Walking Down The Halbeath Road

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Well, we won't.

Either a) We were right and Jack Ross is not our manager or b) Jack Ross IS our manager and we'll all be rightly thrilled.

Very silly indeed.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

What was Jim McIntyre like as a manager for you lot?

Obviously he won the league but was the football any good, did he spend a lot of money or did he just get very lucky?

He's genuinely been our best manager in the past 20 years. 

The football by and large was good, liked his 442 with two wingers staying wide, he got criticised allot for not having a plan b when either Cardle, Willie Gibson or Davie Graham weren't playing well we didn't play well, we got promoted out of a league that was a poor standard though, budget then got reduced for our Premiership season and we had a weaker squad, all in all I liked him. I'd take him over Crawford. 

He's genuinely been our best manager in the past 20 years. 

The football by and large was good, liked his 442 with two wingers staying wide, he got criticised allot for not having a plan b when either Cardle, Willie Gibson or Davie Graham weren't playing well we didn't play well, we got promoted out of a league that was a poor standard though, budget then got reduced for our Premiership season and we had a weaker squad, all in all I liked him. I'd take him over Crawford. 
Didn't get spoken about enough how much his hands were tied when we got promoted. As grim as season 11/12 was, he was a great manager for us. Did very well with QOTS and with County in the main.

Will always be linked with the managers vacancy here whenever it rises. I expect he'll be back at Dunfermline again.

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Daft.net hates him for some reason?

It's because they're convinced that he said bad things to their saviour Stephen Kenny and acted badly to get him fired.

This despite Kenny himself saying that he was simply not ready at the time for such a role and was out of his depth due to his inexperience.

Most folk on that site seem to be convinced that Kenny was some sort of misunderstood genius who was forced out of East End due to a nefarious cabal led by Nipper and McIntyre. 

They think that he would have got us promoted and challenging for Europe had he not been sacked, with some posters even saying that he would have been our Alex Ferguson.

Edited by DA Baracus

I would be very wary of appointing McIntyre. He was abysmal at Dundee, quite literally the worst in their history based on win percentage.

Plus I'd hate to see that cretin Billy Dodds at East End.

16 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Steve Clarke hadn't been a full-time manager for almost two years before getting the Killie job.

He was also a local lad, whose brother made hundreds of appearances for Kilmarnock.

Killie were also a top flght side, with a lot more potential for growth in the short-term.

Other than those points, a very good comparison.

Oh calm down man. Surely you can see the point I was making? His move to Killie was widely recognised as a bit of a coup at the time. He'd managed in the EPL and was/is a highly respected coach. No-one expected his next move to be to a struggling SPFL club.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

It's because they're convinced that he said bad things to their saviour Stephen Kenny and acted badly to get him fired.

This despite Kenny himself saying that he was simply not ready at the time for such a role and was out of his depth due to his inexperience.

Most folk on that site seem to be convinced that Kenny was some sort of misunderstood genius who was forced out of East End due to a nefarious cabal led by Nipper and McIntyre. 

They think that he would have got us promoted and challenging for Europe had he not been sacked, with some posters even saying that he would have been our Alex Ferguson.

There's one poster in particular who utterly despises him but apart from him it's a 50/50 split IMO, definitely not "most folk"

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

There's one poster in particular who utterly despises him but apart from him it's a 50/50 split IMO, definitely not "most folk"

To be fair I haven't been on that site in years.

Some of the things said poster says at times are absolutely outrageous [emoji23]

Funnily enough, he's never able to substantiate the things he says when pulled up about it.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

If it wasn't Dot Net I'd assume you were joking.

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Oh calm down man. Surely you can see the point I was making? His move to Killie was widely recognised as a bit of a coup at the time. He'd managed in the EPL and was/is a highly respected coach. No-one expected his next move to be to a struggling SPFL club.

Perfectly calm. You made a half-baked comparison and I pointed out the obvious differences that made it irrelevant.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Most folk on that site are lunatics tbf

There's genuinely only a handful of decent posters. Apart from that, they're all entitled, jobs-for-the-boys-esque tits. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, Steve Brown doesnt put a single penny in.

Has it ever crossed your mind that having 1000 more home fans every week is completely redundant when we've been getting mammoth away crowds for a decade, including a European game where we had over 8000 home fans? 

It's absolutely beautiful how many fans of "bigger clubs" cant fathom out how them constantly fucking up despite spending more money doesnt automatically mean we're cheating because we're successful with less. Maybe if you spent your money better, you wouldnt be where you are.

Dry yer eyes mate

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

What about Billy Davies? Hasn't been in a job for years, has a very good record in management by and large, ex player, would he come down this far? 

He has a very good win percentage. He hasn't been in management for 5 years, but, even at that, I don't think he'd take a job that would pay so low, compared to what he has been used to in the past. 

Crawford is a dead man walking and, although it might be a tad disrespectful talking about a successor, it has absolutely got to happen at some point. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

What about Billy Davies? Hasn't been in a job for years, has a very good record in management by and large, ex player, would he come down this far? 

He's a bit mental these days.

He believes there's some mad conspiracy theory going around to stop him getting a job.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/09/billy-davies-nottingham-forest-derby-county-no-job-smear-campaign

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/real-mad-king-billy-davies-2967977

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/24/billy-davies-nippy-sweetie-nottingham-forest

He'd never ever take the Pars job as he believes that he will soon be back at an English Championship or Premiership club. 

Even if he was willing he should be kept far away. Total mentalist.

He's a bit mental these days.
He believes there's some mad conspiracy theory going around to stop him getting a job.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/09/billy-davies-nottingham-forest-derby-county-no-job-smear-campaign
https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/real-mad-king-billy-davies-2967977
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/24/billy-davies-nippy-sweetie-nottingham-forest

He'd never ever take the Pars job as he believes that he will soon be back at an English Championship or Premiership club. 
Even if he was willing he should be kept far away. Total mentalist.
Lizard aliens imo