Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

There's absolutely no lack of effort, you're right it's decision making and perhaps a lack of bodies getting in the box? That's perhaps why in general we don't concede very many?

Lack of bodies in the box is a good point, turner does alright at getting in positions on the edge of the box and beadling has occasional arrived late in the box but not nearly enough,  nobody is really making the runs that the likes of bell or phinn would make to get on the end of crosses.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

It trying isn’t really what I meant, it’s more a lack of being hard to beat with a strong leadership spine.

We should have signed Anderson instead of Lang and a seasoned attacker like Kenny Miller. Anderson has apparently sorted out Raith rovers defence single handedly and won player of the month in league one. Not a long term solution but one that would maybe stop defeats against Arbroath and Alloa. That’s two seasons in a row now where we’ve come out with a plan and formation and chucked it after a few games because it was ineffective. Somehow I think we might get a few points over the next few games though.

Many of our players would probably do the same. Doing well in League One is far from the criteria for a decent Championship player.

I'd also take Kevin Nisbet and Andy Ryan over Kenny Miller just now. I'm already looking forward to people missing the point with this post, but Nisbet and Ryan are better long term options and fit our approach and 'ethos' more than Miller, whose playing career is dwindling and will be over very soon.

Given the talk on the Ayr thread what’s everyone’s top 5 pars moments?

for me

1. that hardie freekick

2. Nicholson’s run 

2. Hamilton scoring  from a yard out vs hacken

3. 3-0 up vs rangers (there was a lot of shit under Kenny, but those 2 moments were fantastic) 

4. The Wilson o.g/what Graham claimed as the winner Vs rovers.

5. Faiss 1st against Dundee. 

Honerable mentions. Fleming putting tade on the railway track, falkingham out jumping Stevenson, skella goal in 04 final(doesn’t make the list as I still struggle to believe it was true) the other highlights from the 07 cup run, the 06 league cup semi

Singular moments of euphoria? 

1-Craig Wilson own goal, in the grand scheme of the league it meant nothing, it was my first away at Starks though, atmosphere was cracking, got served my first pint in a pub without someone else getting it for me and seen some literal fireworks on Pratt Street before the game, went mental at the goal.

2-Graham against Morton-The second one, I know that Rovers were losing, that it was effectively tied up, but once the second had went in I knew it was over, that we were winning the title, a glorious moment that was better than Hardie for me.

3-Inverness semi final, Brewsters goal, I never went to the replay or the final, my parents couldn't afford the outlay for everyone to go and I'm still gutted by it now, but Brewsters equaliser was great, the height of my time supporting the pars as a youngster, definitely took it for granted. 

4-Hardie, strangely I never had any doubts about this, even at half time I just knew we'd win, was strange. It was still a great moment in itself but I just felt like it was coming. 

5-Beating Aberdeen on penalties, loved that one, dreadful game, think it was the first time I'd seen Dunfermline in a penalty shootout. 

Admirable mentions to the Nicky Phinn equaliser against Aberdeen, the Thomson equaliser against Falkirk was a good moment, as was Pat Clarkes header on the first day of the season, beating Forfar despite being 4-1 down on aggregate. 

10 hours ago, smpar said:

Many of our players would probably do the same.

They wouldn,t

Doing well in League One is far from the criteria for a decent Championship player.

You signed Nisbet and Murray from league one.Were the poor signings on  Crawfords part ?

Beating Airdrie in 96 for the Division One title.

Skerla goal at Hampden

Hardie goal

Cappielow and being on the pitch after full time

Beating Oldco 2-0 when Vanoli scored. First time seeing us beat one of the Old Firm. There's shitloads more moments that could (and will on any other day) come into this list.

E.g. Lord Woolman's verdict.

45 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

My favourite moments non playing was Masterton getting chased by a tv reporter and forgetting the pin number on the door and getting flustered.
Also brian from dot net missing a penalty falling over and limping off to loud cheers at eep.

Apparently the door code was changed that morning and no one told Masterton! Was very funny though, the old dick. Is he still in Switzerland?

When was this in bold?! Gutted to have missed that. Would have loved jeering that p***k.

18 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Cappielow and being on the pitch after full time

What a great day.

We were running late because our train was delayed but seeing the Pars fans filling up the terracing as we went past gave you goosebumps.

The game was an absolute stroll. Never looked like anything but a Pars win.

The one steward trying to stop people coming on to the pitch, despite hundreds of fans already streaming on. 

Rubbing Gary Mason's sweaty head and feeling privileged to have touched the great man.

Apparently the door code was changed that morning and no one told Masterton! Was very funny though, the old dick. Is he still in Switzerland?
When was this in bold?! Gutted to have missed that. Would have loved jeering that p***k.
The season after all the chaos. I wish I'd recorded it.

50 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What a great day.

We were running late because our train was delayed but seeing the Pars fans filling up the terracing as we went past gave you goosebumps.

The one steward trying to stop people coming on to the pitch, despite hundreds of fans already streaming on. 

Rubbing Gary Mason's sweaty head and feeling privileged to have touched the great man.

What a pler.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What a great day.

Rather jealous now. 

Dunfermline Athletic are delighted to announce the signing of Gary Mason until the end of the season.

Gary Mason admitted that he couldn't stop smiling after agreeing a short term contract to rejoin the club after leaving in 2007.

I almost wept when I read this on the official site back in 2010.

I'd be equally happy if it appeared on there tomorrow.