this year.

4 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

What's the script with the Brian hatred?

He's a massive arsehole who fawned over Masterton and Yorkston and removed any criticism of them from .net. He actively tried to silence folk from discussing concerns about the finances. He was their wee propaganda puppet and kept lapping their arses almost until the very end. He also took his wee website hugely serious and made what was once a decent place to discuss the club a boring load of crap with hilariously over the top censorship.

He genuinely seems to believe that he's some sort of important club figure as well, and was trying for years to get control of the official website.

Plus he's a total p***k of a guy.

Edited by DA Baracus

Full fixture card on Tuesday night.
Dread to think of what the crowd will be if we lose on Saturday.

I can't see Saturday's game having any impact on the crowd on Tuesday seeing as it's Dundee Utd away. Had the midweek game been Queen of the South and we lost a Saturday game to Alloa or Arbroath or something I could see one or two folk giving up a midweek fixture but the crowd will be made up of the usual folk who go to midweek games with the faraway Pars who can only make Saturdays and maybe folk who have something on with the family missing out (I have a Parents Night but I'm hoping to be done by 7.00).

Think it's more to do with what day of the week Xmas falls on than decision making tbh.  Not ideal having a game on boxing day (a Thursday this year) then one on the saturday. Not as if our 'festive' fixtures are anything to be excited about this year.

We used to have Boxing Day games on Thursday followed by a game on the Sunday then either Wednesday 1st or Thursday 2nd Jan, so that isn't an excuse. The Premiership also routinely have a round of fixtures between Christmas and New Year (presumably at Sky's insistence?) no matter which day Boxing Day falls on. In recent years we've had games on the 23rd or Christmas Eve which are arguably more difficult for folk and have seen much lower crowds than you'd get for a Boxing Day match.

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
He's a massive arsehole who fawned over Masterton and Yorkston and removed any criticism of them from .net. He actively tried to silence folk from discussing concerns about the finances. He was their wee propaganda puppet and kept lapping their arses almost until the very end. He also took his wee website hugely serious and made what was once a decent place to discuss the club a boring load of crap with hilariously over the top censorship.

He genuinely seems to believe that he's some sort of important club figure as well, and was trying for years to get control of the official website.

Pretty sure he does run the official website, or at least heavily involved, there is a tendency for both to go down at the same time + all the pars tv content is posted pretty quick.

.net can be hilarious at times, the masterton arselicking was pretty serious and could have threatened the club, however things like half the forum being banned cos they were trying to put a stop to a bullshit rumour that Hemmings was signing were genuinely good fun

Edited by parsforlife

Don’t want to drag up rubbish but worst thing I experienced on there was from another admin who is still heavily involved with the club.

I posted a thread questioning the runs in the cup and league position and suggested it was all worthless because we spent money we didn’t have and ultimately won nothing. This guy then provoked me and left my name up for everyone to see. I went mental and then he edited his post to remove the swearing threats and my name as if it didn’t happen. He then black carded me and it looked really bad as if I’d went mental for no reason.

Utter thundercunt of a man. I saw him once walking his dog and it’s the only time I’ve ever thought about sucker punching someone.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Can mind playing St Johnstone on Xmas eve in 2011. Got skudded 3 zip. Awful day.

Relive some of the worst defending and goalkeeping ever seen at East End!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/16334662

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Don’t want to drag up rubbish but worst thing I experienced on there was from another admin who is still heavily involved with the club.

I posted a thread questioning the runs in the cup and league position and suggested it was all worthless because we spent money we didn’t have and ultimately won nothing. This guy then provoked me and left my name up for everyone to see. I went mental and then he edited his post to remove the swearing threats and my name as if it didn’t happen. He then black carded me and it looked really bad as if I’d went mental for no reason.

Utter thundercunt of a man. I saw him once walking his dog and it’s the only time I’ve ever thought about sucker punching someone.

Aye they used to edit folks' posts fairly often. They once did it to make it look like someone was mocking the disabled just because that person had called them on something before. The admins are/were scumbag cowars to a man, all led by the chief scumbag coward.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/16334662

Aye they used to edit folks' posts fairly often. They once did it to make it look like someone was mocking the disabled just because that person had called them on something before. The admins are/were scumbag cowars to a man, all led by the chief scumbag coward.

They also let some tosser create a thread whereby he openly abused and ridiculed an older woman. She did so much for the club including running the buses and later raised thousands at the shop selling strips and scarves. Where were all the arseholes? Some fans.

edit was it that peter guy they involved? He was the only decent one involved.

Edited by D.A.F.C

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

They also let some tosser create a thread whereby he openly abused and ridiculed an older woman. She did so much for the club including running the buses and later raised thousands at the shop selling strips and scarves. Where were all the arseholes? Some fans.

edit was it that peter guy they involved? He was the only decent one involved.

Nah it was another guy but think they drove Peter from the site as well.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/16334662.

I’ve seen Keddie shield the ball into his own net. I know those goals are bad(really bad) but nothing else compares to that.

Show anyone that Morton game and try and convince them that’s a title winning side just about to go 12 games unbeaten and finish 10 points clear, how fucking hard would that be!

I’ve seen Keddie shield the ball into his own net. I know those goals are bad(really bad) but nothing else compares to that. Show anyone that Morton game and try and convince them that’s a title winning side just about to go 12 games unbeaten and finish 10 points clear, how fucking hard would that be!

Was honestly unreal. I was convinced we'd fucked it that day. Travelled to Falkirk the following week expecting a bit of a doing if am honest. However, we didn't and the rest, as they says, is history.

Nah it was another guy but think they drove Peter from the site as well.
P carded dished up their own black card; self perma-ban was top work!

I spent a few days winding them up about data protection/ processing because an admin causing problems lived outside the EU. Got a 'you can delete your account if you want' message from Brian in a brilliant display of burying his head in the sand/ not getting it. Got bored quite quickly because it was so easy to tie him in knots....

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Disagree, I see him in the pub fairly regularly and he's a decent bloke. He absolutely, unequivocally got things wrong during the Masterton era but times a great healer, ParsTv is an absolutely invaluable service for fans who live a distance away from the ground aswell. 

He's not terribly suited to being the admin of a forum because bizarrely he doesn't understand humour through the Internet. However he is a decent bloke. 

14 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Can mind playing St Johnstone on Xmas eve in 2011. Got skudded 3 zip. Awful day.

Christ.