Walking Down The Halbeath Road

42 minutes ago, smpar said:

Finances might be an issue here (as well as the board *actually* punting Crawford) but I have a strange 'gut feeling' about the above prediction. 

Aye it's obviously unrealistic but would be quality.

10 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

I can tell you there was a short list of 4 100% and that came from a board member Jim Goodwin was one of the 4

No one believes your attention seeking pish, so pipe down you c**t.

I can’t see Crawford surviving defeats to Ayr and United, which are likely. And if we do end up punting him then I would like us to actually open the job up to applicants this time rather than employing internally, the process last time was far too quick for it to have been thought out correctly.

I can’t see Crawford surviving defeats to Ayr and United, which are likely. And if we do end up punting him then I would like us to actually open the job up to applicants this time rather than employing internally, the process last time was far too quick for it to have been thought out correctly.
80% of the board wanted Crawford so it was him. The other 2 or 3 board members wanted to interview and where voted down simple .

53 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Not a chance in hell we could get Jack Ross.

If he wants a quick return then he'll more than likely end up at either Hearts or Hibs.

And it would also mean we would have to be without a manager, which isn't going to happen any time soon. 

Time the board realised this experiment is utter guff and showed some ambition.

30 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's not ambition to target someone you're never going to get.

It's naivety bordering on stupidity.

Wonder if Killie thought like this before appointing Steve Clarke?

10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Wonder if Killie thought like this before appointing Steve Clarke?

Steve Clarke hadn't been a full-time manager for almost two years before getting the Killie job.

He was also a local lad, whose brother made hundreds of appearances for Kilmarnock.

Killie were also a top flght side, with a lot more potential for growth in the short-term.

Other than those points, a very good comparison.