Walking Down The Halbeath Road

This is disgusting... 8 games into the league season with the new side, a defensive record on a par with teams at the top of the league, seconds away from being 5th in the table rather than ninth in a very tight league with a couple of exceptions ...yet most of you have jacked it and are calling for the managers head (again). Spineless, gutless so called supporters talking about the next manager whilst Craw is still in post. Grow a backbone. If you want instant success maybe the OF is more suitable for your glory hunter "supporting" needs?

Whenever you throw a team together it will take time to get it right, especially when the average age is so young (most could be playing U21). Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'd give him the season and see where we are, rather than this knee jerk venting every time we have a disappointing result. Pity that keyboard warriors now influence football boards.

This is disgusting... 7 games into the league season with the new side, a defensive record on a par with teams at the top of the league, seconds away from being 5th in the table rather than ninth in a very tight league with a couple of exceptions ...yet most of you have jacked it and are calling for the managers head (again). Spineless, gutless so called supporters talking about the next manager whilst Craw is still in post. Grow a backbone. If you want instant success maybe the OF is more suitable for your glory hunter "supporting" needs?

Whenever you throw a team together it will take time to get it right, especially when the average age is so young (most could be playing U21). Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'd give him the season and see where we are, rather than this knee jerk venting every time we have a disappointing result. Pity that keyboard warriors now influence football boards.

Being seconds away from fifth place (and still very close to a relegation spot) does not excuse the fact that the tactics have been lacking and the performances have not improved. The stats - for this season, last and the two combined - under Crawford make for grim reading and that can’t be ignored. Make changes to the management before we’re really in the shit.

It’s not an attack on Crawford to say he’s out of his depth, he’s actually managed to build a decent squad for this league, he just isn’t getting the best out of them. That shows with the frustration/concern being directed towards Crawford and only a minor percentage of the blame going towards the players; they’re not being set up properly and it’s showing.

On 30/09/2019 at 13:45, D.A.F.C said:

Ross county and st j are being artificially propped up with cash they cant afford by the gates.
Livvy and accies are really well run.

Care to explain how St Johnstone are "artificially propped up with cash they can't afford"?

I'll help you out by telling you our owners have only ever put money in once, in 1994, which he then took back out with interest six months later. We also spent the early 00s saving money instead of, you know, killing the club by chasing an unattainable dream, which has led to us having a sitting bank of balance of almost £3m. Our income from league positions alone overwhelms our wage expenditure over the past decade aswell.

But please, let me know how St Johnstone are even close to being a club who "can't afford to be where they are"?

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I can’t see how you can afford the team you have with less of a home support than us.

Does farmer boy not put cash in?

No, Steve Brown doesnt put a single penny in.

Has it ever crossed your mind that having 1000 more home fans every week is completely redundant when we've been getting mammoth away crowds for a decade, including a European game where we had over 8000 home fans? 

It's absolutely beautiful how many fans of "bigger clubs" cant fathom out how them constantly fucking up despite spending more money doesnt automatically mean we're cheating because we're successful with less. Maybe if you spent your money better, you wouldnt be where you are.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, Steve Brown doesnt put a single penny in.

Has it ever crossed your mind that having 1000 more home fans every week is completely redundant when we've been getting mammoth away crowds for a decade, including a European game where we had over 8000 home fans? 

It's absolutely beautiful how many fans of "bigger clubs" cant fathom out how them constantly fucking up despite spending more money doesnt automatically mean we're cheating because we're successful with less. Maybe if you spent your money better, you wouldnt be where you are.

Bragging about how often your home support gets dwarfed by the away fans 🤣

Pretty much sums up St Johnstone right there.

5 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Bragging about how often your home support gets dwarfed by the away fans 🤣

Pretty much sums up St Johnstone right there.

Forgive me if I dont give a f**k about crowdwanking, tbh. Our home crowds are what they are, I dont care. 

I'm merely explaining how we can afford to run a top flight team with a Championship level home support.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Forgive me if I dont give a f**k about crowdwanking, tbh. Our home crowds are what they are, I dont care. 

I'm merely explaining how we can afford to run a top flight team with a Championship level home support.

Why bring it up the 8,000 home fans for a european game then? 🤣

Just now, Rob1885 said:

Why bring it up the 8,000 home fans for a european game then? 🤣

TO EXPLAIN HOW WE HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR A TOP FLIGHT TEAM WITHOUT OUTSIDE INVESTMENT.

It's a very, very, very, simple point I made, but one you seem absolutely desperate to misconstrue to try and make some jibe about our crowds. 

As I say, they're shite, we're a diddy team in terms of fan numbers and probably have less season ticket holders than most Championship clubs. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TO EXPLAIN HOW WE HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR A TOP FLIGHT TEAM WITHOUT OUTSIDE INVESTMENT.

It's a very, very, very, simple point I made, but one you seem absolutely desperate to misconstrue to try and make some jibe about our crowds. 

As I say, they're shite, we're a diddy team in terms of fan numbers and probably have less season ticket holders than most Championship clubs. 

Glad you're aware of this.

Just now, Rob1885 said:

Glad you're aware of this.

*shrugs shoulders*

In the past 10 years I've seen Saints finish 3rd, beat Rangers and Aberdeen while scoring 5 goals, beat Celtic at Celtic Park, win a Scottish Cup, beat a well known European side and regularly finish as one of the best sides in the Country.

In the same time frame Dunfermline have spent more time in League One than the top flight. 

Call us a diddy side if it makes you feel better, not a single one of our fans would swap.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs shoulders*

In the past 10 years I've seen Saints finish 3rd, beat Rangers and Aberdeen while scoring 5 goals, beat Celtic at Celtic Park, win a Scottish Cup, beat a well known European side and regularly finish as one of the best sides in the Country.

In the same time frame Dunfermline have spent more time in League One than the top flight. 

Call us a diddy side if it makes you feel better, not a single one of our fans would swap.

You still going?

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

This is disgusting... 8 games into the league season with the new side, a defensive record on a par with teams at the top of the league, seconds away from being 5th in the table rather than ninth in a very tight league with a couple of exceptions ...yet most of you have jacked it and are calling for the managers head (again). Spineless, gutless so called supporters talking about the next manager whilst Craw is still in post. Grow a backbone. If you want instant success maybe the OF is more suitable for your glory hunter "supporting" needs?

Shut up. Take your OF glory seeking chat right to f**k as well. A huge load of bollocks.

Evidence has clearly shown Crawford isn't up to it. It's not like we're unlucky and have been playing well. We're barely scoring. We're barely creating chances. We're soft and nervy. We concede too easily. There's no discernible style of play. 

Above all there's no sign of progress.

Incidentally most couldn't be playing under 21 (with Scully, Martin, Ashcroft, Murray, Comrie, Lang, Beadling, Paton, Dow, Kiltie, Nisbet, Ryan, Thomson, Devine, Gill, Turner and Coley all over 21).

Ram your little keyboard warrior comment as well. Please explain how saying that you don't think a manager is up to it is being a 'keyboard warrior'.

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

An absolutely superb heads gone.

"Spineless" and "gutless" for thinking 1 win in 16 games is not acceptable? You think football fans talking about a manager's future is "disgusting"? Can only assume you know the man personally to make such a fool of yourself over him.

He's completely out of his depth, having been beyond lucky to get the gig in the first place.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

People laughing at the mention of Jack Ross will look very silly in 2 weeks’ time.

Well, we won't.

Either a) We were right and Jack Ross is not our manager or b) Jack Ross IS our manager and we'll all be rightly thrilled.

I can’t see how you can afford the team you have with less of a home support than us.
Does farmer boy not put cash in?

Have you even looked at the distribution of prize money in the SPFL? Good chance that the money St Johnstone get from that alone is greater than our income for an entire year.

That’s before you consider their inflated attendances when the old firm or Edinburgh clubs come to town.