Walking Down The Halbeath Road

How has Paton been for you lot?
The Dunfermline fans on here are on a similar journey to us with Paton except they went all in on him which makes it all the funnier.

I wont mention the "ah'm no Zidane" patter again becauae some got a bit salty when I brought it up last time, but the while thing is pretty amusing.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The Dunfermline fans on here are on a similar journey to us with Paton except they went all in on him which makes it all the funnier.

I wont mention the "ah'm no Zidane" patter again becauae some got a bit salty when I brought it up last time, but the while thing is pretty amusing.

He isn't Zidane though and he does have quite good patter, there wasn't any Pars fans AFAIK making out he was a great player, he certainly isn't.  He's meeting the expectations that I had of him in that if used sparingly I think he'd be great, apparently he's good in the changing room and shows decent leadership but Crawford playing him constantly will cost him his job, as much as he may be one of the bigger leaders he doesn't suit the pressing game Crawford wanted to play. 

It's not quite on the level of buying a bunch of jobbers, changing all our avatars to the manager before ditching said jobbers and managers but still getting relegated levels of "all in", like. Lord knows how funny you'd find that. 

Sometimes it takes a bit of time to click for whatever reason. We can't get into the habit of sacking manager after manager. 

This is the key bit for me. The main difference between Crawford and AJ is that Crawford has carefully assembled a squad, as opposed to AJ sticking to the players he knew and rarely deviating from that. Unless we’re in a dire position, which we’re admittedly not that far away from, Crawford should be given time to see a bit of improvement. After all, no reasonably-minded person expected any better than 5th/6th before the competitive games started, I think the decent group stage matches, the first half against Dundee and the game at Celtic raised our expectations unreasonably high.

If the results and performances continue as they are then, aye, we should be looking elsewhere. For now, though, I’m just hoping to see some wins and decent performances very soon even though some shite performances and results are to be expected.

Tl;dr - I’m prepared to remain patient with a bit of shite here and there, as long as we see an overall improvement and no immediate danger of relegation.

I think Martin at CB

Not for me.

A 532 could work, there's quite a few things that could work and I think Crawford has got the tactical neus to try it out and get there. I've never been of shouting for a manager to go when I reckon it's beyond repair but we're not even slightly close to that stage, yet. 

I’m more comfortable with a back 3 after seeing Lang play, he has the pace to cover when needed.

It also probably is essential Murray is there to organise it, and as suggested probably needs Martin in. So doesn’t overly leave many times it can be used.

It also brings Edwards in at wingback where he’ll need to offer a lot more going forward than he has done so far.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Not one Pars fan thought he'd be a good player but felt he had good patter. This remains the case.

Saying we went "all in" on him is like claiming Falkirk fans genuinely felt they'd do well last season because their signings were handsome.

No one will care about the Alloa game if we win on Saturday and nor should they. Win lose or draw, yesterday's result was utterly meaningless.

If Lang is out for ICT game, who would you all play at centre back? Not looking for what is likely to happen but what would be your preferred choice. Is Beadling and Martin, with Edwards at left back, really a worse option than Ashcroft and Devine at this stage? Will Scully come back in? You'd think Cochrane and Kiltie have to start but who drops out?

See where the land lies after the next 4 games. Would nearly be the first quarter finished and there's an international break so a 2 week gap between games. Probably the best time to take proper stock of what's happening/ will happen.

What makes you think Beadling would do a better job at fullback than Martin, and Martin at CB over Beadling?

Apart from that I think you’re on to something.

Crawford has definitely made a rod for his own back by making Paton captain, basically untouchable.

I'd like to see:

Gill
Comrie
Ashcroft
Lang (Martin if injured)
Martin (Edwards if Lang injured)

Cochrane
Beadling

Kiltie
Turner
Dow (McDonald or Coley if injured)

Nisbet

What I think we'll see:

Scully
Comrie
Ashcroft
Devine
Martin

Paton
Beadling
Cochrane

Turner

Kiltie
Nisbet

I'm a big fan of Ryan but he's been rank rotten the past few games he's played

Against ICT I'd like to see (Since Murray and Lang out):

Gill

Comrie Ashy Morrison Martin

Dow Beadling Turner Edwards

Nisbet Kiltie

Not seen Cochrane yet so can't judge, I still think 3-5-2 is the way to go when we have everyone fit....