Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Think Gill for at least shot stopping cant be worse, however after seeing the united came the cb's and Scully were not well organised. Gill will have his work cut out possibly just getting a confident pairing in front of him. Didnt see Arbroath game but from what ive read we defensively were slow and im guessing was similar to United game..Devine is hardly gonna make anything better.

Is it worth putting an extra cb in. Ashcroft, Lang and Martin, With Comrie and Edwards wingbacks.

Think Gill for at least shot stopping cant be worse, however after seeing the united came the cb's and Scully were not well organised. Gill will have his work cut out possibly just getting a confident pairing in front of him. Didnt see Arbroath game but from what ive read we defensively were slow and im guessing was similar to United game..Devine is hardly gonna make anything better.
Is it worth putting an extra cb in. Ashcroft, Lang and Martin, With Comrie and Edwards wingbacks.

Our back 4 desperately needs Murray in, he’s the only one capable of organising those around him. (Unless Lang can do that, deserves a chance vs Alloa at least) getting through the rest of the quarter without him is a big worry. Chucking an extra body in isn’t going to help, probably just make things messier.

It is an issue putting a young keeper in without that organisation but I think it’s worth a go, Scully has had long enough and can no longer put his performances down to a bad spell that he’ll get past. We’ve conceded 11 goals and I would say 5 at least he should have done better. That’s a poor ratio.

Agreed if the budget has space for a player as suggested then a keeper should be the priority.

Next week I hope to see Lang come in for Devine and Gill come in for Scully. Exactly the right time to bring them in. I would give Edwards a run out at LB too

All fine and dandy swapping players about but the biggest change we need is the manager finding a cohesive plan on the pitch.  That first half against Dundee seems a long time ago now. I knew we would take a while to shape the side but the result yesterday has now loaded a lot more pressure on everybody at the club.

Assuming our collective hard-on for this season has softened significantly?
We need to seriously shake our team up and get a win on the board that we can build on.
Personally, I think we should set up like this against inverness (don't give a f**k about the Alloa game):

Nisbet

McDonald   Turner  Dow

Cochrane   Paton

Edwards  Beadling  Lang  Comrie

Gill

I know the selection won't be nearly as bold as that but at the very least Gill should start, if not he might as well just leave the club as he's obviously never going to get a chance if he can't get in ahead of Scully right now.

Martin wasn't great against United but he's been one of our better performers this season, so I wouldn't be dropping him. Also not sure about Beadling at centre half, for all the stuff about him playing there in his youth I can't remember him playing there for us apart from maybe in the Challenge Cup at Inverness, so asking someone to play there having not done so for about 3 years and to replace an experienced centre back and to be in beside someone who hasn't played a first team game for us and to play in front of the second choice keeper seems a bit of a gamble to say the least! I'd bring Lang in for Devine, hope that Dow is fit and consider replacing Paton with Cochrane (or Todd) but I worry that yet again it'll be the physical side of things that let us down against Caley.

Daniel Armstrong has just left Ross County... 

Genuinely baffled why anyone has Paton in before Beadling, the reason Beadling has looked so poor the last two games is that he's effectively doing the work of two men. Unless we're playing 3 in the middle Paton won't do, he's Nat Wedderburn without the turns. 

I actually thought Ashcroft was okay, as long as we just expect him to defend and not be the guy who starts the moves for us. The main thing is having another centre half who is a competent passer, our tempo was so slow yesterday that Arbroath had plenty of time to be organised. I'm worried Crawford has had a knee jerk reaction to the United game (by far the best team in the league) in dropping Morrison who has been absolutely fine for us apart from that game. It's no coincidence we don't create chances when Devine is in the team, look at last season, we've just regressed to losing 1-0 and creating next to nothing when he comes into the team. Use part of the Celtic money to punt Devine?

I understand that Paton is a good personality etc but surely a competent footballer on the pitch is a bigger priority. 

We have got some amount of shite in the team. Scully, Devine and Paton are not good enough at this level and Crawford must see this. I would say we need a new keeper before the window shuts. Cochrane in for Paton and Lang in for Devine. Not impressed with Coley either, hopefully McDonald will be better than him.

Daniel Armstrong has just left Ross County... 
Genuinely baffled why anyone has Paton in before Beadling, the reason Beadling has looked so poor the last two games is that he's effectively doing the work of two men. Unless we're playing 3 in the middle Paton won't do, he's Nat Wedderburn without the turns. 

Armstrong would make sense.

I can’t see Paton being dropped, he’s playing exactly as expected.

We had 3 cm playing yesterday but they looked disjointed, Paton dropping deep, Turner trying to get up to Nisbet and Beadling playing box to box. It left them all isolated in their roles.

I think we missed Dow yesterday, he’ll come infield when necessary and help fill a hole when Paton has dropped too deep/turner has gone forward.

Is Cochrane,turner and Beadling playing as a flat 3 an option? They’ve all got good energy to up and down the field.

Armstrong would make sense.

I can’t see Paton being dropped, he’s playing exactly as expected.

We had 3 cm playing yesterday but they looked disjointed, Paton dropping deep, Turner trying to get up to Nisbet and Beadling playing box to box. It left them all isolated in their roles.

I think we missed Dow yesterday, he’ll come infield when necessary and help fill a hole when Paton has dropped too deep/turner has gone forward.

Is Cochrane,turner and Beadling playing as a flat 3 an option? They’ve all got good energy to up and down the field.
Problem is there's no way he'll drop Paton, although I think he should be. Said at the time it was a honking signing and stick to it now, when Joe Thompson comes back we'll have even more depth in that position.

How lazy does Nisbet look btw? He just saunters about and doesn't look remotely interested. Wouldn't be adverse to signing another striker on loan or giving McGill a chance.

We desperately need Murray back in the defence, think Lang deserves a chance. Can't be any worse than Devine surely?

How lazy does Nisbet look btw? He just saunters about and doesn't look remotely interested. Wouldn't be adverse to signing another striker on loan or giving McGill a chance.
?

Odd take. He could rightly be frustrated about being left up by himself with no service and no support but he does put plenty effort in.

There's still allot of options with the squad from which to improve it thankfully. 

At CB there's no need to play Devine, get Lang in there. We're solid at full back imo. 

In midfield we haven't yet tried Turner at Cm in a conventional box to box role, get some energy and pressing in there, it would free up Beadling aswell. We also have Cochrane to come in and Thomson to come back. 

Our wide Mcdonald is still to play, comes with good reviews from Inverness, Coley blows hot and cold but he's still a good option at this level, Dow was missing who's a good player. 

Upfront is a weird one, do we go 2 up top? Who suits Nisbet the best? Do we put him up by himself? If we do then we can't leave him as isolated as what we did, we did it through the league Cup to great success. 

I genuinely believe the biggest problem is our centre mid though and Paul Paton, Crawford has backed himself into a corner giving him the captains armband. 

The spine of the team is fucking chronic and the older players are mostly honking.

He said we were going to sign mentors but they are the ones making mistakes. Scully, Paton, Ashcroft, Devine.

We need some leaders but we’ve blown the budget on inexperienced players. That’s why we are getting schooled by the likes of Arbroath.

I disagree matey I don't think the spine is especially bad. If we play the right players. 

In goals we do have a problem I agree, however Ashcroft was looking fine at Cb(ish) next to Murray, Devine shouldn't even be in the conversation here it's fucking mental that he's been brought in. 

In midfield Beadling is very decent, just don't pair him with Paton, Turner is cracking and Nesbit is decent. 

We just need to get the personal correct, Crawfords job depends on it so I'm hoping he comes around tbf. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I disagree matey I don't think the spine is especially bad. If we play the right players. 

In goals we do have a problem I agree, however Ashcroft was looking fine at Cb(ish) next to Murray, Devine shouldn't even be in the conversation here it's fucking mental that he's been brought in. 

In midfield Beadling is very decent, just don't pair him with Paton, Turner is cracking and Nesbit is decent. 

We just need to get the personal correct, Crawfords job depends on it so I'm hoping he comes around tbf. 

Felt it was obvious Devine would come in after Morrison's performance against United. I don't agree with playing him but the thinking would be you need more experience at the back. I do refuse to believe Devine was worse yesterday than Ashcroft & Morrison were last weekend but I guess it's technically possible.

Get Beadling sitting behind Cochrane and Turner, with McDonald/Coley on the left and Dow down the right with Nisbet up top. Murray and Lang can play when both are fit and ready but go for Ashcroft and Lang in the meantime. I shudder to think what will happen if Lang is pish as well.

Edit - As much as I agree Paton isn't very good, Beadling has seemingly had two shockers in a row now. He shouldn't be judged on what we think he's capable of but how he's actually performing.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre